The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How does it feel getting no kills?

2»

Comments

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I usually 3-4k, 2k in a bad match. The one time i can recall getting no kills I expected to feel mad but I laughed when I saw they were all red ranks. I was a yellow at the time, I knew it wasn’t my fault.

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156

Irritating, but it's w.e. DBD is one of the only games I know of where you can play flawlessly or near flawlessly and still lose.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

It sucks, but I just move on pretty quickly. I get more salty if I go 1-2 in Magic Arena draft with what I perceive to be a good deck.

• Bigboi
    Bigboi Member Posts: 12

Really depends on my hooks and my overall performance. If the rng is brutal but I still get 7 or 8 hooks and ran the loops well, I'm totally fine.

It's the ones where I get like 2 hooks that sting cause where do you even begin when trying to analyse it.

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254

The same as dying before any gens pop...

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,922

Kills does not matter, it only matter if you had fun.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Here’s a thought OP: actually play killer and see for yourself.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

Not great. Some SWF groups will do everything in their power to make sure all 4 get away. When I get 0-4, the next few games any form of mercy is gone from me. These bully squads will often be as toxic as they can and taunt any means they can.

The exception is, when I log into a game to do some lame Daily quest with a killer I don't care about, I just focus on that daily, and don't give any cares how the game goes.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

I'm only mad if I could of had a kill and get robed by ds just to have post chat

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
    edited October 2020

What makes you think I don’t? Did you not read the post, I explained how I deal with it when it happens to me. Here’s a thought OBX: read again closely before you comment some bs.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Kind of sucks, but losing more than one survivor is not what upsets me, what upsets me is how I can sometimes play almost perfectly and still end up with nothing. The SWF squads or sometimes just regular good solo survivors use the perks UNB, DS, BT, DH, etc and just let those perks carry them. Also, horrible map design.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Depends, if it was a fun game and the survivors were good sports then I don’t mind TOO much. A loss always stings of course but I only get genuinely angry if I feel like I was robbed of a win i.e. being DS’d when not even tunnelling, people abusing bt to bodyblock when I’m actively trying NOT to tunnel, object of obsession :’(.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

It's sucks but I blame matchmaking because that's usually the case.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I usually switch to trapper and giggle as the sounds of traps go off. I don’t know why it makes me laugh so much.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

I mean it varies on the team I am up against and the build I am using and if I have had a few warm up games to start. Usually I just pick stuff I am better with. I try to avoid the ebony unless they seem like a well coordinated SWF in the lobby because I know how unfun mori's can be. I only bring them if they level the playing field and even then I usually don't mori if they turn out to be not as good as I expected.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

I simply equip an ebony mori and proceed with a punitive expedition against the next best survivor group.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited October 2020

I'm ok with 4 escape if its 4 solos who played well without BM.

If its a SWF its a bit annoying but the expected out come.

It really gets to me when SWF try to talk down to me about how i should be playing a killer when they have a full squad of DS/Unbreakable 2 near instant heal medkits and 2 BNP green commodious toolboxes.

Seriously though you have no right to talk down to others when your going full "Wannabe Comp-Squad" and that goes for the 3 mans who I play with when I solo who do the same thing to the killer.

Post edited by Warcrafter4 on
  • itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236

Honestly? I used to rage hard and complain to my friends, now that I've started filming games for my YouTube, I can laugh at how bad I can be at this game. When I'm not filming games I laugh now because it's a game and I could win next one.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

depends on context: am i playing a killer i consider myself bad at? were they teabagging at every chance? did i do something that in hindsight was incredibly stupid? was i just memeing?

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

I don't really care about kills. I just play normally without sweating. If I notice that I'd most likely will not get a kill without tunnel/camp/slug, I just kinda throw the game myself, because I don't want to play like that. I love going for fun shots as Huntress for example, just trying things out. Most survivors notice that and standing as target for fun shots. If I down them, I just let them go. So if I have no chance against a survivor team, I just accept it and have fun in another way during the game, most survivors will go along with that.

