Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Two survivors escape in hatch with no key or map and on last two gens

DjShIzz
DjShIzz Member Posts: 7
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

So. I'm currently uploading the video but I was just in a match and I was doing alright. I had the second last survivor on a hook after a chase and i was patrolling the area for the last survivor. The last survivor unhooked the hooked survivor and then instantly they both jumped in the hatch right beside the hook. I didn't see the hatch till last second in game, but when I looked at the footage I recorded because I grew suspicious, the hatch was there the whole time I was patrolling the area looking for the last survivor. They had two gens left and there were two survivors with absolutely no key or map and they escaped via hatch! Is this possible? I know they can get keys and stuff out of chests but I thought they show up post game info afterwards. Which I thought was the only way they could pull it off?

Post edited by DjShIzz on

Comments

• DjShIzz

So they got a key with an add on that can detect black locks? And open them on last two gens?

• KissingxToast
    KissingxToast Member Posts: 30

Does the key show in post game of you actually use it to escape? I thought the key disappeared if you used it to unlock the hatch.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 409

Items earned while in the trial doesn't show up at the end of the match for the other players

That's all, they've just found a key in a chest

• SaltyRainbow
    SaltyRainbow Member Posts: 87

you only see post game which items (and addons) the survivors brought into the game.

it wont show at the tally screen if they lost their item (franklyns demise) or they switched it during the trial. also items from chest during the trial are not visible at the tally screen.

one of them could just found the key in a chest and they found the hatch legit.

also you can only detect the hatch with a rainbow map, or a green map with an addon. the perk left behind shows the hatch too (to the perk owner)

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

/facepalm

• DjShIzz
    edited November 2020

Hmmmmm Coolio. I've played enough of this game but I didn't know keys work at 2&2. But then again I don't use keys as survivor so that's probably why I didn't know that. I swear I don't see a key in her hand though haha I tell ya though, That was super lucky lol but now I know so thanks for the info! Game on!

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

if they find a key in a chest, it doesn't appear in the post game.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Also, one of them run plunderers instinct, which not only shows auras of chests, but also increase the chance for a higher rarity of the item you get. I run it often, and i get a key every 2-4 games. And no, the tally screen only shows items brought into the game, not found in chests.

As the hatch was next to the hook, i think they just found it there with the key in hand.

• Cosmin262
    Cosmin262 Member Posts: 117

Ace in the hole and plunderer's,you can get at least 1 key per game.Most of the time.I used to run that build for the exact same reason

• No. Just no. You don't get to proxy camp the hell out of someone on their first hook with your ebony mori and then complain because they find a key in a chest

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 337

A key will only show if it was brought into the match, if they found the key in the match it will not show.

• DjShIzz

Proxy camp? You mean patrol the area? Like I did? What, do you survivors just want to always have it easy? I play survivors too and that is a legit thing to do. I'm not going to the end of the map when I know there is a survivor ready to unhook the second last survivor close by. That is literally the stupidest think a killer can do. Argue something that makes sense and don't complain when another's way of playing inhibits your own. That whole "Survivors Rule Book for Killers" that doesn't exist that you seem to believe that it should be the way of the game. From my understanding all the butthurt survivors who lose to me are just salty and just can't lose without them assuming I'm "cheating" like too much tunneling or too much defending hooks or using certain perks the way they're supposed to be used but I can't apparently because it impairs survivors easy win Strat gameplay. Just learn to adapt and play the game without being a salty little nib

• DjShIzz

And when did I complain anyway? This post was made because I was legit confused what happened. I have a life so I can't know every little thing about this game thank you so I came here to see what others had to say.