Is it rude to farm as a killer?

Options

How do you guys feel about a killer that comes in bouncing and nodding for a freebie game? Does it feel like a waste of time or are you grateful for the bp boost? Is it only acceptable when someone brings a bps or birthday cake?

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    Options

You could get banned for it.

I would not play as a friendly farmer Killer, Tho I would see if Survivors wanting to farm, idd play in a non-optimal way so everybody can get some fun. Like intentionally take pallets to the face and so on. Nothing wrong about being a bad Killer, but that friendly killer gameplay could be.

• MrBifkin
    MrBifkin Member Posts: 17
    Options

I have farmed alot of games. If i've completely dunked on the survivors and they are still five gens and i've hooked them all twice I feel bad for them. I'll let them smash pallets on me and finish the gens. I don't care about rank, if they seem like they have given up completely I usually just let them have the game. If they are still trying to play normally i'll still chase and hook though.

I wouldn't purposely drag the game out though, if they are still trying then I'm still trying.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November 2020
    Options

No? If a survivor doesn't want to farm they can just do gens and leave ASAP.

The real clowns are the ones that get mad at someone for doing exactly that, as farming is kinda inherently voluntary. A killer that doesn't want to do it can kill, a survivor that doesn't want to do it can leave as fast as possible.

EDIT: Unless it's "forced" of course. Like a killer refusing to kill a survivor with basically no chance of escaping (last one left, hatch closed, that sorta thing) to get them points by refusing to kill them in any way and constantly downing them or whatever. But that counts as "forcing" the farming I'd imagine, which isn't allowed.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

I don't think it's rude. It's just boring. As long as you don't force, as in grief, someone who doesn't want to partake, then it's allowed.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I don't mind farming if match gone wrong and killer just let us farm. If killer farming from match start I usually want to end it as fast as possible and escape. Unless I doing some ridiculously hard challenge. Next level of tome will be available tomorrow and it has much hard challenges for survivors.

• Rhymewriter
    Rhymewriter Member Posts: 37
    Options

I only farm if it's really early and two people rage quit. It's rare but often I see it as, the game is screwed and no one is really going to have fun at this point so let's just make nice and get something out of it. Surrender games are dumb and boring and I really get nothing out of it. I've even had games where I get 2-3 close hooks and they all suicide on hook so I spend the next 5 minutes(though one guy took me 15 hiding in a locker) to drag the last guy to the hatch.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326
    Options

Nope. I farm sometimes especially during bloodhunt but I don't always make it obvious.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

It's good on occasion

Just not all the time

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

No. beeing a friendly killer and doing farming rounds is not bannable.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

Yeah, I got forced to farm before crossplay. I didn't enjoy it at all because there was no warning, killer just decided they wanted to farm and I didn't know what was going on! Until they messaged me to say thanks for farming with them.

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376
    Options

I think you would do well to use my strategy:

Play like normal but watch hook states. if you down someone on death hook then pick them up and patrol. when they wiggle off don't chase them, just keep patrolling.

this results in getting max BP in every category except sacrifice for you, normally at least 1 pip, and 0 end game salt. Survivors can easily get max BP this way since they get survival points for wiggling off, hook rescues, won chases, and can finish all the gens. Plus everyone gets to play the game as intended, no boring killer smacks gens, pallets, thin air and anything else that isn't a survivor

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92
    Options

Depends on what challenge I'm doing but I love when Killers want to farm and play around, expecally Ghost face, Pig and Hillbilly, they are adorable and I love them.

Also Amanda's and Billy's who are farming are more likely to let you boop the snoot and thats the best.

Leatherface is the only one I really don't enjoy farming with, one they freak me out, two half the time they turn on us and we end up dead anyways.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I think most casual players enjoy a farm. I play both sides, I rarely get farming killers. When I farm as killer most survivors are willing to farm and are thankful. I think it’s a wholesome thing but it gets ruined by killers who fake farm then kill everyone, makes a lot of survivors have trust issues

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 370
    Options

As a survivor I don't mind when I come across a killer just standing in one spot swinging his weapon. I farm my points and then I'm on my way.

As a killer I only really did it once for the recent hillbilly challenge to down 4 survivors in one trial. I suck with the chainsaw sprint so I just walked around revving and not chasing anyone. Whenever someone got curious and approached me I downed them and walked away so they could be healed. Thankfully I was able to down 4 before they all got away.

I've never intentionally fake farmed, though one time I had an IRL issue just as the match was starting so I was AFK for a few minutes. When I came back a couple survivors were just dancing around me. They probably weren't too happy when I actually started playing, but I think they all got away anyway because by then the gens we're pretty much completed.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    edited November 2020
    Options

I personally find farming really boring, and as a killer I will only ever do it if more than one person disconnects early on. As survivor, honestly, I rather DC than farm. I play the game for fun, not for points.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

I've seen many games where 1 survivor DC in first minute, and it just naturally turns into a farming game for everyone else that is still there.

I'm still new enough I need millions of BP due to the grind and have no problems farming.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited November 2020
    Options

Super boring and a complete waste of time. It's more efficient to play games normally. You're not going to get that many more points from farming. Farm games take way too long and points max out in each match. I can easily get 30k in a normal 8 minute game or 32k in a 13 minute farming slog. Why would I farm? But most importantly, because I can't stress this enough. It's so insanely boring.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

If a killer wants to farm I'm getting all the gens done as soon as possible and leaving. Complete waste of time and so utterly dull and pointless. I'd usually DC but that's hardly an option anymore is it?

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

I usually prefer to just play normally, but I'm okay with farming if it's voluntary. If I'm not in the mood for it, I'll just do the gens and leave to get into another match.

If the farming is forced (meaning the killer won't let you die or finish the gens), then it turns into a hostage situation, which isn't fun.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

Yeah I had a Dweight with Bond working with a Bubba who lead the killer to every Survivor chain dowing, mending and hooking each Survivor till we where all dead, the Bubba then let the Dweight go.

Forced farming is just a complete dick move.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

My tactic is get everyone on a hook to second phase before befriending them! I always do my best to get them hooked but I freak out when the survivors don't save them because I don't want that player to have a bad time. But there have been some amazing matches where killers come in after hooking us and just kinda hang out while the last gen is done. It's great! So, try following that method and if they call you a bb killer just move on :)!