Game Crashed - 72 hour ban? 🤦🏽

Options

At first I made a post about a 48 hour disconnection ban in effect. Now it’s 72 hours after I patiently waited it out. 3rd match into playing dbd today and the game crashes as soon as I spawn in. Now it’s 72 hours. You can’t put a DC penalty on a game where you’re not allowed to play it or where the game can’t detect whether or not you left on purpose and adjudicate it properly as to whether or not to administer a ban to your account. Such a let down from a game I really like.

Comments

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

At that point I would take Mathieu's advice and just "Play another game"

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103
    Options

You guys are clearly not reading the post correctly. The game crashed after spawning in. That is not an internet issue. That is a game related issue. The bugs causing players to be stuck in place. The latency issues, connection drops. These are all contributors to compiling DC penalty times that make the game unplayable. They need to fix it.

• greekfire774
    greekfire774 Member Posts: 170
    edited October 2020
    Options

@AskingForHelp dude, I was agreeing with you in a passive way cause I had this same issue happening. I was just telling you what a community mod said to me to dismiss the issue and not actually fix anything. If they blame us then there's no problem on their end, only on ours.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234
    Options

Well I mean...many other people in the community don't have the problem that the game is crashing. So it is just normal to assume that it has do you with your PC or your internet connection and not with the game itself.

Not a very helpful response, I agree on that, but the game runs smoothly for the majority of players.

The only thing I can recommend at this point is playing on lower resolutions. Since the new graphic updates have been released, playing on Ultra or high has become very laggy, at least for me.

• AskingForHelp
    Options

It’s not unlucky, it’s a matter of time before the next ban comes. I’m walking on egg shells. And the company doesn’t want to help you recover your account when mishaps occur? Why would I support a game like that? But it sucks because I really do enjoy playing it. Yet it’s literally telling me I can’t play it every time I wait to play it again. I shouldn’t have to go through this. The first few times I DC’d was because my character got stuck in place or the game was being held hostage. I figured I could use the first few small bans on that kind of stuff that wasted an incredible amount of time in each match. Then I’ll hold off for awhile. But then your internet drops or someone unplugs it. Then the game crashes next time when you spawn in. And voila here I am at 72 hours. It compiles quickly and tbh it doesn’t need to exceed 24 hours. That’s just ridiculous

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

Very simple solution. Wait 98 hours and your ban should regress. Just tell us if the ban regresses to 42 hours or 5 minutes. Would be nice for the record.

• AskingForHelp
    Options

It doesn’t run smoothly though. I see people dc in cross play all the time.

it cannot really be argued against that this penalty system needs to work differently. It needs to do 1 of 3 things bare minimum. Every other dc penalty I know of has a certain level of fairness attached to it in the case that it could have been a mistake. This one doesn’t. And it’s keeping me from playing the game. Time to call my bank and dispute any charges related to this game and get my money back. Because I feel robbed of my money when this kind of stuff happens.

• AskingForHelp
    Options

Maybe I should just log in and keep banning myself to see how high it can go. At this point I’m pretty done with the game. I can’t win when I am walking on egg shells in fear of the game crashing again leading to an even higher ban timer. Nah, it’s just not worth it. It sucks because I really love this game but it literally doesn’t help or try to resolve any issues nor do the support team. They tell me “Thank you for reaching out.

The disconnect penalties are completely automated and as such, support is unable to cancel or modify any existing bans or accumulated points, nor are we able to turn off disconnect penalties for a specific player.”

yeah okay thanks BHVR for leaving me with no options. Why is there an “appeal penalty” tab if you are just going to send me this message?

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

How many times did your game crash for it to get to a 48h ban?

• Chechia
    Options

I get what you mean and I understand your frustration. But I for example don't have these issues with the game and my PC isn't the newest one either. So I honestly don't know what causes these problems and I am also not sure if it has something to do with the game itself. It doesn't make sense that some people barely have any issues and some people do have them a lot.

• Hamburgerlar
    Hamburgerlar Member Posts: 58
    Options

Yeah I see complaints for this all the time. Getting DC for random reason. But it's so uncommon even though I see it on the forum all the time. no worries bro behavior will probably just tell you to play different game.

• Chechia
    Options

Yeah console players have big issues at the moment, that's true. I am only talking about PC.

