Camping can be punished

Okay now before some people start trying to rip this to shreds. Let me inform you of something real quick. I'm a half-and-half player I play both killer and Survivor no matter how bullshit one side might be. If this offends you pureblood Killers or survivors then you might have a problem.
Now to the topic at hand.

When it comes down to Camping it can honestly suck for both sides. The Survivor it's probably irritated because they did so well the entire game just to be camped when the exit gates are powered or the killer doing the camping which is upset at the fact that he can only get one person.

However if you get camped there's one thing I want you to take note of...

Just do the damn generators. Seriously, it's not that hard. It's not like it's the only objective you do. I know some may say this is a dumb solution but to be honest a killer that is camping is literally banking on somebody trying to save them. That's all they got. Now if you all are dumb enough to actually Rush the hook then that's on you.

The biggest punishment you can give a killer at the beginning of the game is to literally just do generators. It takes 2 minutes for somebody to die on the hook. If three survivors are doing three separate generators while this is happening. By the time that person dies you were only had two generators left to do. That's only if the Survivor doesn't just kill themselves.

Anyway that's all I wanted to say because for some reason camping is being punished when the devs legitimately said months ago it's an actual strategy.

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

So... camping sucks if it happens when the gates are powered, so your proposed solution is to do gens?
    O_o

• Marvel
    Marvel Member Posts: 149
    edited October 2018

Camping does not suck if it ensures the only kill you might get in a game or if you have gens very close to the hook

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

There's a large flaw in this.
    You need to have generators to pressure the killer with!

A lot of groups will not leave any, opting to have most, or all of them done by the time the decoy gets hooked.
    If there are any left, they usually have popped off enough to make a killer concerned.
    If a group has popped off 3 generators within the first few minutes of the match, or even 4, then the killer realizes the 5th isn't far behind, and there's no telling what it is.
    If the gates are open (It's entirely possible to have all gens done, and the gates open in under 5 minutes) then this plan completely falls apart.
    Therefore the killer camps whoever is on the hook to secure a kill. It's about all they can do that isn't a massive gamble.

But I've seen it often enough that survivors panic, and hide while someone is even being carried to the hook.
    When someone is hooked, someone, at least 1 survivor if there's more than 2, needs to be on a generator, or running for their lives. If there's 4, 5 generators left to do, someone needs to be on a gen.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Tsulan said:
    So... camping sucks if it happens when the gates are powered, so your proposed solution is to do gens?
    O_o

It's called securing a kill, in case you didn't know

• Lord_Hanke
    Lord_Hanke Member Posts: 31

So true! I used the harvester thingy against a hillbilly and knew he would camp the ######### out of me. So he did. 1 gen left and 2 survivors alive while I was struggling. End of the story: 4k
    After game chat: 1 survivor cried about camping. They had enough time but this sweet unhook attempt in the killers face...
    Do your gens if a killer decides to camp. You are not supposed to 4k each game, you are not supposed to escape each game. Securing a kill is ok. Leaving a survivor behind is ok. I'm a killer main and hunting for the Deliverance achievment so get your ass out if I hang on my 2nd hook cause I deserve it

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

I think facecamping a surv is ofc a strategy not to be punished

however kind of ultra rare surv perk should be fair

-> when you are hooked, the entity keeps away 5/10/15 meters the killer off the hooked surv

• Tsulan

@HellDescent said:

@Tsulan said:
    O_o

It's called securing a kill, in case you didn't know

Read again, what i wrote.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited October 2018
    "Survivors should gen rush if you don't want killers to camp"
    "Killers camp because survivors gen rush"
    Let's be real, people can get camped for any reason. There's no one stop solution because it's not about how survivors play, it's how killers feel. The only role a survivor has in getting camped is getting caught in the first place.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Tsulan said:
    O_o

Camping after the gates have been powered only occurs because the killer has nothing else to do.
    But the devs said they wanted to change endgame anyway, so maybe "soon TM" :wink:

• Tsulan

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Tsulan said:
    O_o

Camping after the gates have been powered only occurs because the killer has nothing else to do.
    But the devs said they wanted to change endgame anyway, so maybe "soon TM" :wink:

No one understands what i mean -.-
    OP said, that the solution to camping AFTER the gates are powered is TO DO GENS.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Rebel_Raven said:
    There's a large flaw in this.
    You need to have generators to pressure the killer with!

A lot of groups will not leave any, opting to have most, or all of them done by the time the decoy gets hooked.
    If there are any left, they usually have popped off enough to make a killer concerned.
    If a group has popped off 3 generators within the first few minutes of the match, or even 4, then the killer realizes the 5th isn't far behind, and there's no telling what it is.
    If the gates are open (It's entirely possible to have all gens done, and the gates open in under 5 minutes) then this plan completely falls apart.
    Therefore the killer camps whoever is on the hook to secure a kill. It's about all they can do that isn't a massive gamble.

But I've seen it often enough that survivors panic, and hide while someone is even being carried to the hook.
    When someone is hooked, someone, at least 1 survivor if there's more than 2, needs to be on a generator, or running for their lives. If there's 4, 5 generators left to do, someone needs to be on a gen.

I love how you're pretty much implying it's SWF because no non SWF group is that coordinated.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Visionmaker said:
    "Survivors should gen rush if you don't want killers to camp"

"Killers camp because survivors gen rush"

Let's be real, people can get camped for any reason. There's no one stop solution because it's not about how survivors play, it's how killers feel. The only role a survivor has in getting camped is getting caught in the first place.

Killers camp because they're bad, someone bm'd, or they have dying light. Most often it's the first. Least often it's the last.