Couldn't have said it better myself.

GoodLookinCookin
GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Just wanted to share this video.

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

Watched the video and it made me think a bit about it but i mean i've never spent money on skins and such in dbd. I do buy the new dlcs when they come out because i enjoy playing them and it's only a few dollars every 3 months. The thing is it's been like this since the in-game store launched.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Oh god, I love comparing billion dollar companies with 10s of millions of players to dbd.

• Seanzu

That's not the point I'm making, these are billion dollar companies, with hundreds of millions of players, they can charge what they want and still make their money back because there are so so so many more people playing their games than what BHVR has playing their game.

• Seanzu
    edited October 2020

It's almost like you don't understand how a business works.

they're chasing licenses, they either have to make the money back or die as a company.

If you have millions and millions of players vs 50 - 100 thousand players you either need to guarantee all of the people who play buy the dlc or charge a little more.

Look at it like this, i'll make it really easy for you.

Say you have 10 people playing your game (BHVR), you put out a DLC that cost you £100 to make, you can sell the DLC at £5 each, which means you'll never make your money back, or you sell it at £10 and break even.

Now look at it the other way, you have 100 people playing your game, and you put out a DLC that costs you £100 to make, you can charge £1 each and still break even, you can even charge less than other companies using the same model for a fraction of the price the smaller playerbase is paying.

Just because you're a smaller game doesn't make things cheaper to make, but it certainly impacts how many people might buy a DLC and how much needs to be charged to at least break even.

• Seanzu

Thankfully I know I don't have to buy any clothing to keep playing the game, incredible realisation.

• GoodLookinCookin

Then by your logic dbd is bound to die, they are not producing quality content for their game and continuing to make you pay for it.

• Seanzu

Seems like a lot of people are buying it to me.

The vocal minority often are louder than the people who just buy the dlc and play it and don't come onto the forums to have discussions about it.

• GoodLookinCookin

I have a feeling you didn't watch the full video or just didn't listen to what he had to say, they game isn't dying but the patterns they are displaying shows that they will if they continue what they are doing.

• Seanzu

Lmao what?

I'm having a discussion with you, completely separate from the video, yes the conversation started because of the video but has continued on it's own without it, the video is irrelevant at this point.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

But I like the skins doe

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

One word, licenses

This monititation "problem" isn't a choice of BHVR it's a necesity. These things aren't cheap

Tbh for all the purchases to be purrely cosmetics is actually really commendable. You can perfectly play the game without ever buying anything from the store. And never feel less then someone who has.

That DbD can be buggy is a complaint i can get behind even if i personally don't experience it myself. The atrosios frame rate on ps4 and console in general is a reason to complain. No colorblind features are a reason to complain.

Complaining about the monitisation? I'm sorry but imo that's the community that got greedy, not BHVR

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

I really think the perks that come out with each dlc should be free or make the original characters free and still make use pay for the licensed characters but just getting away from the pay to win aspect is all i want and also not having game breaking bugs not being in the game would be great, i'd be willing to pay for a skin or 3 if that were the case cause i like rewarding pro consumer products but right now they are asking too much for a subpar live service imo.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Video is on point for reasons why I'm worried for DBD's future. A lot of these are long standing issues that just seem to get worse. Hopefully it gets saved before it starts to get too ugly, but with the current atmosphere and attitudes it really does not feel like it will.

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77

Look at Blight, they still haven't fixed his height, or his collisions.

I guarantee a new killer will be released before they touch him again (if ever).

Also - who buys killer skins for cash? - you can't even see them in the main game, only on the waiting screen. It's ridiculous.

• Jollykins
    Jollykins Member Posts: 43

Well, valid points. I do understand that BHVR is a smaller company and needs to break even with their license content. I'm proud of the devs for making it that far and I appreciate them making an effort to go back and revamp old maps and killers and perks.

I like some of the bugs, I gotta admit. Theyre pretty funny, like when there was a hole in the killer shack and Id run through, and the killer and I would just stare at it for a moment.

But I do agree, even the funny bugs are still embarrassing to have in a game meant to submerge you in fear and immersion. I also find myself really frustrated when I get caught on odd large edges, hit by whales thrown by Huntress, or Dead Hard only to still be hit mid-dash yet I have the exhaustion.

I would be totally forgiving and understanding and supportive if they took a few months to just take a step back and work on the game's health. I would be okay with going without a new chapter or a new map, or a new rift. I just wanna see the game's health go up because its extremely important.

I guess I've just grown indifferent. I dont complain much, I just play less and go about my business. If I get frustrated, I just go elsewhere because I sometimes feel like my voice would be too small to be noticed.