do you think OoO is ok?

Kumnut768
Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

title, just want to see peoples honest opinion on this since the new dev stream where they said "those people that do use it don't exactly escape very often, so it doesn't seem like an amazingly effective perk."

Post edited by Kumnut768 on

Comments

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Do you have a link to the dev stream, or will you share what they said about OoO?

• Kumnut768

"those people that do use it don't exactly escape very often, so it doesn't seem like an amazingly effective perk."

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

I have not experienced any problem with it myself

Has it been demonstrated to significantly improve 4SWF Teams survival chances compared to one that does not have it?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

No, it gives too much information, both for SWF and Solo.

However, I think that the problem is not as big as some people claim it to be. If I get 1 OoO in a week, this is much for me. But we are talking about those who ALWAYS go against Top Tier SWFs, so I can imagine that players exaggerate with OoO-Usage as well.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

no. it gives too much free information to a good survivor

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

OoO is not ok that perk is so broken no nerf to the perk will change that. When you think about it the survivor know where the killer is 100% of the time meanwhile the killer know where 25 % of the survivor are when the survivor decide to look at the killer

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,815
    edited October 2020

Yes, even for four-man SWF.

Four-man SWF already usually know where the killer is, so OoO doesn't give all that much additional information. It also has very real drawbacks: showing your aura to to the killer, preventing you from efficiently scanning your immediate area for pallets/windows/totems to avoid revealing your aura, and even somewhat ironically preventing you from visually locating for the killer when it's clearly disadvantageous for you to show your aura (such as when the killer has built up a lot of pressure and you need to come intervene, or when you're on death hook). It's also actively detrimental against stealth killers, because you can only basically see what half of the map they're on in exchange for them knowing your exact location.

Much like SWF in general, the theoretical ceiling of OoO is quite high, especially on certain maps and against certain killers. In practice, I think it's fine. I'm not surprised in the slightest that the devs haven't noticed OoO boosting survival rates.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Played against it once as Trapper and it was awful. He was rank 1 and I managed to hook him twice but he just disabled all my traps. It's pretty toxic when they blatantly use it to wind up the killer.

• notstarboard
    edited October 2020

I agree for Trapper, I disagree for Hag. Hag just sets too many traps too quickly that are too hard to see, let alone to safely disarm. Good luck communicating that quickly and precisely enough to your squad mates, and you all having a good enough memory for trap location, that you're able to break her web faster than she can repair it while also avoiding free hits and while also doing gens. It's just not realistic. The best you can really hope to do is call out traps near points of interest, like "she trapped in front of hook - crouch in", but in SWF you would already know to crouch or use your flashlight in most of those areas.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I honestly don't feel it's an issue. If it was as OP as people want you to believe then every survivor would run it. I have been playing for 3 years and main killer and i'm being generous with stating I may see object once every couple of weeks. Every survivor runs DS but OoO is the strong perk and is a problem? I don't buy it.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Hag is harder to notice but its more on her M/S than her traps. Due to Hag being a 110% killer if you saw she left a trap, destroy that trap and go to her other new one and do the same, multiple trap burns are what causes Hag to suffer against OoO as she has to place all her traps back together 5% slower than trapper can

• notstarboard
    edited October 2020

But a SWF already has information on where the killer is for most of the match even without OoO. What are the odds that 1) No one sees the killer (including with other perks, like Alert or Spine Chill), 2) No one hears the killer, and 3) The killer is not a stealth killer (because OoO is terrible against stealth killers regardless)? Pretty low, right? And in those situations, is that information really likely to be helpful enough for the perk to be considered broken? You can imagine this being strong against certain killers that are stealthy but not undetectable, like Deathslinger, but revealing your location to a killer like Deathslinger is pretty much asking to be tunneled out of the match because of his insane 1v1... I digress.

• notstarboard

The 5% speed difference is honestly negligible when it comes to traversing the map. It'll take you like a couple of seconds more to traverse the entire map versus a 115% killer. Hag should be trapping constantly rather than chasing. If you see her place a trap, that means that you're 24-72m away. Are you going to break that trap yourself? Or are you going to call it out to another teammate that's somehow going to be able to locate the trap exactly to the point where they can just barely trigger it and get away to the nearest pallet without taking a hit? Either way you're wasting a massive amount of time on something that is risky and difficult to do. In the time it takes for you to destroy that one trap, even if you do it cleanly, the Hag probably set three more. The only time where you can really reliably do damage to her web is when she has another survivor on her shoulder. Other than that, you're pretty much just wasting your time, even if you're running OoO and you are unrealistically good at communicating trap locations to your team.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I feel most revealing perks are bad when in a swf group Alert or Spine Chill don't forgot OoO.

