bloodweb entity being a bloodpoint hog

if there are going to be rules to how the entity takes items on the bloodweb, at least follow them. im trying to level up characters to get perks and where i could get around spending some bloodpoints, the entity cheats me. i planned my choices out so that the entity would take half of the bloodweb, saving me precious bloodpoints, and instead it splits and takes a purple key, which should be completely out of its AI. why is this an option. it seems it only follows its AI when it hurts me. is this a bug or just just a "FU" for trying to figure out the entity?

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

entity can't take more than 1 item as the last turn is one of the rules

• bjorksnas

there are only so many bloodweb rules

1. entity can't take more than 1 item on the last move
    2. if you take a perk and there is another perk on the bloodweb the entity takes it and continues from there
    3. the entity only spawns once you take a perk with another perk on the bloodweb or after 5 moves
    4. the entity will follow paths available to it and if it runs out it will start another path prioritizing the outermost nodes first at random with the rarer items being slightly more likely to be the node the entity starts on
  • FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

Within a few days of ghostface being released I leveled him to P3-50 and got all perks (I was bed ridden and it was the anniversary). I would get 1 million BP, then spend it all. It was possible to get the entity to consume half or more of the bloodweb by buying perks immediately to activate the entity and then buying the cheapest nodes that led the entity down certain paths. Doing this, I could get to lvl 37 rather than 36 - about ~40k BP savings per 1m BP, or ~60k leveling 1-50. In total I saved 180k leveling from 1 to P2-50, or... not much. At P3 I started buying by rarity.

Since that time, they've changed how the entity consumes bloodwebs, and I don't know why. But I agree that it feels 'mean' now - it was fine before. Like, I get that the entity is supposed to be malevolent, but when you're not 5 years old, you know that the entity is programmed by human beings who are making a video game that's supposed to be entertaining, not punishing and it makes you wonder why. But, as they say, 'don't attribute malice to things that can be explained by incompetence.'

As a side note: Did y'all know it takes an HOUR to traverse all of the bloodwebs to get from level 1 to P3-50?

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

Rule number 5 is a lie, I tell 'ya. Sometimes he straight up goes for the most valuable item on the board, OR he will prioritize the most valuable item at the end of the path you've started. Like, I used to prioritize buying nodes leading to the first perk I wanted, then buy nodes leading to the second perk I wanted. Since they changed the entity's behavior he will now prioritize that second path you've begun for yourself. Other times it can seem completely arbitrary, like if the entity is simply having a bad day.

• bjorksnas

its random and slightly affected by rarity but if you are on level 50 there is about a 1/3 chance it consumes the perk you are going for with 4 perks available that's why you always get 1 perk then react to the one that it takes so you aren't fully dissapointed