The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What is your favorite item?

Fog_King
Fog_King Member Posts: 688

As survivors, there are 6 different types of items, so what is your favorite to use?

What is your favorite item? 79 votes

Firecracker
12%
Jacoby2041GeneralVMookssourglobebm33FobboAzxx93SOMENINJANAMEIWasLeft2Die[Deleted User] 10 votes
Flashlight
20%
Melvinanonymous31337PadafuScary_Punk_GhostDawnMadTatariuRothlon[Deleted User]notstarboardTheEntityNeaTripleStealZestyGannTMClownIsUnderratedJayTheEntitymissjay 16 votes
Key
6%
Science_GuyTaigaHydrantGay_Police_DeptNathan13 5 votes
Map
7%
AdelooF60_31EsperiaePlantCollectorThicc_Boi_MyersSCP_FOR_DBD 6 votes
Med-Kit
41%
SchinderellaFog_KingUnnamed_FreakBoosted_DwightShapedAdirom175fairfieldisms[Deleted User]animalmakAxeAwkward_FiendSlashstreetboyIceryUndershotDr_Emaralddoglover53647Pior_MorteDerZuntorKateDensonMain3331RepostRiposte 33 votes
Toolbox
11%
TapeKnotDetailedDetrimentSebaOutbreakBassTramBitingSeaHex_LlamaTheButcher6641cindlemainMidievalfantasy 9 votes

Comments

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Map

I love me some good old info.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152
    Firecracker

Love firecrackers. Wish they were regular item.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Med-Kit

Selfcare but useful

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Med-Kit

Medkits because it's nice to have if I need to heal and no one is around/helpful.

And usually if I don't have a medkit (or a good toolbox), I go in empty-handed.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133
    Med-Kit

I always feel more secure with a medkit.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    Firecracker

For usefulness it would be Medkits but firecrackers (and flashlights) at least add something different to the game.

Medkits are just faster heals and selfcare, toolboxes are just Sabotage perk and faster repair (+ they are a joke). Maps and keys are.. ok but boring..

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,778
    Flashlight

But I still think medkits are the most useful survivor item

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252
    Toolbox

Toolbox. Gives me that extra boost I need to start a generator.

• Hydrant
    Hydrant Member Posts: 36
    Key

Keys's are fun but I made one rule for myself. Only. Take. Keys. From. Chests. It's the RNG that makes it fun. Not using a key. Dropping a key.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Med-Kit

Flashlights/firecrackers are fun and all but nothing beats the sheer efficiency of a med-kit.

People always talk about the invincibility of DS/UB on a good team but bringing 4 ranger med-kits can be very oppressive as well. Might as well pull your ethernet cable if a coordinated group decides to put down the beamers and bring the best items they have.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Med-Kit

My favorite item is the med-kit. I used to love to use toolboxes, but with the nerf, they are not as useful, so if I have to choose one item to use in a trial, it's a med-kit.

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332
    Toolbox

For bringing an item in it's a toolbox for me, if my team's getting in a terrible spot or if I'm missing like 2-3 seconds before the killer gets to me and pops the gen or ruin saps it dry, I can use the toolbox to get me that time that I needed.

For plundering it's a key, much better feeling than bringing it in

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998
    Key

My goal whenever I run my Plunderers' build is to escape with a key and add it to my hoard.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    edited March 2021
    Toolbox

A Rainbow Map with that add-on that lets your teammates see what you see is awesome, however that's an ultra rare item with a very rare add-on, so it's not something I run often.

So most of the time I go with toolboxes. Can be good for a sabo save and of course speeding up gens, however they're also great against killers who run Tinkerer, and we're having lots of those lately.

Usually, Killers with Tinkerer arrive just in time to prevent that gen from being completed, however if they're not near enough and you use a good toolbox after 70% of the gen's progress, you'll probably get away with it.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743
    Key

Green key to troll killers

• Flashlight

I don't mind going against them and I find them fun to use

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Med-Kit

I would say flashlights, But I'm terrible at using them. So, I'll say medkits. They are basically Self Care, But better.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Map

i would have a love a "none" option but after "none" i guess i'll say map and then medkit, because medkit are the most powerful item in the game