The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How does it feel getting no kills?

Babyyy_Boyy
Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

I’m curious to know how people feel when they get no kills in their matches? Do you rage? Do you blame yourself for it? Do you blame the survivors for being too good? Do you look back and see what you could of have done differently? Do you put on an ebony mori for your next match? Do you play a stronger killer next match? Personally when it happens I replay the same killer and think what I did wrong in the last match to help myself learn. What about you?

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I look at how many points I got then then rotate to the next killer on my list. It's that killers fault, not mine.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited October 2020

I look back on my mistakes, because 9.99 times out of 10 it's the player's fault, and not the game's, or SWF, or perks, you simply got outplayed by the other side and you absolutely could have done something better. So learn from your mistakes people! Become a better player, don't remain the same and continue to blame the game for your problems.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Happens sometimes it's usually cause I missed a Chainsaw Curve or missed a hatchet shot yeah mostly on me it does really stink not even the fault or actions of survivors just mental miss.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

Yeah I feel you, and some survivors are nice to enough to say gg but most will just bash you. It’s even worse when all 4 do it and they won’t move on from the match.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Do you rage?

No.

Do you blame yourself for it?

Usually.

Do you blame the survivors for being too good?

There's no such thing.

Do you look back and see what you could of have done differently?

No.

Do you put on an ebony mori for your next match?

No.

Do you play a stronger killer next match?

No.

What i usually feel after getting no kills: "Oh well, next trial then."

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited October 2020

Getting no kills is not a biggie for me honestly. It just means that I royally ######### up, or map RNG was REALLY in their favour.

The only time where it gets frustrating if I get robbed of kills by bugs. Like when playing Nurse and getting my blinks taken away or undercharged by the server constantly, or playing Spirit and not hearing #########, or playing Myers and having my stalk taken away constantly, or ghosthits as Billy, or just getting screwed over by aim-dressing or hitboxes over and over again.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

When i get no kill most of the time its because i face a swf in a map i hate like ormond, mother dwelling, lampkin lane and midwich.

• deadaim6
    deadaim6 Member Posts: 18

It's pretty rough when it's because of bad matchmaking and the survivors BM. And because you're running at 15fps because the last patch broke things.

(I'm just salty about getting stomped with my level 1-2 killers and can't get bloodpoints to level up. Atleast I can get the log in award without playing. Not much I can do with the event or Daily Rituals, though. Or losing time on Tome/Rift....)

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Playing either side, I haven't seen a 0K in at least 3-6 months maybe a lot longer, I honestly don't remember so I have no reaction either way. It should be a lot more common to be able to 0K.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

Based on the game it can be fine or a bit frustrating. Usually just with myself, sometimes I am clearly out matched... I might be considered 1-3 red rank, but the difference between me and someone that has thousands of hours practice is still a big gap. In those cases it is just a shrug, to be expected.

Usually if I go on a losing streak, I just stop playing 'nice' and just start focusing on my own game. If that means the better target is the poor survivor that just came off the hook, I won't go out of my way to not hit them and target them as I should. It is to stressful to play nice, sure you might get like 7 or 8 hooks if you play well yet if nobody died it still feels like a loss.

Most likely will be called a camper or tunneler at the end, yet that is just what it is. My opinion is if you want to get better and play to win you need to adapt to the situation, focus on your own gameplan and the situation, the way survivors act etc. Are there people good enough to just play nice and consistently win or even just have the idea they have agency in the game... sure, but one needs to be extremely good at the game to play that way.

• Wingmonster
    Wingmonster Member Posts: 27

I get ######### pissed and camp someone next match, you dont escape from me ######### lol

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

I don’t really rage. In the games where I just straight up don’t get a kill it’s usually my own fault and because I played poorly. I’ll maybe take a break and watch some videos after hitting everyone with a gg. It feels like you lost. Which everyone should know the feeling of lol

• GOATYGOAT2330
    GOATYGOAT2330 Member Posts: 3

I get pissed... I can't do anything against 4 man survivor teams... its worse when you play survivor and get in the same lobby as the survivor and they die instantly to the killer lol

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

There are many ways to win as Killer.

My favourite way (which requires getting no kills) is when you've wrecked all of your Survivors in the match so badly that they know you may as well have killed them all even though you let them all go.

Shed the sweat and Killer becomes exponentially less stressful.

When I wasn't so enlightened I would just roll out Freddy and wreck face.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

If i kill no one i made a crapload of mistakes most time.

• God_Prof
    God_Prof Member Posts: 60

NOT SO GOOD (BY Mathieu Cote, in Korea twitch event G-star, 2017)

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Godawful unless it was a fun match or a farm/mess around shenanigans... Getting no kills feels depressing if I performed badly or nothing went well/according to plan

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Rule number 1 of online multiplayer games. No matter how good you think you are, there's always someone better then you.

