Very Simple Question To You, But It Must Be Asked Every Now And Then...

2»

Comments

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

Currently I love Discordance. But I am fickle and my tastes are known to change.

For survivor maybe Quick and Quiet for the fancy jukes.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

For survivor, I like to use Bond, it's a great source of information to help decision makings.

For Killer of course its BBQ, need those bps. I also like Discordance, on specific Killer, it's great to avoid gens flying.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Inner Strength

Franklins Demise

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Killer: BBQ and chili and STBFL are two VERY good ones I love using, but BBQ takes the lead on that due the the BP gain.

Survivor: Kindred for the win, literally.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The change to Mad Grit long ago is what caused me to pick it up as part of a meme build (along with Agitation and Iron Grasp). These days, said meme build is one I have been using for the past several months, so...yeah.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Devour Hope.

I embody chaotic neutral.

• Killbutton
    Killbutton Member Posts: 87

Spies from the Shadows- so, so underrated.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited October 2020

Survivor, Blood Pact. Excellent for solo queue which is where I mostly play, but the recent buff has also made it S++ tier in SWF since you can be relatively close to your friend the obsession and hardcore W key most Killers, especially 110 ones.

Killer, STBFL. It just feels nice I guess.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Killer: Discordance

Survivor: Kindred

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,796
    edited October 2020

WGLF and BBQ are by far the most essential on any build, but I wouldn't call them my favorites per se. I just want to reduce the grind.

It's really hard to pick a favorite because I adore so many perks, but if I had to pick one it would probably be Aftercare. It's one of the most underrated perks in the game imo. I see almost no one running it, but I think it's more powerful than Bond or Empathy. The later in the game it is, the more it shines too. I like perks like that.

Honorable mentions to Break Out, Autodidact, Tenacity, Slippery Meat, and Desperate Measures on the survivor side and Monstrous Shrine and Devour Hope on the killer side.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,796
  • Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2020

I'm actually really enjoying WGLF right now. If a killer downs someone and gets deterred with something else just for a few seconds, even if its to kick a gen... a medkit + WGLF does wonders.

I really like the feeling of no longer wasting a perk slot as it actually does something now apart from the extra BP gains.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

Infectious Fright

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Adrenaline killer never chases me they usually try to trap me with the slug to 4K or they give in and chase me when there's one gen left. With adrenaline I either pop up with the hatch closing or I'm off to time the gate opening in a smart chase towards a gate. Great with spine chill my close second because distance is so important in looping and looping is fun for me.

For killer, discordance I love early pressure in my killer matches I don't run gen regression perks I just rely on constant pressure.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I really love Dead Hard and Shadowborn. Mainly because of their consistent use throughout a match, but also because you get uber addicted to shadowborn

• tgrab
    tgrab Member Posts: 70

Autodidact, I just find it really fun to use, and it's really satisfying when it starts working.

• ninjaclash
    ninjaclash Member Posts: 1

Break Out - it doesn't always work the way I want it to but when it does it's just such an exciting feeling, and since I suck with flashlight saves this is one of the few ways I can help out my buds, haha. As for killer... Discordance, I guess? Info perks tend to be a lot of fun, but shout out to BBQ for those sweet, sweet points

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Favorite Perk for killer: Used to be discordance, but since no old perks can be used, Tinkerer.

The information and stealth it gives can make or break you in some instances.

I also like Devour because of the actual balance it has but because of the Undying/Ruin meta people love so much, totems get broken too quickly. : P

Favorite Perk for survivor: Aftercare

The amount of information it can give the user is staggeringly useful. It just requires a high level of skill and changing how you play to get the most from it. Also helps your teammates under its effects.

I like Autodidact for a similar reason, it helps your team the longer you are in the game.

• Raven014

I've been wanting to use Wake Up, but I don't have it at Tier 3 on my main survivor yet.

• Raven014

It has easy counters for those that know them, but can still be strong... as well as giving more points. It really is the perfect perk. : )

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195

BBQ and Chili because bloodpoint addiction is real and Kindred because it just gives everyone really useful information when playing solo

• timbologna
    timbologna Member Posts: 348

I'd like to say....hear me out.....sloppy butcher.

• Walmart
    Walmart Member Posts: 19

I never play with meta perks so probably all of the less popular perks, but I really love head on + quick & quiet just because it's fun to mess around with. For killer, I don't play much but currently I'm playing perkless to improve my pig, doc, and oni.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Tbh for Survivor... 100% Spine Chill

It removes all Stealth Mechanics and allows you to know when a pesky spirit is trying to kill yah right behind yah.

For Killer I would say...

Dying Light. Cause well 6 Tokens = 18% Repair Speed for all non obsession survivors which is a win in my book.

