Yui is lesbian, right?

13»

Comments

• Slunkster
    Slunkster Member Posts: 83

No, yui is a biological man that identify as a woman.

• piggypablo
    piggypablo Member Posts: 102

I bet Yui has scissored Nea, Meg and Claudette to completion. Fan fic writers get started on this!

• icareaboutstories
    icareaboutstories Member Posts: 16

Well that would most likely be the best way of handling anythings. Since it would allow everyone to have their own way of handling things and let it be true, in their personal cannon. Since to point to disney star wars, alot of shippers were not very happy with the way Rei and Klyo were handle. They sort of got what they wanted but not in the way they wanted. While leaving it up to everyone own mind, would allow them to picture it the way they desire 100%. Which is much better than other ideas in this thread that are more or less akin to burn the witch and shove their point of view down everyone's throat.

Well I seen alot of war and action genre focus pieces of media. That lack any romance, yet logically these characters had to come from some where. It seems like yes straight people exist, even if they don't say it in the story or show it. Since well a story focus on war, will sometimes purely focus on the front line fighting. Yet it wouldn't make much sense, for us to go with they didn't show it, so it doesn't exist. Since these people had to be born somehow and these pieces of media are base on our own world. Since everything else is like our world, in the case of these stories base on our own reality. It would only make sense, to think everything else works the same as our own world. Since a story only has so much time like in the case of a movie or even in other pieces of media, only has so much spot light it can focus on, it needs to leave things that are not important out, since a car I think everyone knows how it works and doesn't need it to be explained to them, when it could be used on more important story elements. Which something that is on going like dead by daylight and with the way the rifts work, they can always make sure everyone gets their own focus. That and when it comes to repsentation, to truly repsentation people. You need more than they are just gay. Since there is a slice of life show I watch, which has a gay couple. They act like a real couple, they are not just gay. They have disagreements, they get into trouble. They raise a child. They act like real people. Which is often what representation demands forget. The reason people relate to others, is due to who they are. Not what they are. People are not robots or part of some human mind that all act the same. That and I could add in a gay character to something, doesn't make it better. Same for a straight character, their sexually doesn't make something better. You have to put effort into it, to truly make it better. Otherwise any character who is straight would be beloved as Peter Parker or Like Luke Skywalker used to be before disney got their hands on him. Yet characters like Kirito are hated by alot of folk, due to their lack of effort or quality in the writing behind them. IF you truly want to represent someone. Do what all great classic characters did before them, flesh them out and make them feel like a real life person. For all humans are more than just gay or straight, they have a favorite drink, a meal they enjoy, things they like and dislike, not just their sexually.

Which also your final statement, conflicts it's self. You say it will make the game better but than go it has no effect on gameplay. Unless you meant story wise than fair point.

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

I hope they leave sexuality out of this game.

Its literally a game, if your part of the gay community and want to imagine your favorite character as yourself then go right ahead, but we dont need the devs labeling the characters as straight gay bi ect whatever

Its a game, you want gay characters then just imagine it. Put on your gayest cosmetics and flame away, but please dont ask the devs to make characters a certain sexuality.

I can see it now, new gay character is introduced and now someone playing killer that hates gay people just tunnels the people playing the gay survivor and delivers much more unwanted hate messages during end game. Kinda like the treatment you get if you play a p3 Claudette.

Just my thoughts, im all for expressing yourself and you doing you, but this is a video game and we should leave it just that.

A video game.

• storydove
    storydove Member Posts: 54

Thank you for the response, I shall address your last point first.

Yes it is only in regards to the story that having a gay character could improve the game. But it is subjective, meaning it is personal feelings that are correct here rather than some fact that is true for everyone. So if someone hated gay people, then the game will have just gotten worse for them. But for most people there is the potential to improve the story of the game by having one or more lgbt characters.

Regarding the war genre, it is a good example. Movies from the last century rarely featured homosexual story lines, despite there being gay soldiers who fought in those wars. Often the heterosexuality of those in the war zone is established by longing looks at a photo of their sweetheart back at home, or scenes where they leave their loved one or return after the war. As you mentioned even where their heterosexuality is not explicitly shown, then it is just assumed that everyone involved is straight. Since the majority of people live heterosexual lives, then it is a safe assumption. This is part of the reason there is a desire to come out. Otherwise there would be very little by way of representation of gay people in society. And this it is important to mention that homosexuality has only been legalized over the last fifty years, and equality is a process that is still ongoing. The word gay is used in a pejorative way by some, meaning that it is meant to refer to something that is bad. This is the type of issues that positive representation tackles. If the hero fighting the war is a lesbian or gay person, then the word gay will have this other meaning.

