Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Secondary Objective Suggestions

I've heard this be mentioned before by some other people, and let's be honest, just doing gens can be pretty boring. I do think a secondary objective would be the best way to get a lot of complaining to stop. Question is, what should that secondary objective be? I do think the Archives challenges were a step in the right direction, but a secondary objective in the core DbD experience would be awesome.

Curious to see what you guys all think or, if you yourself have your own self-imposed secondary objectives, what are they?

Comments

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    edited November 2020

Something to do with the generators would be the best in my opinion. like having to scavenge parts for them in junk piles throughout the trial. Which would allow you to progress on the generator.

Obviously gen times would need to be tweaked but overall I don't think it's a terrible idea.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited November 2020

I made a thread a while ago about having easter eggs scattered in the map that grants Offerings. Survivors' rewards would be Bloodpoints and Mist offerings. Killer offering no restriction. Killer would get rewarded based on how many eggs survivors found.. 4 survivors, 4 offering levels.

0 eggs found by survivors = purple offering rewarded

1 egg found = green offering

2 eggs = yellow

3 eggs = brown

4 eggs = nothing

I'd make them less noticeable than chests and the crown statues from the last event.. like an actual easter egg..

In general though, unless it's a mandatory secondary objective, i doubt anyone's going to do it.. ie totems

• Spider175
    Spider175 Member Posts: 40

I think the idea of finding parts is a nice idea but I'd prefer just making Generators more interactive. Instead of a QTE give Generators a set of random different minigames to complete kinda like Among Us but obviously more suited to DBD. If you complete a game within a certain time you get a boost of progress. If you fail the task or mess up something the gen regresses. If you complete the minigame without making any mistakes but after the time expires it just progresses like normal like a good skill check. Sorry if this is changing the subject but that's how I'd approach this before adding other objectives to the game is to make the Survivor objective better and more fun.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,103

Since they basically are adding killer secondary objectives (breakable walls) survivors should also get something equally as annoying.