Rank 1 Killer + A Nurse opinion

For me, personally, I thought the day I would be a Rank 1 killer will never come. Even if it's for one match and the next time I play I will depip and I will never ever be rank 1 again, just the simple fact that for once I've been Rank 1 as a killer is one of the best feelings I've had in a long time. It feels so rewarding that finally, after all the sweat and frustration I've had playing as a killer up until now(versing survivors that literally gen-rush you to the core and just toy you around), I've reached the top spot and I can proudly say: This is the best you can be! It's such a great feeling! Of course, there's always room for improvement and perfectioning yourself over time, but whatever happens, you can never be higher than Rank 1.

It took me freaking ages to get here. 1,254 hours of gameplay to be more specific. And the way I got there was absolutely ridiculous. It all started last night laying at Rank 4 with 2 pips and then I said: let's play a match of Nurse. And from there it was history. It took me 11 consecutive matches as Nurse to get from Rank 4 with 2 pips to Rank 1(pip, pip, pip, double pip, pip, pip, pip, double pip, double pip, black pip, pip). The fact that I got it with Nurse as well is pretty mindblowing for me, considering the fact that a couple of months ago I could barely hit someone with a blink attack...And I can make a personal opinion that, if you know how to play her decently, if it's even better than decent then you're in a great spot, the Nurse is the best killer in the game. The fact that you can cut down multiple chases faster than any other killer is giving you the best advantage in this game. In a game where literally every second matters, she is the best pick out there. Very good map pressure and with the right combination of perks and add-ons and, as I said earlier, at least decent blinks, she is lethal. And it's such a nice rewarding feeling when you chain a couple of blinks to perfection and it ends up with a hit on a survivor being in a spot where he thinks he could never be hit, it motivates you even more, it gives you a morale boost that makes you play even better! It is extremely painful at the beginning until you learn her, you'll have a lot of matches where most survivors escape, but once you get the grasp of her, you will never want to switch her again. She is in a perfect spot the way she is right now. The only problem she has is around some objects which are a bit frustrating to blink through because you'll often end up not blinking at all through them(cars, rocks, hills), but it can be do-able if you slightly charge your blink a bit more than you think is the right amount. Maybe a fix here wouldn't be a problem.

The perks I've used on her to get to Rank 1: Corrupt Intervention(Mandatory), Shadowborn(also mandatory, it helps you A LOT in the blinking phase to see survivors that are hiding behind stuffs), Nurse's Calling(mandatory, it's just OP on Nurse) and Pop Goes the Weasel(but I'd take into consideration Whispers for future plays with her).

Add-ons: Heavy Panting & Kavanagh's Last Breath(Increasing maximum Blink Range and increasing Blink Charge time) + all the add-ons that reduce the time of fatigue after blinks are the best! No doubt in my mind! If you're also on a learning cusp with her, Plaid Flannel is a pretty good add-on(the one that shows you where you blink).

I hope you guys are having an equally great evening as I've had and hopefully I can challenge the most of you into the fog.😁

Comments

• TheOptimiser
    TheOptimiser Member Posts: 138

Yup, I know that. But it's a huge milestone that I've tried for so long to reach! What I need to do now is play even more and become even better so that I should try and maintain at a top spot! And try that out with various killers, if possible, if not, I can stick with the Nurse as long as it works!

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Congrats legit always good to see nurse mains get up there.

Although did it rlly take u over 1k hours to get to rank 1? I know u were playing nurse and all but it’s not like u were running a bad build. Just curious.

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92

Congrats!!!

Side note, I'm pretty sure your the nurse that murdered my group last night lol.

Seriously though, congrats and good work, nurse mains are my fav

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

First of all, everyone knows that Nurse is the best killer in the game.

Second, no perk is mandatory on Nurse except shadowborn.

Third, the arguably best Nurse build in this game is BBQ, Whispers, Shadowborn, and A Nurses Calling.

Fourth, her best addons are blink recharge.(Fragile Wheeze and Dark Cincture.)

Fifth, newer Nurses shouldn't use plaid flannel, or they'll get used to it and won't ever know blink distances without it.

