Very Simple Question To You, But It Must Be Asked Every Now And Then...

Options
Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Your favorite Perk?

The only rule is: It can't be an older version, for example Save The Best For Last's simple reductions to both attack animations is a no no.

Reason why it is your favorite doesn't matter at all, but it'd be great if you said why it is.

Can be from either role, can be any Perk level.

Heck, you don't even have to be the one using your favorite to make it your favorite: For example, if you really like Kindred because of others using it so much (in your trials), then it can be your favorite.

Β«1

Comments

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

For survivor probably Iron Will at this point, it lets you get away with some truly wacky plays.

For killer it's actually Save The Best For Last. Has nothing to do with its strength, it just feels so good to use as your recovery gets faster and faster. Bonus points if the animation it speeds up is just oddly satisfying or cool, like Clown for obvious reasons or something as simple as Trapper that just gets the job done smoothly.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

Tough one. Maybe Corrupt Intervention. My main Killers have a rough start in matches, it really helps alleviate the pressure a little bit. Can backfire though depending on map & spawn location.

ItΒ΄s really hard to pick one though....at least for Killer.

For Survivor Kindred 100% since I always play solo. The info it provides gives a glimpse of what SWF can do with their free info.

• DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156
    Options

Make your choice. It let's me play fair without overly punishing me for doing so.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Blood warden, its the only thing in the game that feels like a proper twist. Like you have one last ace in the hole to crush your opponents.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Survivor: Kindred. It's a relief and makes solo Survivor much more bareable.

Killer: BBQ. Give me my points now. But other than the pretty predictable BBQ, I'd say Shadowborn. Even though I don't use it because it is a wasted Perk slot but it makes everything much smoother and everything. But with the current state of dbd, you can't really use it and it should be an option anyways.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Survivor: We’ll Make it for snappy-quick efficient heals so we all can get back to business!

Killer: Object of Obsession for the creepiness factor combo’d with it’s adrenaline rush when I first notice they’re watching me and the thrill of finding them and letting them know I’ve been watching them too!

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Inner Strength.

Or Calm Spirit but only when I'm against Doctor, which happens a lot for some reason when I play nancy.

• Uncharted
    Uncharted Member Posts: 136
    Options

Very unpopular opinion here. My favorite survivor perk will forever be Wake Up. It just came in clutch for me so many times.

For killer it's Nurse's Calling.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,532
    Options

For Killer it has to be Enduring for me, I cannot play without it (I'm weaning myself off Brutal Strength, I got terribly addicted!)

For Survivor, that one is harder for me but I think Quick & Quiet, I use it in all my builds it's pretty much the only constant perk I run.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Survivor: Head On. I haven't used it in a hot moment but it still makes me happy, and it's closely followed by Soul Guard.

Killer: Honestly, it'd have to be I'm All Ears. It's one I don't use on a lot of killers (rn I think only one, being Pyramid Head, and I used to use it on Nurse but then I got Shadowborn and never looked back) but the information you get from it is insane and I ######### love the perk.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

borrowed time

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

Premonition. Guys, its so sad I absolutly cant play without it. I suck at chased so I need to know sooner rather than later that the creature is coming.

I still get caught alot though cause when it goes off I run off and I guess they see my scratchmarks.

I used to use Urban Evasion with it and not get caught as much but had to replace that with Calm Spirit cause all the forced screaming is annoying to me.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Spine Chill for life.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Probably Dark Devotion.

Giving the survivor a terror radius is such a fun concept

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

At the moment? Desperate Measures. It's good by itself, but it also has a lot of synergy.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

Killer: mad grit, it's just satisfying when a swf bully squad turns 1 down into 3 trying to body block.

Survivor: spine chill, gives you the extra early warning and the vault boost speed causes killers to miss quite a bit at windows

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Survivor: Sprint Burst. Dead Hard is nice, but watching a killer stop in their tracks as they watch you burn rubber can be rather entertaining.πŸ˜„

Killer: Surveillance for info and Enduring for safety. Knowing that I don't have to be afraid of pallets is really nice.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Right now it's been Blood Pact and Mindbreaker. Mindbreaker is so much more consistent with its recent change, and Blood Pact is nice for its easy aura reading. Never thought I'd ever say that I actually like Mindbreaker, though

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

STBFL is my favorite. Goes great on a lot of killers and nothing more satisfying than having 8 stacks, gas someone then hit then hit them 3 seconds later XD

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Deathbound. Its simply exquisite, the tracking this perk gives has been game changing for me on so many occasions.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188
    Options

Survivor- Mettle of Man and Sabotuer because they're fun and give you more plays to work with

Killer- Blood Warden because its funny to 4k with it which actually happens quite a lot because the survivors don't expect it

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

For survivor I love Built to Last and for killer I love Dragon's Grip. It's just because I find them fun.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

Barbecue and Chili. Its the perfect example of a healthy perk.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

For survivor i gotta say resilience. Idk something just feels good about running that perk and having faster action speeds. Also encourages me to stay injured and play better in chases.

