Jumping off the hook

Remove the feature. At least the base feature. If you wanna add it in a perk on a character that isn't out yet, that could maybe work. But as it is right now, it does more harm than good and honestly kinda sucks.

Comments

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited October 2020

Edit: see (my) next comment for a refined reply

Post edited by Kind_Lemon on
  • dmhughes86
    dmhughes86 Member Posts: 34

I couldn't agree more that the unhooking mechanic feels really bad for both the survivor and usually the killer. I usually don't mind because it means more bloodpoints for me but if I was solely focusing on winning I would be more upset. What I find really dissatisfying is that after being downed quickly or having even slightly dysfunctional teammates that people just opt out by dying on hook. I find it funny how much I see people complain about camping and tunneling but not as many people complain about the quitters. I wonder if this is just because quitters cause you to "win" the round.

• BubbaisDumb
    BubbaisDumb Member Posts: 18

I didn't say it was a good idea. I think it should be gone completely however I figured some would be too fond of it to see it go, thus having it as a perk be a sort of "middle ground".

No I don't because I have been playing for less than 3 weeks. New players exist, shouldn't assume everyone knows everything about the game since it's inception.

No, actually all the Kobe's I have experienced were actually pretty great if I'm being honest. The reason I think the feature should be removed is because people are using it as a penalty free DC and very little else. I want it gone to try and reduce the selfish behaviors of my fellow survivors.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

lol I'm so sorry; I have this knee jerk reaction to balance decisions like that just because of the figurative mild-trauma the devs have brought about with certain changes (and lack thereof). I meant it as nothing personal, and I hope you're enjoying the game so far! I should really have not be browsing the forums when I'm tired, haha.

Having perks serve as a middle ground for balance issues often ends up with the balance issue not actually being addressed properly (i.e. "genrush" and slowdown perks) and makes players either feel dependent on perks or not even see the mechanic because it isn't worth changing the meta (which is that way because of core game issues). I hope that explains a little bit of my posiition.

And ah; I see your issue is not the Kobe but the penalty. Again, I'm a proponent for changes that change the underlying issues than changes that constantly have to battle against the expression of those issues, so I still don't support your suggestion even though I'm pretty sure I understand why you make it.

• BubbaisDumb
    BubbaisDumb Member Posts: 18

It's all good, balance is what we all want in our gaming experiences I think. I am enjoying the game, it's basically all I play now and I can't get enough.

Yeah I feel that, it was more just my initial reaction to eliminate the mechanic causing the grief I was experiencing as it was an "easy" option. I really don't have any kind of "solution" sadly, I just know seeing teammates actively killing themselves and then losing that game when you could've won if your mate was still there just hurts the soul. Might just need to be something I personally get over. /shrug