• Bigboi
    Bigboi Member Posts: 12

I think it just depends on the survivor and how they want to use it. I've played against OoO swfs and as trapper and barely noticed a difference.

The majority of people who run it too arent great at looping from my experience.

That being said it can be extremely broken, especially on certain maps and against freddy in the dreamworld.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

No, I don't think its okay. Its a bit too powerful and not fun to play against. No, it doesn't guarantee an escape. In fact, many killers will go out of their way to make sure the object dies. It's kind of like Spine Chill and Premonition merged into one perk and hopped up on steroids.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

And the devs are being deliberately obtuse in quoting numbers that don't even tell half the story of the perk, meanwhile ignoring mountains of feedback from players across all levels of play. (and some of their most popular streamers at that)

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Hell no it aint

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

This is one thing I will agree with. Against freddy in dream world it's pretty broken.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

No. I don’t think it’s OP on its own, but I do think it’s extremely anti-fun and should be reworked because it’s badly designed.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

The perk needs a rework it is way too strong when it's a team of swf or on maps like Midwich.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

free because the survivor controls whenever they want to see the killer, almost anywhere on the map, with no counter for the killer other than ignoring them

And, the trade off of revealing your aura to the killer isn’t enough since you gain so much distance by just holding W once you see the killer is coming to you

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

nah. there is no reason for this perk to exist.

• DCh4rlie
    DCh4rlie Member Posts: 66

No.

• Kumnut768
    edited October 2020

as of current there is 40 responses and only 1 said that it was balanced, ik this forum can be killer sided at times but this shows that it needs some kind of rework and yet the devs dont want to

Post edited by Kumnut768 on
  • Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

And here is the problem - when people see someone with OoO, they lose all capability of rational thought and their vision turns red. Tunnelling a decent player who's using OoO and then camping them out is the best way to get 1 kill at most, and that's if you're lucky, regardless of whether they are playing solo queue or not.

That's fine if you're a rookie, but the amount of people who've put countless hours into the game and still have this problem is astounding.

When you load up in a match against an OoO user, try to think about the big picture, instead of developing tunnel vision and only being able to see that one Survivor's aura

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246
    edited October 2020

No. It's very problematic against certain killers and on certain maps. Any killer against OoO on an indoor map, Haddonfield, Preschool, or Gas Heaven will have a horrible time. Especially a 110ms killer.

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554
    edited October 2020

No one cares about the big picture of a 6-13 minute match. I would rather tunnel the living crap out of an OoO user and make their game insanely boring (for trying to make mine insanely boring/frustrating) in the hopes that they get tired of it and not be anti-fun.

• notstarboard

They do, but the killer still gets to see them. That information is useful for the killer. The survivor also doesn't know where the killer is until they look, meaning they have to spend the game looking away from the center of the map if they really don't want to get seen. You also can't just hold W away when you're on the edge of the map. The killer will very likely be able to find you and catch up to you, and camp you on the hook if they so choose. And then there are stealth killers...

• notstarboard

Freddy can still teleport right to the object if they're on or near a gen when they look his way, and he doesn't need mindgames to shut down loops because of his snares so the obsession is screwed if he knows where they are an wants them dead. I definitely wouldn't call it broken against him.

• notstarboard

Indoor maps make callouts very difficult for survivors, though, even if you're in a SWF. Imagine if you're on Lery's or something and you see the killer. Are you going to know where the killer is relative to your teammates, even if they're good at communicating and even if you've already explored some of the map? Probably not. The best you'll probably have is a general idea, like "he's on the right side of the map - where are you guys?" It's probably not going to give you much more than just paying attention to the TR, Alert, Spine Chill, etc. already would.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Depends on the team, to be honest. My SWF is a tournament team. We don't use OoO, but it would be lethal if we did. We have drawn out maps, specific room names for the indoor maps, and determine true north on each map. Plus we always call out which gen we're on. Would be fairly easy to say "killer is heading clockwise of music room upstairs" if we're on Midwich.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Object is not fine. In my opinion it´s the strongest asset a SWF can bring apart from comms. It´s strong vs all but the very strongest Killers. It´s broken on some maps. It´s broken against certain Killers. The alleged downside isn´t really a downside since the circumstances are always dictated by the Object. In the hands of a good team it´s power potential surpasses anything else.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I'll be honest. While in concept i agree that it's utterly broken on swf. I have maybe one or two matches in total where i can say i lost because of OoO and slecificly because of OoO.

In short while i don't think it's fair. I really wouldn't care less if they decided to leave it as is.

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256
    edited October 2020

It is annoying when an SWF has it because it makes their group play even more effective, and for a game that relies on the survivors not having that kind of information to hand (information = exactly what the killer is doing and where they are going at all times), it isn't enjoyable unless you are a stealth killer.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited October 2020