For killer definitely brutal strenght. I use that perk on 70% of killers cause it just feels so good. I even use it on huntress and blight.

• Boxworth
    Boxworth Member Posts: 3
    Options

Tenacity. I just love what can happen with this perk. Especially when killers don't expect it. Down me as I drop a pallet. I zoom on the ground as they break it. If I'm lucky they get confused and lose the track of me. Of course it's situational perk but I like to try to make a fun build.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

Spine Chill for survivor. Because I never will have to be too paranoic against stealth killers or builds and thus better prepare for a reaction. I rarely let go of it.

As for killer, I think Whispers. Don't use it all the time, but it does help me not waste time looking for people.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Spine chill, has saved me a lot

• sensovsky
    sensovsky Member Posts: 102
    Options

We'll Make It. Such a sweet and comfy perk to run, you also like when someone unhooks you with it. Overall my favourite perk.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited October 2020
    Options

It used to be old Hangman's Trick because it made sure you always had a hook available. That perk was garbage but I loved it; I'm still upset they nerfed it into a weak tracking perk for apparently no reason.

-

Currently, it's probably Whispers. It's helped me basically since I started playing the game; it was my first perk on Huntress (back then you had to level up a character for their teachables: Whispers was literally the first and only perk I could use) and I've used it off and on ever since.

I love both the simple strength of it's design and the experience that using it to it's utmost requires. You can't just throw Whispers on and benefit; you need experience with the perk, the map, and the way Survivors operate.

There should be more strong perks like that.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

Kindred for survivor- Aura reading on killers who can't get away form the hook and teammates (but I've been running Bond)

Whispers for killer- Helps me figure out what side of the map I should be at the start of the match (my only issue is it remains on after a survivor is hooked... but I understand why)

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

bbq, because bloodpoints 😭😭😭

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

Windows of Opportunity. Best perk in the game. Three years in and I still don't know vault locations.

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316
    edited October 2020
    Options

Head On!

I like the perk because I can

1. Fight back

2. Get the aggro on me when a teammate gets chased

3 Potentially save a teammate from being carried

4. Sometimes scare the killer :p

5. It looks hilarious

6. Sometimes the killer acts as if he didn't see me enter the locker. Then turns around very slowly and walks into a head on. πŸ˜‰

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
    Options

Breakout for survivor because nothing is more satisfying than saving a team mate with break out.

BBQ for killer because its just so useful every game. You get tons of value all game as well as double blood points.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

Survivor: Kindred, as it provides the information one needs to know whether to stick around and do gens or start moving for the save.

Killer: PGTW simply due to it being a good single perk gen defense and it feels like gen defense perks are the name of the game if you want to play in any way 'nice'

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

For survivor it's always been Leader for me. I cannot tell you how handy it's come in some of the matches I've played. That 25% boost is so useful to the team and to myself for those heals.

Right now though desperate measures is slowly creeping up for me. It combos so well with other perks and I absolutely love pairing it up with we'll make it.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

Enduring is great when survivor stun you from wrong side of pallet and vault in panic, it's an easy grab. Also it makes you not respect a pallet even if you should. It helps so much against greedy survivors. Very easy to addict.

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77
    Options

So many more useful survivor perks compared to killer ones.

Also the best killer perks can be negated simply by finding the totem. Can you imagine if that was the case for survivors too?

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,436
    Options

Enduring for killer and for survivor I'd say Desperate Measures, I'm really enjoying running it lately.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

This is pretty tough.

As killer it's probably BBQ (because I'm a point #########). Though I'd say STBFL is a very very close second.

Survivor it's WGLF (point #########). Close second is Inner Strength.

• Azeroth
    Azeroth Member Posts: 66
    Options

DS because killer is punished if he tunneling :))

• Boss
    Options

Oh right, guess i should join.

Hex: Devour Hope, for its potential to be the most dangerous Perk.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

BBQ for the bloodpoints to lessen the grind.

Spinechill or kindred for solo survivor play.

• Boss
    Options

We think alike.

I know i said Devour Hope, but B&C is definitely high up.

And the other 2 are also some of my faves.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

Desperate Measures is a lot of fun to play with.