Killer audio seems too loud, especially on Pyramid Head

FellowKillerMain
FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I like the new VFX but the audio on killers seems much much louder, and prevents me from being able to hear survivors. This is especially apparent on Pyramid Head, as all I tend to hear is his sword scraping the ground, even with headphones in.

Also, something seems up with the spirit. Can people hear me while phasing now or something? It's been much harder to hit survivors when exiting phasing and it seems like they know exactly where I am and which direction I am facing. It wasn't like this before. Like, if I stand still, they stand still. There were times where I even thought they could see me, but I asked someone and they said no, but they said spirit is louder now while phasing. I asked them what they meant, and they said "she's louder." I didn't ask again. What's up?

EDIT: also, I don't know if survivor audio has been made to fall off sooner, but I'm losing track of survivors much more since the update.

Comments

• DanZ3r0
    DanZ3r0 Member Posts: 5

Yo, I just submitted a support ticket for the pyramid head sword audio being way too loud. I just bought him because of the event sale. I am not 100% certain that his sword scraping is supposed to be as loud as it was, but it was obnoxious as hell. The audio made the game play absolutely unenjoyable and made me feel absolute regret for purchasing him. I also feel like I just wasted a bunch of blood points leveling him up. :(

Spirit you could always hear her phasing while you are in her terror radius. (So, if you are doing your phase walk and invisible they can hear a vacuum sound while u are near them. (They should start walking at this point to prevent scratches and hopefully have iron will to prevent sounds.)

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

You are not supposed to hear survivors as killer. Audio bugs, audio occlusion, and the ever getting louder killer sounds (breathing, footsteps) confirmed that. THe developers are moving away from tracking by ear, and instead force you to rely on buggy scratchmarks.