Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Sigh... I’m having a “I miss old Freddy” day.

Need a break from survivor.

Need a break from Clown.

I’m staring at the roster and thinking “I want to play as Freddy. No, not current Freddy. Old Freddy.”

So i’m just sitting here, staring, and thinking of turning DBD off.

Comments

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Yeah, new Freddy has too many passive buffs.

And although old Freddy’s debuff and aura reading could have been considered passive, none of that mattered if the player wasn’t ACTIVELY staying on top of putting survivors back to sleep on a regular basis.

And as far as the aura reading goes, again, that only matters if the killer is paying attention to what everyone is doing, and prioritising/switching targets accordingly.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I feel like that every time i turn the game on

• TheClownIsKing

Lol.

Missing old Freddy?

or thinking of turning it off?

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I don't really like new freddy, but I didn't like old freddy either. His main advantage was great but his main weakness was terrible. Not being able to land a hit on survivor instantly is ridiculous. Adrenaline was so annoying. Survivors could heal up and wake up after last gen done. At the end of the match old freddy was completely harmless. That make sence why his perks focused on endgame. But he was absolute king of free hits on stealthy survivors. Only sprint burst could counter this.

• TheClownIsKing

7 second transition isn’t that ridiculous. Do you know how many metres are covered in 7 seconds at 115% speed? 32.2m. So the same as a 32m TR.

So it gave EXACTLY the same “heads up” to a survivor, except the main difference is a dumb Freddy wouldn’t think about taking advantage of the intermittent visibility by staying directly behind a survivor, instead of trying to confuse the survivor and catching them with a hit where they least expect it.

• TheClownIsKing

And I also need to disagree about endgame.

The polar opposite of current Freddy, old Freddy was at his strongest after the last gen popped, PROVIDED the player knew what they were doing with Freddy.

However I will agree that Adrenaline was a big problem though.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Can't agree about endgame. Without Remember me and noed freddy often had hard time preventing gates open. Yes, it was little bit harder to wake up without gens. But when old freddy got to gates which was already almost opened he would need to drag survivor to dreamworld first. Survivor was invulnerable and free to open gates with no fear. You couldn't feel yourself more helpless with any killer in this situation.

• TheClownIsKing

That’s a big mistake many Freddy players made at endgame: not prioritising finding and putting to sleep every remaining survivor, whilst also keeping an eye on the already sleeping survivors to keep them off gate switches while finding the others.

Once that was achieved, getting gates open (even without remember me) was a nightmare for survivors. Remember, it’s not just because Freddy can see what they’re doing, it’s also because the debuff also affected gate opening speeds as well.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Yeah i miss him too, even if his power was completly abusable by survivors. The mindgames you could do with the flickering were so fun

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

I contacted him on Facebook messenger and Old Freddy says he misses you guys too. Right now he's with Jason and he's trying to help him cope with the possibility of losing his own game.

• Voerman
    Voerman Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2020

Oh, so when people say that they want Old Freddy back, people agree with them but when I say I want old Legion back, I'm a complete degenerate scum of the Earth. 🤕

(I'm joking. Kind of. I want them to at the very least make Legion's addons do something besides only having about 3 worthwhile addons.)

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I hope they are actually trying to get this power on a new (probably original) killer but balanced and with enough worktime put into.

I liked playing against Old Freddy, unfortunately I didn’t play killer at that time and didn’t even have Freddy so can’t say I miss using his power (I would have done poorly with him though). I still understand why they removed the power and it really does need some kind of rework, just not a complete replacement.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

I played Old Freddy, I do not see what you see in that mess that is better than what we got.

• TheClownIsKing

Then I’m too lazy to explain if you can’t see it yourself.

I coped, and regularly dominated at red ranks as old Freddy.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

nobody tries to directly compare Old Freddy and New Freddy. That’s the thing, they are entirely different.

you don’t have to miss or like Old Freddy, but if others liked it who are you to judge? Most people that liked the power even say it needed QoL changes etc, but the power as completely deleted from the game..

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

Old freddy was a lot cooler looking imo too bad I never got to play him

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Every time I load into a game and see the paint brush and swing chains, I miss old Freddy!

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

I miss old Freddy. Surely he had some issues, but they could've been solved. I think having some of new freddy mechanics like Alarm clocks being merged into old freddy would've been good.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Same.

New Freddy feels so damns simple and boring it makes you sleep in real life too.

Old Freddy with Coulrophobia was so much fun :(

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

You can't even call it skill ceiling at that point but rather skill basement considering how easy it is to play him

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited November 2020

I miss some of Freddy's old mechanics but they could easily be put on Wraith quite honestly. I wouldn't mind some of his addons being made basekit and the bad ones reworked. That alone could make space for 5-6 new addons. Wraith could get an addon that lets him walk through survivors while cloaked like how old Freddy used to for example.

Only thing I don't miss about old Freddy was the default 7 seconds to sleep someone timer and adrenaline and self-care saying "no" to you when you tried to use your power.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

How I feel with Bubba sometimes.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

maybe an addon to revert some of his power back?

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited November 2020

I know the feeling.

