The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Cross-play experiences for console players

Well, my experience so fare has been absolutely depressing. All the PC players I’ve come across have played like garbage. They’ve taken tunneling, proxy/face camping to a whole new level and it’s absolutely disgusting, it’s no wonder that out of us PC has the worst reputation. I’ve talked to a few of my buddies who play this god forsaken game and have said the same thing I have...remove cross-play!!

Comments

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Turn it off then.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

I'm console but same can be said for console. Turn off crossplay. I do it and even though pc players talk crap my xbox teammates without crossplay are better. Its because people think the others suck and so the people who are good at the game or want to win turn off crossplay thinking they will get better matches and then they do because they are matched with others like them. If you play with crossplay you might get people who find it fun to see how long they can hide. Its basically more players is more trash but the more good players who get bad teammates, turn off crossplay means if you do it they will be your team

• SlyPeeler
    SlyPeeler Member Posts: 6

I have really enjoyed the cross play. Takes a lot less time to find a match. Also I notice PC players play a lot less immersed than players I used to come across on xbox. I don't really see a huge difference in quality of play, just the play style.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Opposite experience here: I play on PC and the most obnoxious tunnelers/campers are usually on console. survivors are mostly fine, but I haven't met many well-playing killers on console

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

As survivor, games are normal.

Get some decent randoms, few potatoes doing nothing, sometimes elite teammates (or really junk killers).

As killer, I rather enjoy PC survivor games. While I don’t believe there’s a such thing as “toxic”, as everything in the game is an attempt to win and mental/psychological advantages DO play a factor; there’s much less of this with PC survivors.

Maybe the reason why...

In my own experience since crossplay has been enables, PC survivors are just not as good. Same can be said for some console players ofc, but the difference in numbers is extremely noticeable.

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351

I turm off crossplay only when I'm not playing with my son who's on pc. And your statements about trash players are true for both pc and console.