I'm Quitting. It was Fun while it lasted.

Options

I just cant stand the level of toxicity in this community anymore. I should not have to block messages from all people because I get too much hate mail. I should not be getting threats of being banned from PS4 network simply because I want to be nice every once and a while and let new players win so that they actually enjoy the game and want to engage in it further. I hate when I am the killer, people crouch rapidly to indicate a "teabag" meaning you're a trash killer, get off this game.

I really, really loved playing this game as Horror is one of my all time favorite genres but enough is enough. There's only so much abuse one can take. I'm sure I'll receive the same amount of hate in this post as I get in-game after I post it.

You guys have fun. I hope you continue to love this game as I once did. Peace be with you.

Comments

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589
    Options

bye

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Good night

• Vesther
    Vesther Member Posts: 4
    Options

Huh. In my book crouching rapidly was a thank you or "cheers" in this game.

Never had an issue with the community on Pc.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options
  • RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

Take care of yourself

Hopefully you find something you enjoy

• SwoleyJesus832
    SwoleyJesus832 Member Posts: 10
    Options

A point everyone already knows. What's next the sky is blue?

• yeahboi
    yeahboi Member Posts: 11
    Options

My dudes, have you guys played any competitive Game before? Animation spamming and post game banter is the least toxic thing in this world oml

• thereals3vin
    thereals3vin Member Posts: 24
    Options

I hear you my guy. This community is one of the worst there is. I play the game because I like it. But it sure as hell isn't to make friends here. Some of the people you run unto are absolute pieces of crap. Go find another game where the community is more positive because there's something about a community where killing each other being the objective makes people garbage.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

@nightmare8923 My Xbox Huntress got so many reports (bad sportsman, cheating etc.) my reputation went to "avoid me" once on my profile. Best thing you can do is to activate crossplay. Nice side effect is, no more salty messages. Even tho i miss them from time to time, especially the GGs.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

You don't deserve this in anyway I am sad to say we didn't meet in the fog. I for one would of said thank you for the game and playing so well.

I to play alot like you fair and with nothing I would consider to be rude unfair I live for fun games for everyone involved in my lobby's. But you get hate it's sad to see makes no sense.

I have had some thank yous tho and I treasure those players.

Keep your head up 🐷💖 much respect!

• SandS_Hero
    SandS_Hero Member Posts: 29
    Options

Yeah I get it dude, I took a break right after blight came out. I have only started playing again recently for the Halloween event, and even now it's only for a few matches a week.

Couldn't take the constant toxicity but I still play in smaller doses. Honestly once my ranks fell down it was more fun.

• Amber351
    Amber351 Member Posts: 33
    Options

I completely understand. Sometimes this game is too much. Good luck ❤️

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Why quit and give those losers another victory? I say ignore them entirely. Play the game and get your revenge in the match. Don't let it tilt you. Don't go red hot, go white hot. Channel it properly. I'm not going to argue with you and try to convince you to stay. That is all on you. I just don't know why you would let a vocal minority of losers drive you away from something you enjoy. Don't blame that on them. If you go, that's on you.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

How come you get all the profile comments?!

I turned mine on like a month ago and I play Killer for several hours per day, and I've gotten exactly 1 DBD comment.

Even the crazy guy who ranted at me until the chat server died didn't leave a comment. :(

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Quick! Everyone rush his wall. :) I play Killer all the time too and nobody has bothered my wall with complaints about my play either. I get some hate mail about posts though.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Take a break 👍️😀

If not later gator🖖🙂

• CaterPuppy
    CaterPuppy Member Posts: 3
    Options

I agree. The game isnt very good tbh.

Its mostly soy boys who refer to themselves as "mains". Survivor mains mostly who have no idea they have so much advantage afforded to them its nearly skill-less to play survivor compared to killer. They feel entitled to having fun at the expense of another player (killer) and if you do anything to get in the way of them being little s**** on voice coms you are a pos. I was rank one on both sides at one time and have no desire to return. Game is dying

• piggypablo
    piggypablo Member Posts: 102
    Options

Don't announce your leaving, just leave.