I just try to see where you went wrong and go to the next match. Or if the match was really frustrating do something else.

Something I wish people did more to be honest. If the match was frustrating stop playing for that day.

DbD on it's own isn't that frustrating but people let everything build up by just keep going even after a bad match

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Matters HOW I didn't get any kills.

Did I play bad? My fault, I'm not too mad as I acknowledged I played bad and could've done better. Especially if I was close to a victory.

Did I get boned by something out of my control (eg map RNG, Broken survivor perks)? Eh, now I'm a bit salty as there was nothing I could've done to combat it.

Very rarely do I get 4 man escapes as slinger is a great killer, when I do I either play bad against a good team or have the unluckiest map RNG to the point where I cant catch anyone. I'm glad I have them types of games though, it helps me improve on what I'm bad at.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

It depends on what kind of 0K it was. If it's an 8-hook 0-kill game, then I say, "Should have camped that guy," because that's usually what would have made the difference. If it's a 1-hook 0-kill game, then something awful happened with the matchmaking, and it's time to take a break.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

What a great mindset! I feel the same way as a survivor-- I have to remember the person playing is probably having fun watching that spiky legged thing drag me into the sky lol! And it's good to think about consequences, I have been chased through three gens and I wasn't able to work on more than one which was lame, but I need to either die sooner or hide well. Also, matches where they provoke you are so crummy. I hate when they lead me to pallets and flashlight me before I even do the animation because I'm just like pls,,, pls have mercy lol! Good luck in your next matches and y'know what? I hope you get a 4k, you seem to care about their fun too :)!

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Practice makes perfect, but you also need a quality matchmaking system in place that isn't going to completely wreck you. Last match I played, my rank 14 Killer went up against a SWF that was all rank 4. Needless to say it didn't end well for me.

It's easy to say, "don't let it get to you", but not caring can only take you so far.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Aw thank you so much :) yes it's a game after all and I don't want anyone going out of a match and feeling like crap. That's why I never use moris unless I have someone in my lobby I recognice from previous matches where they acted especially rude (not talking the occasional tbagging after a nice move, a bit of cockiness is mostly fun so that's ok imo). You seem like the person people love to play with and against, more power to you and your positive attitude ;-)

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

Kills (at the moment) are not really saying much. Gens are being done too fast and if you play fair and are trying to go for the 12 hooks, your matches will probably look like mine: 1-2 kills on average. Barely a 4k but I also have the feeling the devs activated the MMR System again. At least the survivors I am getting since the last two weeks now are insane. Barely any potatoes anymore.

What says more about the actual game are the amount of hooks you got. If I had many good chases, many hooks and all survivors still escaped, I don't really have the feeling that I have lost that game. I only lose a game if my overall performance was bad and I made bad decisions.

The point is: you can do amazing and "lose". But you can also do extremely poorly and "win".

I judge the game as a whole and not the end result.

Sure, it is frustrating if you did your best and it wasn't enough but then it has more to do with the unbalance of the game and not with your skill.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited October 2020

if the RNG on the map is horrid, then I'm pretty pissed that I played a pallet kicking simulator and the game was outside of my control (which shouldn't even a be thing but you know it is)

If I get a team full of gen bots then it's just "well what am i supposed to do"

if they escape from BT/DS whoring.. it's pretty ######### irritating

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I don't like when I get zero kills. It's frustrating but sometimes it happens. today I accidentally handed a team an AFK game because I didn't realize I hit the ready button went to do something. it took a while and I came back to an end screen and was like well I just gave them an AFK game.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I think of the mistakes I made, if survivors are toxic in the endgame chat and I see them again, insta ebony mori

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I've only had it happen a few times: Twice on Huntress due to bugs, and once on Nurse where I had no perks and hit a 4 man SWF grief squad way back in pre-nerf flashlight and BNP era.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

When it happens once in a while? Not bad. When you encounter 2-3 man red-rank SWF groups a couple of games in a row and they repair gens in your face? Not good. You see how busted this POS game can be and how the devs balance the game around the bronze league players.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

If it happens on maps like Ormond, Rotten Fields, Cowshed etc then I don't feel too bad about it.

• Creepa99
    Creepa99 Member Posts: 80

I get pissed that survivors are favored over killer and how survivors will still complain about how op killers are. I play both and I can definitely say that survivor is far easier. I play solo queue as well.

• Killbutton
    Killbutton Member Posts: 87

I'll be honest, I usually get pretty pissy about 4E games, unless it's a quick in-and-out without toxic behaviors, or if they just really, really earned it. I'll admit, for the moment as I'm leveling the deathslinger and don't have a lot of perks to choose from, it's usually just bad match-ups.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Same rules apply to when I have fun with a game in general: If they were meta slaves that used/abused their perks to their fullest extent, then I am going to be upset because I would have had an awful time the entire match. If they didn't and beat me because, you know, they're just better at the game, then I'll probably come out of the game feeling a little down, but not frustrated and awful.

