Ormond is a terrible map and needs reworking

Kellen
Kellen Member Posts: 4
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

What do you think?

Comments

• BabyBubz
    BabyBubz Member Posts: 68

Obviously, i enjoy playing it as a survivor, not because of the size mostly. This place has many pallets and it's harder to get a 3gen there for killer.

As for the killer itself...Well, i'm gonna be honest, it's #########. Usually i choose killers as hag, huntress and deathsinger and since i'm not a pro player, it's quite impossible to have any pressure if survivors aren't dumb. Scratch marks are easy to loose because its too bright, gens are far away from each other (easy gen rush for swf). Sometimes i'm lucky or doing good so i win but mostly not. Same issue for Rotten Fields, i have small monitor, it's impossible to see anything through the corn :(

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I´m convinced it´s the least balanced map. Strong middle building literally surrounded by 4-7 jungle gyms, shack, and 6-12 filller pallets, each and every one 100% safe. It´s like a window into the past where every map was like that.

Add to that that scratch marks are almost non existent and you get Ormonds full glory. It´s not without reason that the sweatiest Survivor players love to use an offering to get that map - if your squad is decent, it´s very hard to lose on this map as Survivor.

• Bluegatti
    Bluegatti Member Posts: 80

Welp tbh I don’t think it needs a rework, I know what you trying to say and I do agree with it. But what I mean is that if they are not going to do a rework on both shelter woods and Hawkins, I don’t think ormond needs a rework, and ormond shouldn’t has a rework. Since for map pool you should’ve have some map that is survivor sided and killer sided to maintain the level of diversity right here. Basically calling for ormond remake is asking for remake for haddonfield which is unnecessary and no point if they don’t rework on killer sided map at the same time.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

haha; I was going to say after just looking at your first part that playing survivor on the map and not giving the killer any room to...snowball ;D means a fairly straightforward experience but that you were not considering the killer experience. But then you did.

Ormond is an atrocious map.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Ormond is terrible. But there are also other terrible maps. Especially the big ones.

• Kellen
    Kellen Member Posts: 4

If there is a survivor with OoO the killer just has to look at him since he's across the halway and can't do much.

Is a thing on midwich as well.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

Got some good news lol

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

They literally just announced today that they are reworking it, along with all the Autohaven maps. For 'better or for worse' (depending on your current perspective of it, and what they do to it).

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Midwich is survivor side. The only thing you need to do is run in a straight line the second you see the killer he will need at least 30 sec to catch up and start a chase when you think the killer is close you enter a room jump the window or drop a pallet