The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Theory- The player IS the Entity.

Pugpablo123
Pugpablo123 Member Posts: 115

I believe that the players/users of the game are actually the Entity. Before a match starts, the player is able to pick a survivor or killer to play as in The Trial, who then appears in a puff of black smoke and yellow sparks, all signs of the Entity. As The Entity is in complete and utter control of the Trials, it would make sense that it is choosing exactly what killers and survivors would go into it to get maximum hope output from it. Also, when playing the match, the user is able to see through the killers eyes in first person, while they can only see in 3rd person when playing as the survivor. This detail is interesting, as the red lights that emanate from the killers eyes have been confirmed to be The Entity looking through the killers eyes and controlling said killer. Meanwhile, the survivors have not lost hope yet and thus are not in the complete control of The Entity, which explains why you see them in 3rd person. That's basically all of the points I have. If any of you guys have anything that might contradict or support this theory, I would like to hear it.

Comments

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

That is....something new, wow.Good job on that theory dude!

• derperson
    derperson Member Posts: 130

I like your theory, it makes a lot of sense especially considering how perspectives are used for killers vs survivors.

But there are a few things to consider when deciding what the entity is:

• if the players were the entity then it would be genderless, but the devs refer to it as being feminine.
    • The devs indicated that the entity is separate from people participating in the trial.
    • During the blight/pustule event, the devs said that the entity is a plant, which goes with the idea of it being female as most organisms, asexual and otherwise, are initially female, and only later turn male.

I don't know if they have actually said one way directly, or another, that it's not the players, and I don't know if it's possible for it to be the players, but this kind of stuff is what makes lore fun.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

It's The Donald.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

They've said at one point that it's not the player.

• Pugpablo123

Not that I am doubting you, but do you mind showing me the video where they said that?

• Pugpablo123

Also, I am pretty sure that The Entity, not having any grounds in our world, would be outside of such things as gender, considering its more of an eldritch abomination than a carbon being that needs to reproduce. I always thought that it was referred to as an it, but its interesting that they referred to it as a she.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

My theory The entity is not the player it's the Game Devs.

Because they bring the Killers into the game. They also bring Survivors and perks and stuff into the game.

-shrugs- Just a thought?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

The Entity creates the realms, and the players don't. 🤔

• For anyone that still believes the Entity is female, the devs have confirmed that it is a gender less non comprehensive being

• Inokara
    Inokara Member Posts: 50

Crap. I just posted a theory going off the same premise with diffrent points....now I just feel like a jackass

• BIGCHUNGUSREAL
    BIGCHUNGUSREAL Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2020

chicken nuggets i had same theory...