Whats something petty you do when you get stomped?

Be honest! I'll either use a mori next game or just face camp since I already lost a pip i'm usually ok with losing another after. Half the games I play i get brutal killer with a 3k so pips dont really matter anymore.

Comments

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

I just play the same killer again in a normal way. Otherwise I usually switch killers every match.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I just take a short break to do something else for a little bit. Might listen to music, read, doodle, watch a movie, etc.

I've found that things tend to only get worse if I'm queueing into trials while still frustrated from an earlier one. Better to cool the jets first so I can play smarter in the next match.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

Petty? Not much, really. Usually if I get stomped it just kind of irritates me so I'll take a break and play something else for a bit.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I look back at my mistakes, see what I could've done better and then move on to the next because 9 times out of 10 it's entirely down to you. Not to perks, not to SWF, but you as a player...is this not petty enough?

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Nothing really? I'll just stop playing killer if I get seriously stomped, either play something different or play Survivor.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I don't do anything petty. Usually I review the video to see where I went wrong, i.e. what could I have done better. The only person at fault when I lose is me, so if I wanted to be petty with myself I suppose I could go take an ice cold shower and punish myself? :)

• herrik666
    herrik666 Member Posts: 191

It's not that hard to be an actual man and say gg when the match ends. Admiting your mistakes is the best way to get better

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I just think "unlucky", try to figure out where I could have done something better and move on.

Personally I see no point in taking it out on the next opponent(s). The whole idea behind that leaves a sour taste in my mouth as well as it's so common to see people doing it say it's fine when they do it while at the same time seething if their opponent(s) do something similar in return. That kinda hypocrisy just makes me want to stay at least a billion lightyears away from that mindset 😄

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

I say GG and enjoy the feeling of playing against a skilled opponent.

• Uncharted
    Uncharted Member Posts: 136

Hey, don't be that guy. By doing that you're only contributing to the cycle of toxicity we're very desperately trying to put an end to.

The survivors you're lashing out at are human beings too. If they get facecamped / tunneled into mori off first hook, there's a good chance they're breaking out the DS/UB combo the next match. I've been on the receiving end of it and I had to remind myself that whoever I get matched with next has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, if I get stomped I think of what I could've done better, and acknowledge that I'll win some and lose some.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

nothing? its just a game, if i get stomped i use it as a learning experience

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,375

Vote 1 circle for the "Did you have fun?" at the top of the scoreboard.

I don't think it does anything.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

as I play way too much blight I never seem to get stomped anymore, at most within the past 50 games I have probably had 2 exit gate escapes (not counting hatch closed exit gates) but to be honest if I see a key 2-3 games in a row I will bring an ebony mori just because I find keys annoying and seeing 2 on a bad day or 3 on a good day in a row is just too much

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Not take it out on the next group, unless it's the same survivors again.

Like, why make someone pay for someone else's behaviour? Likewise, when I get survivors who played well in a match yet died in a row, i'll let them farm.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

When survivors try hard and pr BM all along, i just say in the end game that they are sad survivors and move on

People often asks killers to consider survivors fun with the camp/tunnel/mori stuff, but the other way around is true too, there are survivor perks/startegies and maps that allows for an easy win and a bit of try hard (like.... the Thompson farm maps having insane loops for 3/4 maps, or ormond, even tho i love it, or haddonfiel)

Cause you know, its fun to everyone when the killer cant find a survivor and never hit/down one apparently ?

I dont ask for easy games or for farming all the time, but you can have fun together without being a try harder (and every one do get more BP then)

But eh, this is DBD, so of course you get stomped, you wrote a salty message and bring only moris afterward

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Block everyone

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 457

I'll rate a match 1 circle on the "did you have fun" meter.

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345

Phone their parents and tell them to put the alcohol down and go raise their children properly.

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
  • shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

So I had a game yesterday and I play as pig and from what I could tell they were a team. I usually just go about my business and play and dont taunt or anything like that. But there was this Steve and he kept jumping out of lockers on me .....over and over and over like no matter where I was. Now I did not get stomped this game but it could have gone sideways fast if I lost my cool. I killed his whole team and saved that Steve for last and just left him on the floor and crouched on him and let him bleed out and finally pick him up and taunt all the way to the hook and killed him.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2020

Mori game.

Not that it really makes me feel *much* better, but hell, I have more of them than any other Offering by far... and if they're not for making the next lot of survivors experience a miserable game after you got sent to Haddenfield by a toxic SWF with OoO, what the hell is it for?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Nothing, me doing petty behavior usually bothers me more than the ones affected by it...

Well okay, idk how they feel about it, but i have fun playing in my way, so whether i get stomped or not, i'll try to keep having fun my way.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Pull out Silent Bell Wraith or Infinite T3 Myers.

• Kjetrr
    Kjetrr Member Posts: 43

Grab my sketchbook and draw naked people. Aggressively.