DC penalty is not that bad.

I've DCed twice in my DBD career, once before and once after they added them back. Both times were intentional. I did so earlier tonight on a team where we had 3 gens done. We were doing really good. So to the team that I DCed on tonight, I'm sorry y'all. I got a call that a friend of mine died.

It was a 5 minute ban. I thought you had to sit in DBD for it to count down and I had exited completely when I left so I expected to not be able to play for a few minutes. It's gone so that's good.

So moral of the story is, if I've done it once and I got 5 minutes, how many times does it take to 60 minutes? It seems fairly fair to me...

Comments

• BetaBytes
    BetaBytes Member Posts: 19

it's not fair. it needs to go! its such a bad system because it can't determine when you lose network connection and not a player truly disconnected issue.

And why is it BAD to DC??? Seriously have you seen the level 1 killers lately? They're all just camping and tunneling anyways.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how it's unfair. You're basically leaving 4 other people high and dry because you're throwing a tantrum. That's why it's bad.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

If you have a legit reason, all good. Real life always comes first. If you're a big cry baby ABLOO ABLOO I WANTED AN EASY RIDE, then ya, eat that penalty. Nerd.

If your internet sucks, well, damn. I really do wish there was some way to remedy that. "Buy better internet" is a pretty crappy response too. I would know, I'm the guy that installs internet, and some areas simply don't have any access to a good connection. Country property and mountain property is a mess to run fiber to, so most companies simply don't. You end up with old copper connections or dish, and both are slow and spotty at best. It's not like the people that live there wouldn't get better internet if they could: They literally can't.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Funny I see people say one side is too easy, but never back it up with actual proof.

• BetaBytes

how the heck can you get proof when you're in a game and didn't know the dumb killer is going to be a tunneler/camper!

• BetaBytes

It is a legit reason. The house sump decided to blow which blew the outlet with the electric surge it produced. LEGIT. And buy the best internet?? Like #########?? I already signed up for 1GB rates and its still crap. There is no better connection in this location.

So don't talk crap when it is a legit concern. It's not like I'm quitting on purpose WHILE cleansing or doing a generator!

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

We're better with it than without it. Long gone is the salty first down dc, havent seen one since the penalty got reactivated. Its lovely.

The only people moaning about the ban is the dc'ers, now they have to play the game normally and control their rage.

Suck it up.

• BetaBytes

That's #########. I'm not complaining because I dc'ed on purpose, it's because I didn't. Why should I have to be penalized for problems that aren't in my control?! Why doesn't anyone want to address those issues? All you people are just whining that the penalty system is good, but can't even admit IT HAS FLAWS.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Did you read my post? The only reason I said was bad was people throwing a tantrum. Not because something bad happened in real life. If your connection died because it was physically damaged, that's a pretty legit reason. If it's because you are being camped/tunneled, just suicide on hook for some points.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Your first post you ask why its bad to dc with some killers camping and tunneling, yeah the dc penalty is for people like you.

Get better, dont get caught and use anti tunneling perks. Control that in-game anger.

Yes there'll be a few mishaps, had one myself (5mins) but we move on roll with the punches and the game health is better with the dc penalty activated.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

The problem is it does not reset at an appropriate timeframe so if you played 30 matches in a day and got dropped from the server out of 2 you are at 15min, then 2 days later if you continue at 30 games a day, your internet wigs out you are at 30min. Then the next day you light your microwave on fire making a hot pocket it is now 60 minutes. Because instead of resetting after 24hrs or something reasonable, it just builds on itself. So at 30 games a day and 4 DCs over 4 days, you have DCd 3%, a very small amount but are punished the same as someone who rage quit 4 out of 9 games in a single day.

• Benno101
    Benno101 Member Posts: 47

this ^. They should make it like Rocket League's, 15min max.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387

Hey yo. I'll make it really easy for you from my personal perspective.

Yes, 💯 the system has flaws. They are flaws that affect a small minority, so as far as I'm concerned, it is an acceptable risk. I believe BHVR is the same, though I cannot speak on their behalf. (although if BHVR needs a remote windows server admin, hit me up. Almost 20 years experience, many in an always on environment! 😂🤣)

But seriously, I would assume they've weighed the risks vs rewards and chosen based on that. I also understand why you'd feel that isn't fair! You have no control over your internet going out! But it's still screwing up the game for the rest of the players. It's even LESS their fault than it is yours. So why should 4 people be punished because your internet is spotty?

The game is in the state it's in. That's neither your fault or the fault of the other players. But at the end of the day, you're the one choosing to get into game. You're the one choosing to play with spotty internet, so therefore you must also accept that there are consequences to things that happen, even if it isn't your fault.

This is life, this is the reality of the situation. And from what I can see, it's not changing anytime soon. And please understand, I want people to enjoy the game. But I also do not think 1 person should get to (intentionally or unintentionally) ruin the other people's games. There has to be consequences. Even if it's because it wasn't your fault.

• SupaSlay3r20
    SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 139

Unless you get a power surge on the daily, their is no physical way for you to reconnect to dbd in time to see what should be a 5 minute penalty (Assuming you son't dc for other reasons).

If your internet starts crapping out then that's probably a sign that you should stay off multiplayer games for a while as you'll probably get disconnected from your next game anyway.

If you have real life issues (like you forgot that tou had somewhere to be or something important to do) you won't even notice the penalty when you come back as it will already be gone.

Most arguements against dc penalties are heavily flawed and yours is not an exception.