Sixth, I'm very glad to see more Nurses, since she's one of my favorite killers to play against! Have fun playing her!

Seventh, what outfit do you use? I don't know what to wear lol. I usually wear Grim Veil+Reaper Wedding Dress+Bloodied Bone Cutter, but I'm bored of that and don't know what to wear.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I've tried using shadowborn on her before and it only throws me off and makes it much more awkward to take in all my surroundings before the fatigue sets in. On that note I'd argue her best perk without a doubt is BBQ since she is the only killer in the game that can get to someone before their aura disappears no matter what is between them without addons. But tbh there are a few perks that could be considered her best depending on your playstyle with her.

• TheOptimiser
    edited November 2020

@Withered8 Actually, a little bit correction: my total in-game playing time is 1,254 hours, around 65% of them spent on the survivor side and the rest of them on the killer side. But nevertheless, no matter how much I played killer, I barely managed to get to rank 5...Last month I started to climb to rank 4 then for the entire month I've been rank 4 then the past couple of evenings the miracle happened.

@hillbillyclaudmain69 I am using the Hallowed Catalyst costume since I got it last year.

EDIT: @coppersly idk if it's a stupid comparison or not, but the way I somehow perceive shadowborn is like playing shooter games(for example CS GO) on lower resolution because the character appears wider and therefore you may have an easier time shooting your opponents. Here Shadowborn for me makes it easier to see people when I blink, to track them when they run away from me and maybe even hit them when they're close to me.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Nurse can only blink 32 meters with perfectly charged blinks. So she still wouldn't reach a survivor with base kit blinks even if they were only 40 meters away. For me, shadowborn makes it ten times easier to play her, because I can see where they go on fatigue much easier, but thats not even the reason I use it. See, the reason that shadowborn is the best perk on her, is because it fixes most to all fps issues with her. I'm on ps4, so I cant even play nurse without shadowborn. I'll lag so much in my blinks that I'll be lucky to even get a hit.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Ive considered using that skin. Does the blink hand look nice, like in her medical casualty outfit?

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

I came to the conclusion that Nurse's calling isn't that good on Nurse, simply because everyone expects you to have it. Therefore people will make sure to not heal in her range.

I prefer Infectious and I'm all ears. Especially the last one is insanely good on her.

I would also say you don't need Whispers. At least I never had a problem finding people with Nurse because they have to do a gen, sooner or later.

And yeah, I agree on the add on thing. Her recharge add ons are making her even more powerful.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Youd be surprised how many downs I get with nurses. Ik that everyone expects it. Doesn't change the fact that it works a lot. I'm all ears is useful, but I dont think its as good as any of the perk I mentioned. Infectious I vowed never to use again, because I felt bad for playing THAT shameless. I use whispers to find people FASTER, because I'm at that level with her, that if I see you, youre dead, meaning that the faster i find people, the faster i down them, the faster i get more pressure, and therefore the faster gens slow WAY down.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

Well yeah, Infectious is indeed shameless if you play her well. That's true.

I might consider giving Nurse's another chance if you say it works well. The perks just felt useless in most of my games but that was one year ago when I started playing her.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

I usually get at least two hooks a match just from nurses. It may feel useless, but some people DON'T expect it for the same reason most people do: everyone uses it. Thats how I think of it, anyway.

• TheOptimiser

Very good players may avoid Nurse's calling by not healing immediately after unhooking and going somewhere else to do so. If you manage to at least spot the direction in which they go, or at least speculate, you can go in that area as well and until they heal up(if they don't have we'll make it or something to heal faster) you may detect them with Nurse's calling. And even if you don't decide to follow them, the fact that 2 players are running away without doing an objective is already a win for you, considering you're chasing someone else in the meantime. Worse case scenario, they unhook, leave the area, and start doing gens injured...

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I consistently hit people that are still visible from BBQ and the only addons I use are the recharge ones.

As for lag that sucks but what an unexpected fix for it.