The DC penalty is needed, but it would be nice if they could only apply it to the people who actively press the button to leave the game.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

crashing has nothing to do with connection, the game literally freezes.. how is that connection related?

i've had this happen on xbox 3 times in the span of a day and a half and yeah i kept getting BS bans

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Everyone is safe from you ruining their games for the next 3 days. Sounds good to me.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Does the game give you an error message or do you get any type of error message at all?

Also, I love how people are jumping the gun and saying it’s his net. I have amazing internet and I have experienced disconnection issues before, AND been locked out. I don’t know what rock you’ve been living under but the game isn’t “perfect”.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

This is why penalties start low. So that a random crash happens you don't get pubished as hard.

Combined with DCing on purpose and bad connection it get's to rediculous levels.

Which is a good thing. This is your fault for dcing earlier and playing an online game with bad connection

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options
  • piggypablo
    piggypablo Member Posts: 102
    Options

Fix your internet. If you're up to 72 hours, this isn't the first time it's happened. Wonder how many games you've cost your fellow survivors...

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Depends, what are your qualifications? Do you have any experience? How old are you?

All important information, a lemonade stand would be really awkward if your 45.

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161
    Options

If you're crashing that much, instead of asking for D/C penalties to be removed, you should be looking into troubleshooting. Submit a support ticket, create a post in the Bug sub-forum. Ask some questions: Does the crash happen at the same point every time(immediately after loading into the match)? Is it a certain map? Is it a certain character? Does it happen with specific perks? Could it be related to your system specs? Etc.

D/C penalties are needed and under normal circumstances, they shouldn't negatively affect anyone who isn't abusing the system. Your circumstances seem to be unique(if you're being honest), so instead of removing the penalty, you should be looking into what's causing your excessive crashes.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited October 2020
    Options

Any system like this could be abused, though. Like, if it just punishes you for disconnecting via the menu, people will disconnect from the internet. Even if it could somehow tell when people disconnect from the internet via Windows / console settings, people will just unplug their modems/routers/ethernet cables. As for crashes, I'd imagine you could find a way to reliably cause crashes by moving game files while the game is running and the like.

Have you tried reaching out to support about the crash you experienced? That's the path I'd go down. You could also try to take steps to make your internet connection more stable to cover the games you were disconnected from. If you're not already wired, do that. If your roommate likes to upload hundreds of gigabytes of files to Google Drive during the evening like mine used to, ask them to do it at another time, or invest in better internet. If your internet stops responding every few days and you usually just reset your router to fix it, maybe try resetting your router before you log on.

Edit: @Chechia

• xhimsa12x
    xhimsa12x Member Posts: 40
    Options

Dude, I’m sorry to say but coming here is the last place you will find even a shred of sympathy or any bit of help whatsoever. As i suspected simply by reading your title, there would be numerous posts saying “fix your internet”. “It’s your fault not the game”. After experiencing this as well today i think the honest answer is yes, find another game that actually care about its customers. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another company try so hard to lose its customers. Like actively contributing to people leaving. All the Karen’s of the game got together and levied a punishment against anyone who DC’s for any reason because in their eyes, you are a terrible person and deserve whatever bad things happen to you. It’s a disgusting attitude, however it is broad in this forum. But of course you’ve already figured that out in your last post.

• greekfire774
    Options

@Chechia it's been that way ever since they first implemented dedicated servers. Once they disabled them everything went to hell on my end for no apparent reason. I will say ever since pyramid heads release I didn't have a single lag issue or disconnect issue until they started the Halloween event. The day of the event starting is when my game started to crash outrageously and I started disconnecting for no reason. I love dead by daylight for what it is but, if there's a part of the game that isn't working correctly then the logical thing is to remove it until it does. You can browse the forums and find numerous dc ban posts every single day and that's just from the player base that knows of the forums and actively posts here. The silent majority exists and it's impossible for us to comprehend how big the problem is just from the posts here alone.

• Chechia
    Options

That honestly sucks. I hope that they will fixed these issues along with all the other bugs that are currently in the game.

• WildEST19XXcarD
    WildEST19XXcarD Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2020
    Options

I understand your point but what are console players supposed to do. Literally everyday my game crashes atleast twice. One if my friends logged in earlier into swf with me, his game froze halfway though a gen sent him to the home screen. He reloaded the game only to find out he got a penalty. How is that fair? I also get hit miles away from a window yet I pay for top tier internet, I'm hard wired with no lag in other games. But this one seems like it's still in development.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

Before you tell me that I didn't read your OP. I did. A game crash immediately putting you on 72hr after finishing a 48hr is rough. But how did you get to 48? It wasn't a couple of dc's over getting stuck.

