I need a reason to play this game

I’ve been playing this game for only four months and I’ve already gotten bored and frustrated with it. With all the camping killers, tunneling killers, and stupid teammates there’s no way I can have fun anymore. Unless you have a key or specific perks you can’t have fun in soloq. And I have no friends to play swf with so I’ve got nothing. Honestly I’m so close to being done with this game. Either BHVR needs to actually balance this game or they’re going to lose a ton more fans like they’re losing me

Comments

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

you need to have different expecations in solo queue. You will lose a bit more in solo queue, as you can't talk to your teammates, you will make assumptions they are doing "bad" things, when they very well may have a reason for what they are doing, but you wont' know.

You have to accept that solo queue is harder then with groups, and either find a way to have fun/enjoy those games, or move one. This game will not adapt to you. I can have fun in solo queue most days, but there are days where I get frustrated as well, but overall, it can be fine, as long as you don't spend 95% of your time judging other players for doing things you don't think they should be doing, but remember, they are probably judging you for things you are doing.

• Killbutton
    Killbutton Member Posts: 87

Just play killer for a bit. It's old advice, but it helps. Unfortunately, a lot of the perks are hidden behind paywalls unless you luck out and you have the shards/have the perk in the shrine.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

No you don't. You need a reason for why you are making us watch your woe-as-me exit. One day I will be bored with the game too, and I will quietly (with dignity) exit stage left. If you aren't having fun, go find one where you will.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

My answer to the lack of friends for a SWF is to go to a streamer's Discord and meet some new people.

Or play killer for a bit... when I need a break from killer, I play survivor.

Or take a break and come back refreshed. When all else fails, play something else for a few days and re-evaluate.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Hey!! I have been playing a little longer than you, and I found that the higher I made it in rank, the happier I felt about basic achievements! And I know what you mean about crummy matches, but I've met some awesome teammates and killers! It takes patience, but they're out there :)! Also, I made a post about positivity and listed encounters from one week's worth of dbd memories, so feel free to check those out <3 Good luck in your next matches, and I hope they're fun!!

• Alec1055
    Alec1055 Member Posts: 98

Yo don’t get so butt hurt lmao

• Uncharted
    Uncharted Member Posts: 136

Been there, done that. I had a long break earlier this year because of frustrations with solo queue. My advice for you is to play killer and set small goals for yourself each match. When I started out my goal was to get some good moonwalks for example.

Like someone else said, when you play killer, you're not relying on anybody but yourself. There's no one to hold you back, sandbag you, or leave you to die on first hook. Become a 50/50 player and the game will be much more enjoyable. Experiment with all the killers and don't be afraid of performing badly at first. We all start out somewhere and no one beside you really cares. Good luck.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

Play another game and never come back, best option right now

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Don't just play one side, play both sides, if you don't enjoy it then there is nothing anyone can say for you to play again.

• deadaim6
    deadaim6 Member Posts: 18

I'll trade you. You play killer and push the survivor queue times down a bit. I'll try to get better at looping. Can't get much better at altruism though, I usually max that out each trial.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

I won't give you one, because you're on the path to enlightenment. Find something else, lol.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77

If you cant do well on survivor you wont do well on killer

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
  • Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

How does survivors enjoy the game? How is it possible to re-queue knowing your fate is determined by the power of the other side?

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I honestly think you maye could consider taking a break. Your posts picture you as so sad, I don´t like that one bit. Maybe you´re a bit burned out from DBD?

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

have you tried just vomitting of survivors??? I find it theraputic...

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

That is very sad I have that thought, for a game I love. Survivors re-queue like braindead zombies knowing they are going to die. There is no fairness to that at all. I want to understand the psychological reasoning, that is all.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I guess they re-qeue because it´s fun to them?

In my case, what really helped dealing with the frutration was adjusting my mindset a bit. I can´t expect a 4k or Escape every match, this was especially healthy when I startet out back then. Idk, I just hope you´ll be able to enjoy the game again someday.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Have you tried tracing triangles in the sand..? It is also very therapeutic. Lisa thinks so, too. 🍭

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Oh, I wrote a thread earlier how I thought drawing hag traps in the sand was satisfying. It reminded me of that cause plague vomit is satisfying to you.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited October 2020

HAHAHA face palm, I'm not big on the lore so I'm guessing hag is lisa LOL...

