Killer rage quit and I lost a pip because of it! This better be a bug.

I normally sit at rank 1 and have 1500 hours. I play solo survivor a lot so the only reason I want to be a high rank is so I get survivors that aren't trash (the ones that at least know that spamming the attempt to escape means do gens killer is camping) I had a game with the pig. I did half a gen before this Jane ran the pig to me. I get smacked and run off loop the killer for about a minute and a half and 3 gens pop. I get hooked, dwight unhooks me and the killer DC's. For some reason I got no points in evader despite being chased for a minute and a half and loosing LOS for at least 10 seconds, and I depipped because she rage quit. How is that fair? On the pre-emblem system I would have pipped as I got 12k bp.

Comments

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2019

It is a visual bug if you go back to the lobby you will see that you didn't lost a pip.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Visual bug (unless they messed up in the new patch)

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

As others have stated. It's a visual bug and has been this way for a long time.

• Black_Fence
    Black_Fence Member Posts: 308

It isn't a visual bug. I literally lost a pip because of it.

• Black_Fence

Also I posted the same thing on the DBD reddit and someone commented they had the same thing happen to them at a similar rank.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

You better don't care about pips my friend, it's meaningless.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited March 2019

Nah this ######### gonna be funny to do in the purple ranks....

Get to rank 5... rank 4.. then when you start the match...

Do nothing... Make everyone de-pip.

Survivors don't play your way as killer.. just stop running.. stand still... done... Make them lose without doing anything.

• Black_Fence

The only reason I "care" about ranks is because I rarely play SWF. If you are a rank 10 and have a rank 10 killer but your team mates are all fuckwits then what are you supposed to do. The amount of times I have been camped because I have looped a noob killer around all game but my team mates have hid in lockers instead of commiting to gens when I am looping is unreal.

• Black_Fence

It just happened again. I had played a match in between the two games (the first game I posted against the pig and this game where the trapper DC'd) against the plague and got gold, gold, gold, gold and pipped but I just depipped again because the trapper rage quit after 2 gens popped.

• Eveline

You have the same rank as before.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I'm going to disappoint you if you really think this changes at red ranks. Boosted survivors are at any ranks. In fact, red ranks has somehow a lot of survivors who don't care about others.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Visual bug as everyone says but pips mean nothing.

• Stompa
    Stompa Member Posts: 154

afk freddy meta vs swf.

• Black_Fence

It does change though. At red ranks I am up against a killer that is as good if not better than me, I rarely run a killer around the whole match at red ranks. At green ranks I end up running the killer around all match and then getting face camped and while I am spamming m1 so that my team mates know I am being face camped they just squat really ######### close to me not doing the last gen waiting for the killer to leave when he is never gunna leave.

• JLew
    JLew Member Posts: 160

Its just a visual bug...but i have noticed u lose offerings but your pip will be back to normal just back out and you are exact same rank with pips

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

This is because offerings are burned before the trial even loads.

• Black_Fence

I have already said it is not a visual bug, when I backed out I was still at rank 5 2 pips when I started the game I was rank 5 3 pips.

• Eveline

Next time take before and after pictures.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Did you disconnect from any match before? If multiple disconnects happen it sometimes lets you lose a pip when a killer disconnects.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@Black_Fence you, and many others, may no longer be considered red rank material. This is the simple fact of the updated system. It is going to be excrutiatingly difficult to stay in the red ranks from this day forward, let alone get there. Read the separate blog post for more information.

As for depipping on disconect, this is a server-side setting, that they chnaged again, in the last couple of weeks. TBH, if the killer DCs, everyone should safety by default, but that is not how the systrm works. After you are in the match for so many seconds (server-side setting), you will no longer auto-safety if the killer disconnects. It has been this way since about May 2018.

• Black_Fence

Normally I get gold, gold, iridescent, gold or silver, gold, iridescent, iridescent unless it is a god nurse then I just safety. So I don't think I don't belong at red ranks. According to the new piping system I will pip a lot and safety pipping is still easy. The problem is DCing shouldn't make you lose a pip if they are so hard to gain. Also the fact that the new system literally means a killer can derank everyone in that lobby at red ranks because he tunnelled one player is ######### ridiculous. If you loop all round because a killer is chasing you and you escape you should pip but normally you end up with bronze, silver(assuming you get downed and camped) nothing iridescent which is 7 which will depip you despite probably winning the game for your team mates.

• Kaelum

@Black_Fence unfortunately, I don’t agree with you on what you think qualifies as a pip. I believe that the changes to the Emblem Ranking System have been long overdue, and they could possibly end all future rank resets.

As for DCing killers, I agree that the match should be a stalemate. To prevent abuse of the system, only a safety should be guaranteed. If at the time of the DC you happen to have enough points for a pip, or a double pip, then that should be your reward instead, which I think is what you are stating.

• Drekathar
    Drekathar Member Posts: 61

It is not a visual bug sometimes. It just happened to me, the killer dc-ed in the first 10 seconds of the game and when I went back to main menu I had actually lost 1 pip!!!! Not a huge deal but it's slightly frustrating...

• Kaelum
    edited November 2020

@Drekathar WOW, nice necro of a 19 month stale thread. EXCELLENT JOB!