Can a dev or mod answer?

I've looked around and can't find a definite answer. Is farming bannable? meaning killer farms with the survivors to get points. some people say its totally fine while others say its not. can a mod or dev answer to clarify weather or not farming is bannable please?

Comments

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

just checking if its a legit thing before i consider doing it ;/

• Marvel
    Marvel Member Posts: 149

I'm pretty sure it's not what the devs want but I think it's pretty clear that during BP events nobody will get banned for it. Other than that I wouldn't do it if I were you

• Dr_Trauts

multiple people have stated that farming bloodpoints is not bannable but farming survivors as a result of "working with the killer is". I dont know, i might only to it on bp events but im just curious incase i want to have the odd farming game now and again

• Dr_Trauts

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Dr_Trauts said:

multiple people have stated that farming bloodpoints is not bannable but farming survivors as a result of "working with the killer is". I dont know, i might only to it on bp events but im just curious incase i want to have the odd farming game now and again

It goes like this:
    If the Killer decides to farm BP with the survivors then its not bannable.

If the Killer decides to farm with a survivor that sandbags everyone for an easy win then its bannable, with the survivor more likely getting the assblasting by BHVR.

cool, and thanks for the clarification :)

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

Since none of you gain an advantage over each other nor grief teammates you are on the safe side.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Also, you have to let all survivors farm equally and gain consent from them. If one survivor wants to attempt to play a real game and you work with the other survivors to smoke him out and farm him, it's bannable.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    edited October 2018
    Also, you have to let all survivors farm equally and gain consent from them. If one survivor wants to attempt to play a real game and you work with the other survivors to smoke him out and farm him, it's bannable.
    Yeah i hook them once for the BBQ stack then leave them alone.

But since OP called for a mod, im gonna call everyones favorite.
    @Peanits under which circumstances is farming bannable?
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Farming at someone else's expense is bannable. So forcing someone who doesn't want to farm to farm, for example, or working with the killer to unhook someone so they can instantly down them and hook them repeatedly. Or an example I see a lot of, a guy just wants to do generators but the killer wants to farm so he'll just keep grabbing them off the generator and forcing them to farm.

Nobody cares if the game starts a man down so y'all farm and get some points. If your farming becomes griefing, that's when it's a problem.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Peanits said:
    Farming at someone else's expense is bannable. So forcing someone who doesn't want to farm to farm, for example, or working with the killer to unhook someone so they can instantly down them and hook them repeatedly. Or an example I see a lot of, a guy just wants to do generators but the killer wants to farm so he'll just keep grabbing them off the generator and forcing them to farm.

Nobody cares if the game starts a man down so y'all farm and get some points. If your farming becomes griefing, that's when it's a problem.

The only thing I wonder about this, how is the support supposed to determine whether the survivors farmed with the killer intentionally and then just reported him afterwards or whether they have been forced to?

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited October 2018

@Peanits said:

The only thing I wonder about this, how is the support supposed to determine whether the survivors farmed with the killer intentionally and then just reported him afterwards or whether they have been forced to?

Im no expert but i assume they have access to some sort of match data, for example if all survivors get hooked and unhooked in seconds without deaths its safe to say it happened under a hook and happens willingly.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Peanits said:

If you send a ticket to support for this sort of thing, you should attach a video of it. Those support tickets are only for additional info (like video evidence). If you're unable to record a video, you should just report it in-game. We review each report individually.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@Peanits said: If you send a ticket to support for this sort of thing, you should attach a video of it. Those support tickets are only for additional info (like video evidence). If you're unable to record a video, you should just report it in-game. We review each report individually.

But how useful is a report without a video? I'm almost 46-years-old. I have zero interest in ever recording a game that I am playing.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Kilmeran said:

@Peanits said: If you send a ticket to support for this sort of thing, you should attach a video of it. Those support tickets are only for additional info (like video evidence). If you're unable to record a video, you should just report it in-game. We review each report individually.

But how useful is a report without a video? I'm almost 46-years-old. I have zero interest in ever recording a game that I am playing.

It's for additional evidence, it's not at all needed, I'm sure they have things in place to see whos earning points in a match etc, there's only certain things you need proof as if true they'll likely be banned immediately and banning on word of mouth is a very touchy subject.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

with nearly 1000 hours i have farmed many times and im still here.

• DeadByFlashlight

@Kilmeran said:

I have done that once during a game where a survivor was holding me hostage with the killer-flying exploit and it was sucha trouble to upload it afterwards etc.

Nonetheless, I added that survivor and he was still playing after a month. After that I have never gone through this effort again

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Peanits said:

They’d probably look and see that one survivor is not only dead, but has considerably less points.

• DeadByFlashlight

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Peanits said:

They’d probably look and see that one survivor is not only dead, but has considerably less points.

Apparently they have no game data available to them, otherwise they could bann for holding hostage without video proof too

• Jack11803

<> @DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Peanits said:

Apparently they have no game data available to them, otherwise they could bann for holding hostage without video proof too

That’s because no where on the tally screen is there evidence of a hostage game. And if the timer was long, it could r been a standoff, and a salt shaker is reporting to get the killer banned.

• DeadByFlashlight

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Peanits said:

That’s because no where on the tally screen is there evidence of a hostage game. And if the timer was long, it could r been a standoff, and a salt shaker is reporting to get the killer banned.

If they were saving the data from games, then they could tell that the game lasted 20 minutes after the gates have been opened. Stuff like this could be dealt with easily, without forcing players to provide video footage

• Jack11803

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Peanits said:

If they were saving the data from games, then they could tell that the game lasted 20 minutes after the gates have been opened. Stuff like this could be dealt with easily, without forcing players to provide video footage

You never know what was going on those 20 minutes. I’m saying they only get the scoreboard and maybe the amount of time in the match (no gen data or anything) and that’s it