Ultra Rare Survivor Specific add ons

Options
stvnhthr
stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Right now all survivors are interchangeable with teachable perks, any survivor can use any build. How about balancing the game a bit and give survivors ultra rare add-ons like killers have? So Claudette could have something like ultra fast heals or Nea could have no exhaustion balance landing. Give the survivor add-ons which are specific to their unique Perks. It could make the game more interesting and challenging. Most of the junk you get on the bloodweb is useless or has minor impact on the game.

Seriously some of the stuff killers get is insane in making the game unbalanced. Mike gets unlimited tier 3? Yeah try countering that. But with a little balance the killers could be forced to work instead of just using endless clutch add-ons.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605
    Options

Would definitely love to see something to make survivors unique. So that they're not just skins but actual survivors. Just like every killer is unique in their own way

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226
    Options

I don't see the idea working out. The issue with it is it'll create a meta "survivor" to play. Right now theres no actual best survivor because they are all equal (besides the small things like darker skins, quiter survivor etc).

Adding a specific survivor only addon though would break that. Suddenly all those Tapp or Jane mains would have to decide over the look of there character, or playing the character that has the best addon for there prefered play style.

Then theres the need to balance 20+ brand new survivor addons, as well as implementing them. How would they work with items and there addon, If a killer is usuing Franklin's demise and hits a survivor with the addon but no item etc. Its just much too much hassle to introduce

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101
    Options

It'd be nice to give playing different survivors a purpose. I don't think BHVR could pull it off, as much as I believe in them. But if they ever do, it'll be quite a day.

• Creepa99
    Creepa99 Member Posts: 80
    Options

Playing killer is far more difficult than killer so obviously strong add-ons are going to be a thing. Only bs addon is Iri Head. You can't just make na add-on where the entire power of a killer one shots someone unless you have to work for the one shot like Myers, Ghostface, Oni.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

I'd like that too, because I only play Tapp or Quentin because they both come from horrors, although I only play Quentin because I love his actor.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    edited November 2020
    Options

No, while it would be nice it would immediately throw ANOTHER wrench into the balancing issue that still is DBD.

You first introduce a Survivor meta and more flak towards players who play a certain Survivor for any and all reasons.

Next you now have to make sure every add on actually properly works with other add ons and don't break in some way with every update afterwards.

Balancing would be the biggest issue, you can't make every add on perfectly balanced while keeping them unique, Licensed Survivors would have their add ons very cautiously balanced because you say give Laurie an add on for a free 2nd Decisive Strike and that'll REALLY look Pay 2 Win because you can only get her with real cash, and if anything needs balanced who knows how long it would take amongst everything else that needs looked at.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

It's a neat idea, but I don't see it working. It could really screw with the precious M E T A, and good survivors would only take the best Survivor Add-Ons. No exhaustion Balanced Landing on Haddonfield sounds like hell.

Also, Infinite Myers isn't that bad. I'd rather go against a Infinite T3 Myers than a Freddy, ever. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's getting a Add-On pass.

• stvnhthr
    Options

I think most folks are missing the point of the term Ultra Rare. Meaning is highly uncommon, rare. It would not break the game because it would effect a small percentage of games. I did not say do away with teachables, it would not change how most people play their games. It would be for a unique once in awhile change of play.

It would be fun and give the killers the same "oh snap!" moments in game when they figure out a Survivor played an Ultra Rare, sort of how Survivors feel when they get hit once and moried. Like, "I did not see that coming."

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I mean... Eh. Most of the Ultra Rares in this game are currently being reworked to make them less powerful, and with the Mori, the Survivor's know it's coming. There are only a few hidden offerings for killer, and odds are it's a Mori. Ultra rare also seems to mean "kinda rare" in this game, I swear I get 2 or 3 in every single bloodweb.

