The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors are pissy all the time because button mashing is tedious

DarkWo1f997
DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
edited October 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Guys seriously, mashing a button to keep participating in the match is not
fun. “Not getting caught” is no excuse for something not being fun. Please get rid of the worst part of survivor play, the button mashing, and have us hold a button instead. 

EDIT: I AM REFERRING TO THE STRUGGLE PHASE. 

I’m sure everyone can at least agree that KYF is eons more fun because all of the competitive tension is gone, and both parties respect eachother. I usually slug 3 out of 4 of my friends, and allow them all to heal and recover (mainly because they get their asses handed to them if I hook) but it’s not fun because we changed the rules, it’s more fun because there’s more opportunity for player interaction. 

More chances to practice and learn the game, it’s nothing but fun, and the fun is amplified 100x if you play drunk. 

PS, it’s my birthday. Just turned 20. A young Bubba. 

Post edited by DarkWo1f997 on

Comments

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    I've very rarely played survivor but I can only imagine how horrible it is to button mash constantly. I don't think anyone would miss those mechanics if they were changed. 

Also happy birthday to you! 
  • DarkWo1f997
    I've very rarely played survivor but I can only imagine how horrible it is to button mash constantly. I don't think anyone would miss those mechanics if they were changed. 

Thank you! And I’m glad you agree. I play survivor every few matches of killer. Being hooked is fine, mashing a button for 30 seconds only to die makes me resent survivor play. 
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199

Thank you! And I’m glad you agree. I play survivor every few matches of killer. Being hooked is fine, mashing a button for 30 seconds only to die makes me resent survivor play. 
    I think each hook phase lasts 60 seconds actually. And the struggle isn't the only button mashing a survivor has to do either. Attempting to escape the killers grasp also has that at least on PC anyway. I understand what the devs were going for with them but as I said if someone only plays survivor that button mashing must be the worst part of average matches. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Happy birthday fellow Bubba society member, mines coming up this month also. I wonder how many others are as well.

I do agree that button mashing needs to be removed in favor of a simply hold this key down type of thing. There'd certainly be less frustration and broken keyboards/controller buttons.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

The button mashing for wiggling makes sense, though I agree that it's tedious for struggle. I don't know what I can suggest to be an alternate to button mashing for struggling, but for wiggling, I can suggest a few things for alternate controls while on the killer's shoulders.
    W key - press and hold to fill the meter needed to break free.
    S key - press and hold to slow down the killer's movement speed by a small percentage.
    A key - press and hold to force the killer to drift to the left.
    D key - press and hold to force the killer to drift to the right.

Boil Over would greatly increase the drift to the left or the right, while Iron Grasp would reduce the drift to either side.

• DarkWo1f997
    CoolAKn said:

The button mashing for wiggling makes sense, though I agree that it's tedious for struggle. I don't know what I can suggest to be an alternate to button mashing for struggling, but for wiggling, I can suggest a few things for alternate controls while on the killer's shoulders.
    W key - press and hold to fill the meter needed to break free.
    S key - press and hold to slow down the killer's movement speed by a small percentage.
    A key - press and hold to force the killer to drift to the left.
    D key - press and hold to force the killer to drift to the right.

Boil Over would greatly increase the drift to the left or the right, while Iron Grasp would reduce the drift to either side.

Wiggling is fine. Struggling should be hold the space bar / Button to struggle. That way, if you wish to die, simply let go of the key. 
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Happy Birthday!!! And I completly agree with you, the button mashing sucks and it should be replaced with holding a button or something instead.
  • DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

They just need to remove the limits on the wiggle so it can actually be effective and not capped out. The hook struggle yeah do away with that one