But to bring this back to this game. Another question that should be asked is, is it the duty of the makers of Dead by Daylight to include gay characters? No, as I see it they should mainly be concerned with making money, creating something they are proud of and entertaining the majority of the players.

Final point, I totally agree with you about the representation being meaningful, like the show you watch, having well rounded characters who happen to be gay is the goal here. Since the story aspect of this game is expanding and becoming richer, then the opportunity for the inclusion of homosexual characters increase. Does it matter to most players? I wouldn't think so. Should it be done just to fulfill a representation quota? Again I don't think so. I feel that it should be added when one of the game makers/writers gets inspired to include it, whether it is a new character or something revealed about already existing character, it doesn't matter.

Anyway I think that's pretty much everything I have to say on it, thanks again for the reply.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I personally don't mind that if one fo the characters is lesbian, gay, or LGBT at all. Just don't take it to an extreme level, I'm not a part of that community however I understand. But if its lets say nagged on about the idea that a decency of the characters are LGBT that is when I draw the line. I don't care about but I don't want it to get out of hand.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

For a majority of characters though, their past relations are left really vague. Plus tomes aren't really that accurate to the backstories of most characters i.e Julie ended up being a murderous psychopath even though in Legion's lore Frank was the one who pressured the others into joining in on killing the janitor. I don't really care if we do or don't have LGBT characters, but I also think a lot of the mystery of the game would be lost if everyone had really detailed backstories.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I guess they do want to expand their lore more and more - for both older and new characters.

and maybe these stories are actually out of multiverses and that’s how the Legion story’s fit together, who knows.

frankly I don’t really care, I just don’t want all things LGBT explicitly excluded just because while heterosexual relationships are included. I actually hope, not every char gets their sexuality revealed. Only where it fits in the story naturally.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    edited November 2020

what in the what??????

I know OP posted some stuff that was like what am I reading, but what in the what(you know what I'm talking about)????

• Chauncey
    Chauncey Member Posts: 11

Mate, you can be a strong woman that stands up for female rights AND be a lesbian.... In fact, I would even go as far to say that her being a lesbian is more motivation for her to have feminist ideals.

• Chauncey

Because it's nice to see people who are like us in media?? Hello? There's nothing wrong with that at all.

• Chauncey

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting lesbian vibes from her 👀

Would be awesome to see them confirm it

• Chauncey
    edited November 2020
  • BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

Since this is directed at me you would be correct on both counts, i haven't read the lore and i personally wouldn't be affected if they brought a LGBT character to the game.

I was simply stating my opinion that if they did bring a LGBT confirmed character to the game i could see it as an extra excuse for someone to send hate messages ect

With that being said im all for whatever they choose. Either way it doesn't effect me. I just wanna load up the game and have some fun.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited November 2020

It's "directed at you" in the sense that you're someone who said that, but you're not the only one who said it, so it was more of a general statement.

With that said, hate messages get you banned, so if this helps ######### get banned it's all the more reason to support it, IMO.

It's lore. Some people enjoy it.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I don't know if she is, but it would be ok if she was. We will see when she gets new lore in a future archive.

• FoggyWeather_
    FoggyWeather_ Member Posts: 163

She has too pretty long nails to be lesbian /s

But for real tho, let's just wait until the devs say something.

Let's see in her tome in the future

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Lesbian or not, she's my main and this won't change🥰

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Still hoping Feng Min is lesbian. I need my head cannon to be validated

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Please be respectful when commenting on this topic. I've deleted a few comments that were anything but that. Otherwise it has to be closed.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Whelp, that didn't seem to work at all. There was a chance, but people apparently can't remain respectful!

It is possible to be civil and respectful on things you think are not necessary in the game, same for things you'd like to see be added in the game, but if it comes down to attacks and fights - that's not a good to go about it, esepcially these kind of threads.

This discussion has been closed.