No matter how strong or weak he used to be he was very unique, and I personally enjoyed playing him a whole lot. Current Freddy is fun to me as well but in a different and to me in a less unique and "weird" way I guess.

Not saying he shouldn't have been changed or anything though.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

So did I, but Freddy was the most boring Killer to play as, new one is much more action packed.

Good to get rid off.

• TheClownIsKing
  • TheClownIsKing

Plague is VERY similar to old Freddy in a lot of aspects.

Whack on Black Incense and Thana, and it’s as close to old Freddy as we’re going to get.

• TheClownIsKing

You were bored winning with a killer that was mostly misunderstood by many?!....

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

I used to main old freddy, I loved him but his end game was tough! But i always loved playing the dark horse. Playing good killers just puts pressure on me to do well.

• TheClownIsKing

This has popped up again, and it’s so strange to me.

Out of all killers, old Freddy had one of the strongest end games, if it were done correctly. If the effort were put into getting all remaining survivors back to sleep again after the last gen pops, escape was going to be LOADS of hard work for the survivors unless someone could bang off a Self Care skillcheck, in which case Freddy just puts them straight back to sleep again anyway.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,933

Are you just playing Clown? If yes, try someone else, there is definitely another Killer which might look cool to you. Playing different things will keep you fresh into the game.

That's why I don't play mainly one Killer, even though I have much fun with Pyramid Head recently but I still try and play the majority of Killers, except a few ones including Freddy.

Yeah, old Freddy was much more fun even if you couldn't hit sometimes but with old Freddy you at least had to do something and pressure Survivors.

Most Freddys play scummy cuz those bad Killers can't win with anyone else except Freddy since he is to easy now for his Strength.

And he is boring for both sides, just spam snares till the Survivor is dead and then teleport to the next Gen with Pop and have a passive Slowdown with Swing Chains/Jump Rope/Thana.

• TheClownIsKing

I also play Doc and current Freddy, and little bits of Demo, Blight, Ghostface, Bubba, PH.

I also mained Plague a lot, (like religiously from her initial release for months on end) but I’m getting very over the constant bugs she keeps getting (and being awful since dedicated servers).

But Clown is the one I most click with, and most dominate with.

The only other killer I’ve had that same affinity with, and could just decimate a good team with, was old Freddy.

Today was just one of those days after needing a break from Clown, and I didn’t want to play anyone on the roster. I wanted to use old Freddy. And it made me a bit sad that that choice was taken away from me.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

That is fair enough!

I'd rather deal with old Freddy, lol

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Don't take what i say as something general, I'm not a very good killer in any way. It was for me, even though I can see what you say. Thing was, once the gates were open and someone got off the hook i had a tough time getting anyone due to the 7 second transition

• TheClownIsKing

Don’t feel bad about that.

That’s a common problem many Freddy’s made due to innocent mistakes. Freddy should have been doing lots of slugging a time endgame, and keeping an any survivor auras heading towards gate switches to prevent gate opening in the first place.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I wanna play something other than spirit.

bUt mY rANk 1

• zireael_
    zireael_ Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2020

Not a fan of new freddy at all, genuinely dislike him, but when I started the game, playing against old freddy was the worst thing. It ruined new player experience and I think that's why they reworked him. Not saying other things like keys and mori's don't ruin the fun, but old freddy did for people who were new and didn't know how to loop. Which I'm not defending them change either, I want higher skill ceiling, just explaining why I think they did it.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

i felt that rn, i miss putting people to sleep 💔

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94

try doctor, hag, bubba and any other killer you do not play as much. change your playstyle from time to time. change always help me with the game.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

When people talk about Freddy's "weak" end game they were mostly talking about how once a door opened any survivor you hooked could just get unhooked and run away without you being able to do much about it.

Almost everything you do at that point could be easilly countered by survivors.

Before the doors were open which btw took longer to open too, yeah an absolute end game monster

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Old freddy was way too easy to beat , and with the new healing buffs to we're gonna live forever, having desperate measures and soul guard as perks available now it could never work , if anyone ran that build they could just keep healing each other in his face and getting away with it due to him having to put you to sleep just to hit you while you're healing in front of him, you cant escape with any current killer on the roster while trying that build because they have the ability to stop the heal and trade survivors, it would be pure hell to play old freddy with everything survivors have available perk wise now , or if anything he would just get genrushed because his power did nothing for him in a chase .

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited November 2020

feel you. I enjoy watching videos of survivors playing against him when he first came out. Had some clunky aspects, but had great potential.

Then the devs went and changed him to the smelly pile of horse dookie we have today. Unpleasant, easy to reproduce, and not at all reflective of the creature from whence it originated.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

I miss some of the subtleties like brief immunity after hurting yourself or blowing a gen, and his powers requiring him to take on a game of tag-like playstyle. You had to be tricky to win.

Keeping track of people outside his TR and natural gen stalling was great too. Though the self-care meta was booming at the time so all you saw were people waking up constantly almost on cue right in front of you.

And everyone always just tunneled with him. Terrible.

I'd like some of his old power to bleed back into his new one. Maybe a third sleep tier. I dunno.