Anyone Else Having Worse Experience With Crossplay Turned ON?

Options
Speshul_Kitten
Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

It’s kinda insane, the Dead Hards are even more delayed, certain killers have a major disadvantage when it comes to timing I.e. Nurse and Bill’s saw.

Grabs are completely broken, it’s just horrendous no matter how fast my internet or location is.

With an average ping of 50ms and a location in Norther California. I only seem to have these issues when crossplay is turned on.

Oh yeah, for some reason most survivors out there are PC players too. I find that a bit of a coincidence.

Comments

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

Oh god no, my experience has increased dramatically! (Ps4)

Killer instant lobbys, somehow PC players are less toxic than Ps4 survivors toxic litle sh1ts, way more matches with survivors in my killer rank range. Before it was reds all the time dispite me being grey/yellow and god forbid i reached green ranks....

Survivor side, not much has changed except a massive, enormous, gargantuan improvement in lobby wait times. Sometimes it's a few seconds, usually a minute or two when before I'd have to wait at least 10 minutes just for one match!

• Rhymewriter
    Rhymewriter Member Posts: 37
    Options

I get a few reds in my greens (just after reset everything is screwy), but I don't have much trouble dealing with them. I'm having more fun and less toxic matches. There are some but rare. This makes things more fun.

• troy99
    troy99 Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2020
    Options

grabs does not work anymore. dead hard is garbage because of latency. pc players has advantages over console players. i usually leave the lobby when i see a console player teammate. their controls are way different and their mistakes can get me depipped as survivor.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Options

I do the same thing, if I see a console player and their gt already sounds like a noob then I’ll dodge. Usually I look at their time played and kills/escape ratios before I decide. But yeah I agree console players have a major disadvantage and most don’t even know.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Options

It’s not really the players that are trouble I would say, more of the connection it seems. Especially on killer side.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Eh, I escape from pc killers probably about as much as from console ones. I never really relied on 360s to save my arse tho (a lot of the ones who did probably have crossplay off by now)

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

Now I can play with my friends from PC (though that rarely really happens... but when it does, it's fun).

Don't really hate it. But I have to say that it annoys me a little as killer that PC survivors can hug the wall in a way consolers can't, so it usually takes more time as a m1 killer if they're good in that way.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    Options

Funny, I'm on PC and like 80% of my Survivors are on console.

Also, grabs have been completely unreliable for so long. Much like the scratch mark bugs at various times and audio bugs that appear and reappear... You just get used to not even bothering with em.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

When crossplay was turned on everyone I played with that had that globe icon teabagged and flashlight clicked at me.

When I had enough I turned it off, latency is somewhat better, and the people are somewhat better. But something I noticed was that all the toxic people had weird movement compared to what I was used to, so my guess is most if not all of the toxic people were on pc, not much of a surprise there.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

What platform are you on? Playing on PC I've seen the complete opposite, if I'm tbagged and clicked at it's usually a crossplay Survivor. Also 8/10 games where a mori or NoED is in play is a crossplay killer for me.

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    Options

I turned crossplay off after the first week.

I don't like the idea of PC players having an unfair advantage over me.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I don’t really like pc survivors but I dread playing against pc killers. I have cross play on as killer and off as survivor.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I'm on ps4 and I turned crossplay off after the first day. Performance felt way worse than normal, felt like lag/stutters increased. My lobbies were more rainbow rank and was waiting 10-15 minutes to get into a lobby. If I didn't have a fellow ps4 player in my lobby I was being left on first hook to die, or occasionally struggle, but my teammates weren't doing anything. If I had ps4 player I'd get saved before struggle and gens were actually getting completed. Felt like if people saw globes they just didn't care to help those not on the same platform.

Since turning it off my waits have only been a minute or two for survivor or killer. Better teammates - rarely do I get matched with lobby of teammates doing nothing, gens are worked on, and teammates are going for saves.