48 Hour Ban is Excessive

I can understand a need for the DC penalty to prevent people from disconnecting on purpose. But I don’t think it needs to go to 48 hours or beyond to get the message across. A few hours is enough to keep people from doing it or at least give them a clean slate after a period of time. I don’t appreciate not being able to play the game I’ve never felt so stomped on as a player in any other video game than this one. Even those with DC penalties at least allow you to rejoin and avoid the penalty in the case that it was on accident. I think if there was a way to compensate the killer for being gone it would totally be doable. For instance maybe start depleting the sacrificial timer until the survivor returns to the match. Once that timer is up then the survivor is completely removed from the game and that’s where the ban would then go into effect.

Comments

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103

Now, that could leave many of you wondering well how could they if people might abuse it during chases? They would come back injured with a diminishing sacrificial bar passing through the hook stages quicker than normal. Something.... anything really besides it’s current state

• AskingForHelp

Not if you compensate the opposing side by making it progressively benefit them while hurting your team until you get back

• KissingxToast
    KissingxToast Member Posts: 30

How long did you go between Dc's? I always assumed if you happened to DC a couple of times whether by your own hand or a reason out of your control, after a while it would reset. Meaning if you Dc'd a couple times on Monday, by the following Monday you would be back to the 5 minute ban time. I don't DC often (normally a thunderstorm knocks me out) so idk how the incremental bans work.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Try having a 72 then going back on the game dcing and geting a other 72 LOL that is excessive

• AskingForHelp

Well how would that be worse to let them rejoin? How does it not make any logical sense to implement something like that? How would that make it worse for the survivors to get their teammate back when It’s actually ruining the game to keep them out of the match? they belong in that match. As long as you’re compensating the killer like.. say if he was in the middle of chasing that particular survivor, then you’re good. you’re not doing more harm that way😂😂😂😂

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

And what about crashes and server disconnects that give out the exact same punishment as a DC?

• AskingForHelp

thats what just happened to me. I had a 24 and then the first game back my internets been working fine all day long. First game back it crashes towards the end of the match when it’s just me using the internet. Can players lag switch you? I don’t know. But I reset my router and i was banned for 48. Come on.... you’re making people quit playing altogether when you vehemently try to keep people in the game with a penalty. You can actually fix people from rage quitting if you fix the problems causing them to rage quit. You can fix the frustration of unfair banning by allowing them to rejoin and play once certain conditions are met. Or limiting the ban to no more than 1-2 hours. Maybe if you allow them to rejoin they would have to get rescued or unhooked if he was in a chase before he left (timer constantly decreasing until you return)

• MadLordJack

Perhaps I just don't believe in leaving people behind whilst the significant majority of crybabies suicide instead. Perhaps I don't pretend that everyone is lucky enough to be near a server. And perhaps I long ago accepted that this is not a competitive game and so everyone should be welcome to interact regardless of their financial situation.

• TN_Chris
    TN_Chris Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2020

The thing that sucks about the DC penalty, is that it affects people who lose internet connection, the same way as people who actually quit/DC. Now I know people are gonna say that there's no way to tell whether someone lost connection on purpose or accident (which is understandable), but it's still frustrating.

I lost connection earlier in a game against a nurse and had to restart the game and the penalty remaining was like a minute and a half. I wasn't happy about the bloodpoints I'd lost during the game and then being penalized but I just buried it inside and moved on.

Now a 48 hour ban? That's way too excessive. I mean is that a legit ban or a glitch?

• TN_Chris
    TN_Chris Member Posts: 28

Interesting. I didn't know bans stacked like that to be honest, I figured there was a specific time set for every DC/connection lost.

The amount of DC's to lead to a 48 hour ban...damn. Talking about quite a few...

• MadLordJack

Not how that works. It's... So very, very not how that works.

• BloodyHatchet
    BloodyHatchet Member Posts: 48

This reminds me of one time couple months ago, my Xbox was being stupid and made me dc pretty much every game and it got bad enough that I couldn't play for 6 hours.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

How many times one have to dc to reach 48 hour?

Does it ramp up to week and permaban after that too?

• DerrickTheGoblin
    DerrickTheGoblin Member Posts: 5

I understand where you're coming from, but let's say I have a power surge that turns off my console mid game, I don't want to come back and be banned for it. Things like this have happened go me, fortunately not often enough to get a long ban.

• twin187211
    twin187211 Member Posts: 42

Killers should get a penalty for face camping that's the only time I can understand a Survivor disconnect if a killer face camps the game is basically over

• StaticToast
    StaticToast Member Posts: 6

I despise the DC penalty, I never DC on purpose, even if I have to do something else I leave the game open or sacrifice myself, the only times I do actually DC is because I have aweful internet, meaning I get kicked out of the game to my lobby, where I then have to wait for a while to even play again.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

DC Penalty is ridiculous, 48 hours is beyond imaginable. No other game tells people they can't play for days on end for any reason. Killers are the reason people DC, rewarding them for being toxic is unacceptable. Suicide on hook is an option for getting out of an unpalatable match for sure, but that does nothing for people who just get kicked out from the server. I was kicked out of my last match, and I am now sitting out a 15 minute penalty for doing absolutely nothing, I have top of the line internet so this BS is not me. Which is why I am on here looking for DC posts. Because I am beyond frustrated being punished for just trying to actually play this game. This is exactly why I have stopped buying DLCs and auricular cells altogether, I am not going to sink any money into a game that I may or may not be able to even play by their whims.

• TheMikeOTR
    TheMikeOTR Member Posts: 63

So assuming they only DC, how many games would it take to get to a 48 hour ban to begin with?

• killakobugi
    killakobugi Member Posts: 10

Crying about the dc penalty lmao only people who constantly want to dc and the people with dog ######### internet complain about this issue. Sure you might get a glitch every now and again in dbd we have all had it happen to us before. That y I almost never dc I save it from when their is actually something to dc about unlike most people that will click that leave button as soon as something happens they don't like. To our don't have to woryy about the dc penatly if you just learn how to take an L with pride.

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427
    edited October 2020

OK, but, why put an bot untill the players connect again, will destroy the game balance?

This discussion has been closed.