Well thanks, now when I get hag in my rotation, I may chant Triangles Triangle as I draw Triangle 😅

• Chappy04
    Chappy04 Member Posts: 193

set your self a goal like p3 all killers and survivors or customise all your characters or get a certain rank or devotion. just set a goal it will help. i promise

• jhiieri
    jhiieri Member Posts: 24

I played this game solo for the first few years, and I was taking longer and longer breaks. I was about to quit but then I made some friends and started doing more SWF. Playing this game as a team is so much better.

Before anyone starts dumping on SWF I meant the game is better because you have someone to talk to, joke with, and meme around. and yes, sheet talk tunnelers.

If not for SWF, I would have quit playing this dumpster fire of a game long ago

• PubStar87
    PubStar87 Member Posts: 179

I agree with your opinion.

This game used to be fun.

Lately it's SO killer sided, you basically have to be in a SWF and be running OP perks to enjoy it at all. Like 90% of the perks are pointless now. Case in point, Dark Sense (i know it's never been top tier) but now the gen configs put 2 gens super close to eachother. It kinda ruins the whole point of Dark Sense even existing.

This game is catering to Killers hard lately. Super big dead zones. Open sight lines. Less pallets. Less places to hide. Closer hooks. OP killers. EGC.

Like, cmon devs. I get it. If nobody wants to play Killer, wait times skyrocket. That's bad. But you gotta admit you been leaning REALLY hard into overpowering Killers lately. It's seriously sucking the fun outta the game when SURV's have SUCH a tiny chance of surviving. Even chases are rarely fun anymore.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

There is one reason to play this or any other game - you want to play this game.

If this reason isn't present - don't play. It's really that simple.

• prodigy1337
    prodigy1337 Member Posts: 32

It's brutal. I just hit rank 4 as killer, first time ever, with only 105 hours played. I fair pretty well against similar ranks, but I know exactly how you're feeling; I have only had the game for a month now too and I have caught on this struggle that so many write about: games unfair, unbalanced, the whole 9 yards.

It's a personal adversary you will continue to struggle with; and I'm not sure if it's healthy or not. I find myself not wanting to play because I'll need a wheelchair after a game because the map has the best loops for the survivors, and other times I will just decimate the swf group. It has its highs and it has its lows. There are sometimes when, unfortunately, the only damn survivor I find is the Kate that I keep running into and hooking- not evening meaning to tunnel lol, gens are being rushed, my ankles are broken but this poor Kate just keeps meeting my sword lol. Only to then get flamed like no other by the entire team, who escaped btw, lol.

I digress, you need to take a step back and just understand that from a solo point of view, this game can be brutal, and yet it can be so rewarding. I wouldn't give up, I would seek out some friends or players to play with, don't be too shy to meet new people. There are plenty of resources out there for you to do this with. Luckily I found myself a group that I can play with as a survivor and get mindlessly killed with. You survivor mains are crazy, but I see the experience and the fun it can be to cuck a killer endlessly around loops lol.

Keep ya chin up.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Would be nice if they stopped allowing tunneling or camping but it'd be hard to actually enforce and killers would just complain anyway. I can agree it's hard to play and enjoy when if you aren't using meta perks the game is unplayable. As killer or survivor.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

While this game is very simple and casual it's not fun at all starting out if you have no idea what you're doing. Not only that, you need to shell out real money if you want some perks like BBQ and DS because P2W features are a good idea in a game that you've already paid for. The grind to get good perks when you're just starting out (you've only played a few months so you're still new) is absolutely ######### ludicrous and I do empathise with you and other people. I currently have about 500 hours in the game after playing for a year and a half or so, and I'm not even close to getting all the perks I want on killers and survivors. Hell only one of them is P3, and nearly half the characters I don't even have the teachables unlocked for. This bullshit grind that BHVR are refusing to improve is scaring away players, and the grind is only getting worse with each new content patch. Because imagine wanting to actually play with the content you paid for with real money the day you purchased them? Nope, ######### you, spend literally 10s of hours grinding out perks on the new killers and survivors to actually play them properly. Oh and did we mention that the perks you get in the bloodweb are entirely random?

Premium currency, horrendous grind, paid DLC, overpriced cosmetics, battle passes...DbD is a free-to-play game that you have to pay for, I've never seen a grind more atrocious in a paid game than this one (that isn't an MMO, and hell even then I've spent less time in those and gotten to the endgame faster than I have gotten all characters to level 50 in this game)