I changed my mind completely on The Blight.

Options

When the killer was first anounced, I had been waiting for the misterious alchemist to be released since the Hallowed Blight on 2018, but was disapointed his power was just about "running faster and slamming into walls". It seemed uncreative to me. But I've been playing him a lot and he is really fun to play! And also good! His power is efficient for both map mobility and chases, and he also has some pretty good add-ons!

And even though I loved his visual (and the Mr Hyde refferences, as I pointed out on a thread I wrote at the time), I tought it could use more monstrous and horrifying elements, like more blisters, more serum dripping from him and maybe some weird appendages coming out of his body, instead of just having nearly everything covered up. But OH MY ENTITY the True Blight Outfit has exactly that! And it's available for IRIDESCENT SHARDS with a temporary discount, AAAAAAAAHHH!

Anyway, I just made this thread to say how I changed my mind and how much I freaking love the Blight now. Pretty good job on him so far... except for that "sliding off objects" problem that I hope to be fixed at some point.

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Blight go brrr

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

I also disliked him in the beginning and thought he was uncreative. After playing him when he was first released though, he became one of the most fun killers to play. Such a joy!

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

And playing him on Ormond can also be pretty annoying, considering you slide in all the snow piles, hills, and even a whole building, and you just can't know which rocks will you slide on and wich you won't. But besides these frustrating moments where you expect to bounce off an obstacle and suddenly slides way past it, he is one of the most fun killers to play.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options
  • MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

The “Oh I’m jumping the gun and joining the hate banwagon but then tried it out and it’s pretty good” club? A lot of Killers are in there

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

To be fair, he got a bunch of changes post-PTB. I think PTB Blight was actually kinda trash, but they gave him an add-on pass and increased his dash speed. So yeah, he's much better than he was initially.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I'm the opposite I'm afraid.

I love the theme, the idea is great. I find the execution rediculous. Yeah it has some functionality with traversing the map but I find its better to just chase and m1 normally in most cases. I really find the whole "ping pong/pinball" element just ludicrous and cartoony, it really kills what could have been a dark gothic horror killer.

I got him to 40 and have called it, his perks are pretty good and now they are unlocked I'll park him for a bit.

Maybe if the dash applied deep wounds or was insta down I might feel more inclined but its kinda annoying, unimmersive and I really don't like it.

I tried to like it I really did try too.

• Boaris030
    Boaris030 Member Posts: 145
    Options

what I always thought they were trying to do with the pinball mechanics was something like the monster movie chases, like how a creature slams into the wall and then chases it's prey with a renewed fervor kinda deal. While at first I always expected the alchemist to be a killer that will experiment on survivors injecting them with serum and what not, I love the route they went with him, he's turned into an addicted monster with some of the best lore in the game, honestly though, and I know it's your opinion, but if you really think that it's better to chase and M1 normally all I can say is just keep practicing him, you can do some insane downs with him once you can rush properly. His power lies in cutting off survivors, and if he applied deep wounds (unecessary imo) or instadowned at base he would be so op

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Playing blight on console kills me on the inside.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

This seems to be the case with most killers first impressions over the past year.

• JustZed32
    JustZed32 Member Posts: 213
    Options
  • Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77
    Options

I played a load of blight up until recently, i really enjoyed him. But the higher rank you get he has just too many easy counters and his power is unpredictable due to bugs.

His power has no use in loops so you just become an M1 killer. Decent survivors just end up going into a building/jungle gym and wasting time knowing your power adds nothing in those situations.

When you bounce you'll sometimes slide or hit a completely invisible object which kills a chase fast. Also you can't start a bounce too close to things, you have to be a few steps away.

He's massively map reliant. Probably the most map reliant killer in the game.

Having that unpredictability alone breaks him. Also note his legs are stuck in the ground to his knees, so for a killer who needs to see where the survivors are to maximise his power use have fun in tall grass...

The way his bps are awarded also seem to be screwy for chases, as lethal rushes don't count as a chase.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

I absolutely love Blight I just wished he handled a little better on console. Also why does he slide off literally everything in Yamoka estate maps? When they reworked everything you'd think they'd take the new killer in mind as well.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

He also loves his skateboarding on Swamp maps as well

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I agree he would be op with the added effects on the dash but with the tight loops and jungle gyms I find the dash only really pays off when set up just right otherwise its really just quicker and easier to bash someone with m1.

I don't have any trouble getting the hits and the downs using the dash, its just outside of the obvious plays were you can cut off a survivor I find it more efficient to just m1. The power is different sure but outside of adding mobility I just feel like it doesn't offer enough to be a killer power. Often a well placed mindgame is more effective than a well placed dash and it comes with less of a cool down.

If you could curve him more like old billy maybe but I think every time I've curved well with him its because of the slide bug on some obstacles rather than the power itself.

If you enjoy him great more power to you, I'm struggling to find the enthusiasm to continue playing him.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

Maybe if/when they pull his 1st person model out of the ground and fix his FoV I'll enjoy him more....

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

That damn oldsmobile on the junkyard map. Smeared across it like I was the greast strangler.

Also agreed. Haven't had this much fun as killer in a couple of years maybe.

I really hope the next killer lives up to him and isnt another SLinger/Pyramid.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

He's amazing on pc but his turning on console is terrible.