• DJDHS123
    DJDHS123 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I get it but when I tea bag it's not because I'm being toxic its because i am a rlly ######### player and when I've been out done or I can attempt to loop I use it as a way of saying I give up hit me.

• Jennguinofdoom
    Jennguinofdoom Member Posts: 3
    Options

It's all about attitude! C'mon, don't quit. This game is fantastic! I played survivor for so long before picking up killer. Playing killer is fun but survivors do insanely toxic #########. I'm not good as killer yet so I've decided that the best course of action for toxic survivors is to meet them with the same toxic behavior. I camp, down the survivors right off the hook, stab them while they're on the hook, you know. They think they can be the only toxic ones and get away with it. I love it, personally. Toxic killer is the easiest way to win as killer but I'm not toxic unless they are first. Also never put on survivor friendly perks, lol. Survivors aren't friendly.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

Soooo see you in the fog in a 2 weeks when you remember you can just make your messages private, easy peasy. ❤

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    Options

I don't think I'll ever fully quit playing the game but I definitely takes breaks every now and then. I'm actually taking a break right now and playing Fable 2 again. But yeah the toxicity can really suck but I hope you take a break and hopefully pick it up again sometime in the future

• Deckergirl
    Deckergirl Member Posts: 39
    Options

People don't harass the wealthy.

Been playing with my games public for a while & only gotten one GG since. Which was my first GG ever.

Still. Playing killer is bad for my anxiety knowing meh, it could still happen.

But if hate mail isn't just another opportunity to laugh at other peoples mistakes, my friend, not only did someone find you worth spending time on. But they talked to you,

& that much we should all be grateful for

Just report it & move on.

• pandagamer1616
    pandagamer1616 Member Posts: 11
    Options

People probably say that stuff to you because you play boring.

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593
    Options

Don't quit use their rage against them I let them message me then use their own patheticness to crush them further I bring a mori survivors cry and moan when they all have fancy torches I just use that against them if two or more of you bring a torch I'm gonna bring a mori end of and what's better is when you leave that one alive and it's the weakest link in the game that really gets the clickers annoyed

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

People say it no matter what. Even when I specifically go out of my way to make the game 'fun' for survivors (who will still have no problems BMing me the whole game) they will find something to complain about. A few days ago I played like 10-15 super toxic games, then I played 1 very nice game, and ironically got the most salty messages from the nice game.

I just play how I want these days. If it's in the game I am using it.

• Penguin8Cake
    Penguin8Cake Member Posts: 3
    Options

Just play the game. This isn't highschool, it doesn't matter if people bully you. If you like the game and the game mechanics, great! Please keep playing. If not, dont play. The game is just doing gens. If you dont find the gen repairs while looking around to be fun or relaxing, then survivor isnt for you.

If hide and go loop isnt fun, killer isnt for you.

These are the game mechanics, if you want something that is simply a solid game, go play some pixel art indie games. Hyperlight drifter, FTL, Hollowknight. There's not a single toxic person there. Except the slugs, their whole race is toxic ^w ^

• Vesther
    Vesther Member Posts: 4
    Options

Yeah i understand the reasoning, in almost every other game thats what it means but in this game for some reason it doesn't seem to be the case from what i've seen.

When I heal someone, they bounce up and down a couple times to say thanks, when the killer lets them escape they do the same.

I wish they'd add a thumbs up emote in game :D

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

And some people like human interaction. Quit putting others down for their choices of expressing their feelings. Yeah posting crap like this is dumb, but he has a right to post it and let his feelings be known, this is a community not a segregated city where you discriminate others.

• Brightened
    Brightened Member Posts: 307
    Options

Gotta have thicker skin...

• Brightened
    Brightened Member Posts: 307
    Options

I'll be sure to leave you a -rep comment if I run into you <3

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Just ignore them or block it.. I usually just laugh at them. You let them run you off from the game you just prove their point and they win. They got to make you quit the game so they never have to deal with whatever you did again.