If the former happens and I've been playing a killer I'm still learning (like the game I had today as Wraith with an ormond offering, hatch placement offering, and key ), I'm either going to stop playing for the day or swap to one of my comfort killers (Bubba and Hag)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited October 2020

Not to put too fine a point on it, but how does it feel to get no escapes?

Not so easy to sum up, is it? There's so much that goes into the whole thing , there's so much variance in the already varied variables, that it's more about how well you played than how well you "did." And that's without going into the whole playstyle thing - I can easily get many teams into losing situations, I just often chosoe not to out of (extremely misguided) sense of fair play (aka, I usually don't camp 2 close hooks, etc.) And yes, that is an extremely misguided sense of fairness and I honestly shouldn't play that way, but on the other hand I get extremely bored and I do know what it's like to go against a merciless killer as a survivor, so...

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103

Lol. Does this even happen? Up to 2 kills are practically handed to you. Put in a little effort, you get 3K. Sweat a little, you get 4. This game is too easy for killers tbh. If you can’t get a kill it’s “what should you have done differently”

moris shouldn’t even be in the game. It rewards bad behavior or play styles

• csebal
    csebal Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2020
    • Depends on the match.. if the chases were fun and the survivors not jerks, I feel good.
    • I never rage, though I can get riled up enough to start forum posts and I definitely go to great lengths to try and expel those I think are hurting the game. Then again, that has nothing to do with me getting or not getting kills.
    • What does that even mean: too good? You can't be too good or bad. You are either better or worse than your opponent, that's it.
    • I use my ebony moris (and all other addons) because I have them unlocked. People think they are evil, I think they are part of the game and hate them to just sit there collecting dust.
    • :) Playing a stronger killer is mostly a placebo.. unless you played a weaker killer before (not your main), any other killer you might switch to, you would do worse in due to lack of practice. That particular thing has happened though in the past, that after playing a few rounds with a killer I was new to and getting stomped, I switched back to my main to balance out the scales a bit. Then again, that was more about me not liking the character's overall performance (or my performance with it), than about the actual match outcome :) Just as an example: Bubba is far from being my best killer, but I like him still for how he plays and feels, so I do not mind it when people escape as I was having fun in the process.

Learning from your past mistakes is great.

I think the biggest learning in this game for both sides however is this:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIN. THIS IS A GAME. As long as you are having fun, the game was fine. In every game played by two ore more people there will be a winner. Expecting you to be that winner every time is not only unreasonable, but also highly selfish :)

• csebal
    csebal Member Posts: 31

Maybe it is just me, but I actually love those "around the generator" chases, where 4 survivors are trying to repair the same thing I am trying to protect :) It has a weirdly comical effect to it. Then again, it usually is spoiled by the usual attitude of those people who are actually capable of playing like that, but I had a good few games where the players were just as cool as the game itself :)

Balanced? Well :) I couldn't tell as the skill disparity between me and them made any sort of result analysis for balance perspective pointless.

• dbd_noob
    dbd_noob Member Posts: 225

I actually blame it on me and try to improve for the next trial.

also i dont force one kill. like this situation: endgame, the survs are better than me, i slug one and he crawls to the game but it probably takes nearly 2 minutes, the nea with bt is obvservating this. I just hooked him, hit his bt and the nea and both escaped. I didnt wanna wait that long for the endgame to end actually...

• Outlaw64
    Outlaw64 Member Posts: 17

I just blame it on the fact I play on Nintendo Switch with crossplay enabled. Before the match starts, I try to go in with an attitude of I'm just going to try my best.

It takes so long for me to catch up to survivors as killer, and killers catch up to me and hit back to back like nothing sometimes.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195

I've never made it a goal to get 4K's but instead at least get all 4 tokens for my BBQ & Chili. Bloodpoints are life lol

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

feel like crap I think it the best way to put it.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

It feels like I've wasted 10+ minutes.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

I dc on midwich offerings lol seriously that map is such a bad design choice on bhvr. They really do take 1 step forward 3 steps back lol after 4 years rip their reputation!

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

If I get literally zero kills I assume it's because I played badly.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

depends on how it happens. If it's just the survivors playing well and it felt like it was close and there were no feelsbadman mechanics abused, then I feel fine about it. If the survivors act cocky because faulty game mechanics or lag always seem to work in their favor and still escape, then that often feels not that great. However, if the survivors are incredibly cocky and aren't that way because of mechanics that are wonky/unbalanced at times, then there's no frustration apparent.

Really, its the underserved escaping that bugs me. Same for killers getting kills.

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134

Blame Myself.