• shiffpup2
    shiffpup2 Member Posts: 131

I blame matchmaking. I'm still rank 19 and I can't get any better because I'm being matched with rank 10 or lower survivors. It's *******

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

If the survivors play well which for me is most of them then I look at how I can play better. However when I go against a swf looping every loop effectively and doing gens at good rate then i don't because i don't really think there's much a killer can do against a good team that plays off each other. But I can't ask the devs to change it up a bit because it would hurt solo que which is what I play. It's a pain really. But what can you do? If I play well but four other survivors play well to there's not much I can do. So I'll usually change up my perks or even killer if i see something in my build underperforming.

• WantToKnow
    WantToKnow Member Posts: 51

Most of my 0k games are just frustrating. As rank 9 Myers It depends so hard on the map rng, if its swf, which perks etc. When I thought I played good and give everything, playing fair, the entity is displeased anyway... If I would not depip for sweating my ass off all the time It would be funnier. As a survivour I only have to do 2 gens for no depip... and for killer? U DIDNT SEE THAT THEY HEAL UP 20 TIMES, DEPIP!

Horrible.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

If I get a 4E, Im pretty chill about it. Although there are just too many variables: RNG, Map, Killer Selected, loadouts, etc., Ive been playing long enough to work around all of it successfully.

While perks can help carry them, it would never result in a 4E against me (I mean from perks specifically).

If I get a 4E, either I faced good team that made few mistakes, or I had to take a dump and go AFK. Either way, I feel they deserved it.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

personally I feel nothing when I get no kills

with the exception of t-bagging pallet looping flashlight clicking ormand offering swf groups who say gg ez when they all escape

in that case I put a :( in the chat and bring a mori the next time I see a key to make myself feel better

• Slunkster
    Slunkster Member Posts: 83

I feel frustrated and gloomy for a few minutes.

If I messed up terribly and gave away that win, at myself for not reading the game better or doing dumb mistakes. If playing against a depip squad that simply left me no chance because of the vast gap in skill between them and I, at the game for trying to force me to play something like nurse or spirit with meta perk to be "competitive", which I don't since I like to play ghostface / legion / plague / Pyramid head the most and at the imbalance between killer strength.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If I had a bad match it only irritates me if the survivors rub it in by saying "GG EZ". To me, saying EZ is the same as saying "You suck"

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90

Almost every inside map, I get 1 or 0 kills. More 0s. I hate inside maps as both killer and survivor.

I see the map, groan and just try and get as many points as possible. Sometimes I luck out and find a friendly group that gets that the map isn't great and I can farm for some points.

I had 1 player throw insults at me because I couldn't hunt anyone. And I'm like hey, I didn't quit, so go choke on a bag of d*.

When the maps are outside, if i don't get anyone it's because they're red ranked, or are hiding the entire match and I got sick of looking for them. That's when I dust off Doctor and get 3 or 4 for the next few games.

It's frustrating but eh, it's a game. If they aren't tea bagging or messaging me toxic stuff, I could care less. I had one tell me I was a good baby killer, I sacrificed them, and they were red rank,but making so many mistakes. Either drinking or it's a Monday.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

Me : it's hot here let turn on the fan

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

I just kinda sit there like

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

I never get 0 kills if I play none M1 killers bc in that case my personal skill matters more than random generation or survivors don't making fatal mistakes.

If I get 0 kills as m1 killer all I feel is boredom "wow, did you really did 5 gens and used all your 16 second chance perks, countless pallets and windows that inevitably waste too much time for nothing". No fun, nothing, it's just boring. You either sweat or don't play at all and even sweating doesn't guarantee a victory, because if survivors don't make mistakes - it doesn't matter whether you are good or not, you lose.

• Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330

It's frustrating for me, but if they played well and deserved it, I'll tell ggwp. If they are toxic I try to ignore them and immediately leave the post game lobby.