• Knoop_Dogg
    Knoop_Dogg Member Posts: 18

Glad to see another nurse main doing well! A few tips I would give you is to run either whispers or bbq because the ultimate counter to nurse is stealthing. Especially with corrupt intervention good players will just stealth and wait it out. As a nurse player I’d recommend to eventually rely on map pressure with slugging and constant hooking rather than slowdown like pop and corrupt because to good coordinated players they can slam gens. Hope you do well with nurse I love her and I hope they fix her many bugs

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Yea shadowborn really helps 😆. I don't use add-ons on her at all tho

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376

I've removed shadowborn from my build since Hexy's Tournament because we're shown that the best Nurses in the world thought it's a dead perk once you master The Nurse. It's very hard to play in the beginning and make sure you're using a skin where Nurse's arms are covered by anything, but once you get used to it you'll have a free perk slot.

Also, Nurse's Calling is another dead perk against good survivors that once in Nurse's TR, will stop healing.

I agree with the fact that corrupt Intervention is necessary for early pressure and we've seen on competitive DbD that it looks mandatory.

And then we have PGTW. Which is exceptionally good on Freddy, but IMO, very bad on Nurse. Why? To explain that I have to talk about Nurse's gameplay.

Nurse's gameplay revolves around her power, who is exceptionaly great for slugging. While playing Nurse your objetive is to make everybody leave generators to go for you, instead of you going for them. You should spend your time chasing people instead of kicking generators (=losing distance). Downing 2 survivors most of the time will make gen progress stop (unless they're very commited to gens, which is a very bad thing for them if you notice a 3rd survivor and start your 3rd slugging) and will make you able to push everybody to a place that you now rule with your blinks.

That being said, I strongly recommend you to use Infectious Fright. This perk will allow you to create pressure from the very beginning of your game, and if you're good enough, you can have all team downed from your first killing spree. Things like that will happen, all the time. It's how I end 95% of my matches.

Apart from Infectious Fright and Corrupt Intervention, I feel that the other two are personal choices.

I really like Knock Out because it makes survivor panic once they know their allies can't see them if they're not close (15m). Playing against many streamers/competitive squads, I've seen that even if they're communicating their position to others, I can still buy a lot of time because they can't pinpoint locations most of the time. I don't even have to say what this perk does to survivors queueing solo, It's pure humiliation and your slugs will most likely bleed out before someone find them if they're downed in the corner.

Franklins is another personal choice. Many players go back to search for their itens once they're dropped and that will buy you time/get you kills. Feels good not needing to worry about Keys also, and DC's will rain over your matches once they discover you've got a Knock Out + Franklins combo.

Good luck on your journey! Feels good to have more Nurse mains (?) around here!

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376

Some mistakes were made while writing post above cause I'm tired, but I hope you'll understand.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

I remember when I reached rank 1 something crazy like 2 years ago. I also did it with Nurse, as I very quickly got tired of my first main Wraith. I usually played without addons and always ran BBQ, M&A, Nurse Calling, and Whispers.

It was hard, but I eventually did it and I was proud to be a rank 1 Nurse main for a little over 1 year without interruption.

I dropped Nurse long ago ever since Midwich came out. Her bugs and dedicated servers just suck all the fun out of her for me. Playing the strongest killer does not feel rewarding to me if its always a gamble whether my power works as intended or not.

Nowadays I generally only play Spirit and Huntress now. I am not the best with them, but I feel like getting way more consitent results with them, as bugs are not nearly as severe and punishing as they are with Nurse for me.

• TheOptimiser

Thank you very much for your tips, @Mercês . I will take them into consideration.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228

I'm a Nurse main. Nurse is good enough that you can 4k with BBQ as your only perk and no add ons at rank 1. Have to sweat a bit, but it can be done. It's a good way to make sure your blinks are winning your games and nothing else. I'd say Shadowborn is completely unnecessary. There are far better perks than a slight FOV increase. When I'm running a full build for public matches, I do Corrupt/Discordance/Nurses/BBQ with double recharge or no addons. Usually no add ons for the practice. For competitive/tournament games, I do Ruin/Undying/Surveillance or Tinkerer/NOED or Corrupt. Really depends on the map.