Huntress

Options
Komodo16
Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

So I made a thread about huntress before and received tips to derank and practice more at my pace. So I put in good time with her and deranked and used perks that helped me not end the game fast. But I find myself getting absolutely demolished by people who know how to abuse her. I don't m1 so im easily abusable and some people know when im gonna go through pallets or not. And I cant learn. But my cousin has some disdain for me "smurfing" because im over at his house spending time with family, therefore my xbox is at home and there is 2 here that is usually used so I use a PlayStation with a rank 17 killer.

Is it really that bad that I play on these accounts to practice huntress? I dont even level her up so im not using perks or add ons and I dont m1 and I practice all my shots. Am I bad for doing so? I mean I was told that I should just not even play dbd unless its on my account and when I am on my account my huntress is prestiged so its like when im perkless I cant even learn what to do because I just get bullied and I don't drank because I usually so good enough to black pip or I end up playing a different killer and ranking up.

What should I do? Do I just not even take the opportunity to learn because im just trash and need to git gud or should I just not care and take all my opportunities. It feels bad whenever I play with low ranks and I try and be fair, but it seems that I just get insulted no matter what. Hell it's not even my fault that I can't use my account there isn't cross progression

Comments

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    Options

Smurfing is intentional deranking to bully babies, so you aren't smurfing.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,074
    Options

smurfing is using a new/different account to go against new players/less skilled players. The intention is usually to well wreck them.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

I personally think smurfing is kind of a despicable action, whether it's for practice or not. I'm with your cousin on that one.

On the more supportive side though, check out online guides for tips and tricks. Former Huntress Main (and current Blight Main) Scott "spun" Jund has an "Ultimate Huntress Guide" on YouTube that helped me out a ton when I decided I wanted to get better at playing her.

Otherwise, just practice practice practice at whatever rank you're at. Playing her against inexperienced gray-rank players is probably going to slow your growth at playing her (besides maybe improving on basic aim), plus there's plenty of incompetent survivors at the higher ranks too (I'm probably one of them more often than not). I used Rift 4 as an opportunity to play her exclusively for a while and got way better at landing long range shots and making good hatchet predictions (still terrible at snap-shots, but I'm on console and don't expect to ever nail those down).

If you'd like to make life a little easier off the bat, use some of her add-ons to make her power a little more wieldy and convenient. Try things that give her more hatchets (both belts), increase wind-up speed (Babuska or Manna Braid), increase reload speed (Deerskin Gloves), or even decrease cooldown between throws (hafts). Once you feel more confident in using her with some of these benefits, you can gradually challenge yourself more and more by not relying on these add-ons as often.

Oh also, Whispers, BBQ, and/or Nurse's Calling are all some of Huntresses best friends. I'd always bring at least one of those perks in any loadout (Whispers is especially great while learning her). They're another thing you could wean yourself of later if you so choose.

• Komodo16
    Options

I know those parts its just on console its so hard to play her they can 360 and I cant flick to hit them. If they change their movement I cant keep my aim centered and wait and also I only played huntress for the most part when I played because it was giving me my own pace to learn. Also I wasnt choosing to not play on an xbox I didn't have the choice to play one

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

Understandable.

Just a bunch of advice - the guide APoipleTurtle suggested is a must-watch imo, it's by far the best huntress guide out there (I've watched most of them i think). I don't like Scott, but this thing is good.

As for hatchet practice, give Umbra a shot as a source of inspiration. I can't say she's a god tier killer player overall since she only plays like two characters, but the way she uses hatchets is spectacular up to a point that I'd call perfect.

• Komodo16
    Options

I seen the video I know HOW to play her but its harder than the videos if you get me

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

Yeah, but that's only getting better with tons of practice; no forum advice can help with it.

• spiritnurse
    spiritnurse Member Posts: 8
    Options

Can't master hatchet without using some perks to help. Play on whichever account you like, and focus on being patient and PREDICTING the survivor, not moving your screen.

I highly suggest just play on your original account without perks to level it up and get them. Huntress ain't that reliant on perks.

If you're wondering what perks are good for her, I recommend Umbra's classic perk loadout or you can go for CoconutRTS' loadout. They're both really nutty with their hatchets.

Personally for a start I recommend Discordance/Corrupt to find survivors quicker,

I'm All Ears/BBQ/Bitter Murmur as one (or more) of your Aura Perks,

And the other slots are up to your preference

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited October 2020
    Options

For playing Huntress in 2020, as long as the survivor is one your screen you should hit them with no problems.

Serious answer, mainly down to you practicing shots and that's really the only advice you can be given. The rest is up to you to practice and keep at it.

Crosshairs help if you wanna go down that route. Every single good Huntress I've seen uses one and you can't get banned for it. There's literally no downside to using one ("Custom desktop logo" is a good app to use if you don't have one built in to your monitor). You might have to lower the crosshair a tiny bit because Huntress' hatchets don't travel directly from the centre of the screen. Oh and if you're wondering what colour to use, I usually use a purple one, it seems to show up the best in almost every area in the game.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Survivors will play different when they know you arent going to m1. At least from what i experienced when trying to learn her.

Im still not good with her despite thinking Shes the best character/killer in the game.

She really is much more than just learning to aim. Also dont use any addons that affect windup time or cool down. Learning timing is super important.

• Komodo16
    Options

Hmm I guess you're right. But it's weird that no one is talking about Ralph

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475
    Options

As a Huntresses main im slowly forgetting her.

New maps are being introduced and reworked ones are another nerf to her besides recently nerfs. Just keep in mind that majority of maps are bad for her either.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

The new collisions on most maps now are not that forgiving to Huntress players who work off of visuals and don't memorize the wonky nature of DbD hitboxes. Additionally, with things like Autohaven, the walls have just gotten significantly higher so that while survivors can still see the killer's head and general position, Huntress now has no way (compared to live) of threatening survivors on the other side of the loops.

It makes me sad to see this.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422
    Options

The issue with deranking to play huntress is that people play differently against her and it becomes very difficult very quickly. I deranked to practice huntress and I was getting easy 4K games because survivors would throw down pallets and vault windows which gave me free hatchet hits, and the majority of them ran in a straight line or moved side to side. Then when I ranked up, my games immediately changed because people actually looped around pallets and didn't throw them down to give me free hits. They also tend to bait windows and bait moving side to side.

And I'd say intentional deranking is ok just as long as you're not extremely cruel to the survivors.

• Komodo16
    Options

Never. I feel bad for killers who get bad games and vice versa. If I dont have an item I want I will let myself die. Today I got wrecked as huntress on rotten fields and the last person left the gate and I caught her but they left her to die, so I gave her hatch

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

step 1: get crosshair

step 2: done

• Komodo16
    Options

I've tried that to see if it works and frankly a crosshair is kinda pointless. It helps you find the center of your screen but doesnt help you find angles or master huntress. You'll just know whether you're gonna hit that effing truck or hit the survivor but learning the middle of the screen isnt too hard.