How was your Halloween event? what did you like/dislike?

personally i dont mind the events, while they arent as big or as special as they use to be i can still enjoy them and understand why we dont get secondary objectives (people use to skip doing gens, do the secondary to wipe and repeat). the little challenges that spawned in a secondary objective just for you was a cool concept but the most lacking thing for me is the lack of special gens/hooks, while i know you use offferings to increase the amount i would prefer every gen to be special an using an offering just boosts your personal bp (just makes every gen/hook look special)

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I had a good time. I liked the free stuff I got, and appreciated the BP x2. My expectations weren't so high that I could be let down. There were a lot of games, so that worked for me.

• __Lukas__
    __Lukas__ Member Posts: 32

It was nice getting all the cool add ons. The med kit and killer add ons are cool. Fun trying to get the special hooks and gens. Super lame I got a bunch of extra offerings I won’t be able to use

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

It was a pretty good skin collection, thats all I'm willing to say.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I liked rubbing the plants and wish I could have rubbed them more.

I liked the little ghost flashlights.

I liked watching the killers zoom with there little add-ons.

I liked the Halloween charms.

I didn't think there was enough Halloween flavor.

I wish the medkits had a gimmick, like the anniversary ones. Like a witch cackle when depleated.

• Moundshroud

I do wish we could sell back those Pustuala things we had buy in the Blood Web for something else since they don't do anything for the Killer after the event. Or have them turn back into whatever they would have been. :) But all in all, I'm not salty about it.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

At first i was dissapointed, but after playing a bit it was a pretty cool event. The addons added gameplay beyond "hold m1 at a plant" and the free shards while obviously used to please the crowd is worth way more then cosmetics as you can buy chapters with them.

Honestly despite what it looked like at the start. It was a pretty neat event. I'll miss the speedy addon

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited November 2020

I had fun zooming Mikey around with the serum add on. I managed to score a Dweet crow charm, plus the Jack O Lantern one looks right at home on Mikey's hook. Combined with the other pumpkin charm and the Dweet crow, Mikey's hook is looking just right for a killer who loves to murder on Halloween.

• Moundshroud

Ditto this. If nothing else, the Killer charms I got made the event for me (as a Myers player). I didn't make it to Rank-1 by Halloween.... sad to say... but I'm within 2 Pips right now. SOON.... soon I will have climbed that mountain and be worthy of the Halloween Hooks.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Sprinting walking Myers will be a sight i will never forget

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I didn’t pay too much attention to it for the most part but it was ok. I like the idea of special hooks and generators but I kind of wish they had special animations to really make them stand out when used or completed respectively. The Rift journal entries and flash animations were fun, and the event related costumes are good. I didn’t use the add-ons personally, wasn’t interested in that.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

you and I have different definitions of the word "event"

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

I bought legion skin for 22k shards and it become 9k 2 days after. No compensation from support as big fu in the end. Great. I can not be happy with this event even if other things are fine

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

Like:

Dislike:

• Everything else
  • KettleWettle
    KettleWettle Member Posts: 149

The event was whatever I didn't really care about it that much besides the double bloodpoints. Now what I was mainly upset about the event was WHY WERE THE SPOOKY MEDKITS NOT GLOWING LIKE THEY USED TO ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! THEY LOOK SO UGLY !!!!!!!!!! Look all I can say is I was a bit disappointed. 😞

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

I want the glowing Legion skins back. Also, I really liked the old glowing spooky medkit; the new one looks like garbage. What an absolute change for the worse for both the skins and the medkit.

In answer to the original question, I didn't play the event. Some pumpkins on generators and hooks isn't an event. I played Dying Light's Halloween event and Animal Crossing's Halloween event and DOAXVV's Halloween event... I logged in for the daily DbD bonuses and half-assed a couple matches here and there for the XP.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I found it disappointing overall. TL;DR I like the outfit I got for Feng Min, but it felt like the event added stress and tension to the community instead of giving us a chance to celebrate and have fun.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

I enjoyed double bloodpoints. I finally got all my survivors to prestige 3 and now they all have halloween event items on them 😁

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Wasn't an event for me, just extra points and daily login rewards (which I'm still pissed bcs i bought the cosmetics for 21k instead of 9)