• Amundii
    Amundii Member Posts: 12

Second wind the reason why I love this perk is because it encourage me to help my team (sense you need to heal to activate it) and you dont have to worry about healing off hook. What I really like about it is getting chase while the timer is ticking. it's like the end game collapse but for killer sense if they don't hit me within 30 seconds I'm up to healthy and now you have to waste more time to knock me down. (Especially those moment where the killer is right about to hit you and then second wind goes off really gets the blood pumping. I love those intense moments) Plus with the different perk build and work around you can use with this perk is very interesting to me (like for example mental of man discordance and second wind you get all three of them working it's extremely satisfying to pull of) once I get the perk from Steve I'm most likely gonna use it all the time

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Iron Will since I thought this perk was useless for years and now I can't even play without it. It lets u get away with so many things and do so many risky plays.

As for killer Infectious Fright since I'm quite lazy to look around for someone trying to get a potential FL save or pallet

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136
    edited October 2020

As Killer: Depends on the Killer but STBFL is an addiction.

As Surv: Resilience. Those 9% can really make a difference

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

It also promotes a more fun playstyle for both sides, encouraging starting new chases for Killers and not doing generators for Survivors because everyone's rushing in for that easy saves.

• SolAkira
    SolAkira Member Posts: 71

Desperate Measures, because I'm very altruistic. It helpful when I need a quick heal or in tight situations.

Visionary cause I'm a humdrum when it comes to generators and I less often 3 gen myself with it.

Repressed alliance: for the above reason

For the people for those killers that camped down bodies

• SolAkira
    SolAkira Member Posts: 71

Desperate Measures, because I'm very altruistic. It helpful when I need a quick heal or in tight situations.

Visionary cause I'm a humdrum when it comes to generators and I less often 3 gen myself with it.

Repressed alliance: for the above reason

For the people for those killers that camped down bodies

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46

Bond. (Especially with Open Handed)

Because you can see who is doing stuff and who isn't. Which gens are being worked on. Where not to go if you're being chased. If anyone else is trying to save someone. You can also tell if someone else is being chased.

Note: I have never played SWF so don't use a mic to talk with the team.

And a close second is Detectives Hunch because it reveals the location of pesky hidden totems which is especially useful on maps like The Game. Also you can find that one gen nobody can locate and can stop your team accidentally have the last three gens all next to each other.

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46

Oh that's a point killer perk would have to be

Devour Hope

Cause I love being able to murder that one toxic tea bagging invisidette.

• killakobugi
    killakobugi Member Posts: 10

The most recent wglf is straight fire. I usually always like to run it it before this update as well because we all know that survivor don't consistently make as many points as killer so I basically only had 3 perks because wglf did nothing for you in trial but now that pick up time yooooooooo

• Rozzer03
    Rozzer03 Member Posts: 4

Killer - Surge. I just find it really satisfying to use and have become really addicted to it recently even though it’s not that strong - it’s made it’s way into a lot of my killer builds.

Survivor - Iron Will. Only started using it not too long ago but the stuff you can get away with is insane I feel like it just gives you so many more options in a tight situation.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

BBQ and Small Game

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Remember Me, because with trapper the perk is hilarious

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I say discordance or tinkerer. I gotta get my gen info!

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

Bloodhound. I love the aesthetic, highlighted blood looks great, however tracking blood is probably the least useful way to track a survivor

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

Survivor: Tricky but probably... IDK Lithe? Only thing I hate about Lithe is when I get hit through the vault and I'm exhausted on the ground.

Killer: STBFL is up there. I also really love Franklin's, especially if there's 2+ flashlights, just knock the item out and camp the items. Fun times :D

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It probably depends a bit on the killer I’m playing since that impacts how food or bad specific perks are, but I like Bloodhound generally speaking. It works all the time on injured survivors, even if they’re crouching around, which makes it almost impossible for you to not find an injured survivor if you follow their trail. Nurse’s Calling obviously gives stronger information but it only works if they happen to be healing in your typical terror radius essentially.

I’ll give special mention to Deerstalker. It seems silly but knowing exactly where slugged survivors are is just a nice quality of life effect. How many times have you slugged someone to chase someone else, come back and you can’t see or hear the person you slugged because they either crawled into a corner to hide or you forgot where you downed them and they have a perk or sound issue that means you can’t hear them? Well this perk eliminates that scenario entirely. Plus it helps you keep track of them for purposes of someone else coming in for a heal. It’s not the “best” perk or a meta perk, but it’s just a handy perk to fill out your slots if you tend to slug people periodically,.

• cb4j
    cb4j Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2020

Usually run a combo of: (Very Rare)

-Prove Thyself

-Adrenaline

-Speed Burst

-Balanced Landing

-Unbreakable

-Self Care

If I've gotta choose a favorite it's Prove Thyself. Helps speed a long the engines and if you've got friends with a toolbox you're gold. I like things that give you the edge or potential second life. A lot of times you'll need it. Thanks to teachable perks I've got those listed above in most playbooks.

Maxed all my OG's and Cheryl Mason to level 50.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Trail of torment. This perk alone has given me so many free hits. A solid runner-up would be fire up because I like the idea of gradually becoming stronger as the survivors complete their objectives. Rarely ever impactful but I enjoy it. Especially when paired with brutal strength lol.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Devour hope. Its the perfect hex perk. High reward at the cost of being removed. But oh so satisfying when it doesn't get destroyed.

As survivor it adds so much tension when that 3rd token is revealed.

Its just plain great.