I just think at the end of the day, it'd basically give the Survivor's a 5th perk. For your comparison to the killer Ultra Rares, most of them are either completely useless, see PH and Oni, or are known problems and are probably going to get an add-on pass. We know Huntress is getting one, probably doing away with Iri head, and they talked about Myers getting one eventually. Only a few killers have Ultra Rares that aren't OP or Terrible, probably like Wraith, Ghostface. Would it be fun? Hell yes it would be.

But it'd also be incredibly unbalanced. That's just my two cents though.

• stvnhthr
    Options

Exactly what I am thinking. Sort of like how sports teams tailor their games to each team they play; this game they know defense is going to be key, or they have to concentrate on a different offense. It seems like it would add unique play possibilities as opposed to using the same strategy every time.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Just make them abilities:

A slight boost to the core attributes that survivors have

Even more they can then be put into roles to match their perks/ abilities

It's too much to go through them all but everyone kinda already knows what to expect

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Yeah, kind of a mini speed boost for Meg after doing Gens, faster Healing Speed for Claud. Like in Friday, all have different abilities and uniqueness.

• crow13312013
    crow13312013 Member Posts: 61
    Options
  • stvnhthr
    Options

Something like that. All perks max out at level 3, but what if survivor's unique perks could have a level 4 rare ad-on which only the original survivor could use? So my Nea has self care 3 and would never have access to an add-on for it, but Claudette with this hypothetical add-on could occasionally have self-care level 4 which would give her a unique self-care advantage like one time instant heal or healing at %300 percent speed. By keeping the perks unique to each survivor it would never allow you to have a player with superman like abilities in all areas.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I also had an idea like that...

It will end up being a few survivors being used (and the devs will have to add pick rates and survival rates on all survivors)

I think the best way is to have abilities (like Dwight having Bond- Prove Thyself or Leader) on by default... but can only pick one

Dwight's Abilities:

Bond: Survivors auras are revealed within 10m

Prove Thyself: 5% bonus repair speed while more then one survivor are repairing

Leader: Increases action speed by 3% within 5m

Something like that... also create a stacking effect when the perk and ability are used

• bobby_trippe
    bobby_trippe Member Posts: 8
    Options

I had an idea of a "stock" game mode were killers and survivors could only use their unique perks, no ad-ons only passive offerings; no mori, no maps. "Stock" matches not based on rank or effect rank.

This alternate game mode could be something that changes from chapter to chapter.

• stvnhthr
    Options

I like this idea. I think the Devs could come up with a few interesting game modes while sticking true to the spirit of the game. Alternate game modes could have higher bloodpoint rewards. Something like two killers and eight survivors would be a hoot or play til you die where when the gates open they lead into another match and you just keep joining new games or even running into existing games.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Your examples aren't the best but I could see this working. Here are some of my examples:

Claudette - Ultra Rare Medkit add-on: Survivors healed a full health state by this medkit both see your aura and have their aura revealed to you for the rest of the trial.

Jake - Ultra Rare Toolbox add-on: You are notified when the killer alerts animals within 32m of generators being repaired by this toolbox. 10 second cooldown.

Nea - Ultra Rare Flashlight add-on: Survivors holding this flashlight have their stagger duration from falls reduced by 50%(does not stack). 60 second cooldown.

Something like this seems fine to me, what do you guys think?

• Hoosierpapi5
    Hoosierpapi5 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Although that would be cool the devs have to work on other problems with the game before they even start thinking about this. If they did do this they should just get rid of ultra rare addons altogether or survivors would be way too op.

• stvnhthr
    Options

The question was asked how often do you come up against a Mikey with unlimited tier 3. From my observation it is somewhere between 30%-60% of the time. In an hour of play against 4 Mikeys it was two of them. So it is a very common add-on which must pop up all the time in Mikey's bloodweb. So even though it is called an ultra rare perk, it should be called super common.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I believe that the game is too far down the path it is currently in to work something like this into it. If they wanted to differentiate Survivors from each other, they should have done so MUCH earlier into the game's lifespan.