I couldn't get animation locked enough times to get to 48hr if it was a rift challenge. If it did happen that often, wouldn't you just go AFK and wait for end game collapse rather than dc and wait additional hrs or days?

So is it

A. Habitual rage quitting? Or

B. Bad internet?

Logic narrows it to only 2 possibilities.

• IWasThereOnce
    IWasThereOnce Member Posts: 31
    Options

In this same vain, I play on console where my account is the primary main account. My husband has a secondary account linked. My game works fine, crashes once in a blue moon, his has gotten 24 hour bans because the game won't stop crashing.

Same internet, playing at same times of day, same console, everything is the same sans the account. Plenty of people do have game crashes where others do not, that doesn't make it a non-issue.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Once you reach a 6 hour ban, you need to take a break from the game for about a week. Happened to me back when I was having on and off internet issues combined with crashes. (This was on the Switch, so don't tell me to fix my PC. And my internet was fine most of the time. It went out maybe twice a day, when I was playing a LOT of DBD because of COVID). So I'd say take a couple weeks break from the game. And next time your penalty gets above an hour, take a break for a couple days. Don't let it get that high. Does it suck? Yeah, kinda. I think they need to make the system a little better to avoid situations like this. I think they could reduce the escalation a bit:

I think it goes 5 min - 15 min - 30 min - 1 hour - 2 hour - 6 hours - 24 hours - 48 hours - 72 hours.

I think it should go 5 min - 10 min - 20 min - 30 min - 1 hour - 2 hour - 4 hours - 8 hours - 24 hours - 48 hours - 72 hours

• Chechia
    Options

I am not talking about console players. You guys have all my sympathy for what is going on with your games right now and I hope they will fix your issues soon.

• ast2astRegMgr
    ast2astRegMgr Member Posts: 124
    Options

There’s no way for the game to crash that many times no to rack up a 72 hour ban. I’m inclined to believe what others have suggested. You rage quit a bunch got your 24 hour ban. You waited out said ban logged in loaded into a game and it crashes. Now you’re at 48 hours. There isn’t a Silent majority anymore. There is a forum for everything people enjoy doing not just video games. There’s a forum for hiking in a specific state. If this ban was happening to more people don’t you think they’d be here voicing their opinion. Also I’m Sure every internet service provider has logs of when there modems drop connections.

• Chechia
    Options

I am aware of the issues on console right now and I have never meant console players with my statement because everyone knows that playing on console is extremely laggy at the moment.

But the person wo created this post is guilty of disconnecting many times on his free will before his game even crashed. He already made a post about his 48 hour ban where he confirmed that, aside from other post where he thinks killers are too strong in this game. I honestly don't think that someone who has insane issues with crashing would ignore that to a point where it reaches 78 hours.

• greekfire774
    Options

@Chechia yeah if you dc for any reason other than an internet glitch then you're in the wrong. I understand real life but even i just drop the controller and walk away and take the loss of life issues comes up. I didn't realize this guy was a hypocrite and it kinda makes sense why he's getting ######### talked on here. Unlike him though, just know plenty of us have legit crash issues and we're not just leaving cause we had a bad game against a camping bubba.

• turtlesforlife
    turtlesforlife Member Posts: 20
    Options

I think it's just time to move on to another game

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

I feel your pain. For a long time after the implementation of dedicated servers on PS4 I had nothing but issues. I could play any other game for several hours straight and never even lag much less disconnect. I could stream 4k movies and never buffer. I would play DBD and end up with a disconnect or two every time I tried to play, and lag issues almost every single match.

I would have to intentionally not play for 2 or 3 days straight just so things reset and I didn't receive a permanent ban. After several months things got better. I rarely get any disconnects anymore. I still get lag at times, but nothing unbearable. I don't know how dedicated servers work so I can't begin to make a guess what caused my problems or why they suddenly got better. The only thing I can say for sure is I have never had a single issue with my internet on any other game. I have never had an issue with streaming. The only internet related problem I have ever had ( and still do a little) is with DBD.

• Crewszpoo
    Crewszpoo Member Posts: 28
    Options

Could be internet ive had it happen before could be someone else disconnected nat type wifi instead of hard wired or jus the game messin up but im devotion 10 and have never disconnected on purpose or accidentally. ive only been disconnected by the game i always struggle and never waste my teams time by attempting to escape the hook people who press start and dc deserve 72-hour ban get good or get off the game

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

Can u make another account? And play on that one.