Gotta love moris

Options

Nothing says fun like being tunneled straight off the hook and dying and nothing to do about it, but remember it's fair cause reasons

Comments

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

There's been a huge influx of them tonight for me lol.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

Just drop the pallet

• troy99
    troy99 Member Posts: 45
    Options

moris and keys will be annoying till they rework them. mori should be after 2nd hook or after all survivors hooked at least once and keys should have unlocking hatch animation.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

There's a challenge to kill 12 survivors by any means. That could be the reason.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

Yeah, people seem to think that it is hard to get 12 Kills without a Mori.

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77
    Options

I don't use moris, but when 2 people get to leave via the hatch. well, that's even worse.

Actually the hatch in general is complete bs. Free exit for the last guy no matter how he did in the game, or how well the killer plays.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Not because reasons, because one reason. SWF. Yeah, its kinda fair if both sides have overpowered things you can´t do anything about. Keys are fine in my opinion, even needed.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

It's definitely easier with them and most people would rather use the easier method of accomplishing the same goal.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Over half the games have either a 2-, 3- or 4- person swf according to the dev stats last year (and there’s no reason to think those numbers have gone down). Only a small number are full 4-person swfs but 2- and 3- are quite common.

And personally I can usually tell when I’m facing a swf that is actually coordinating some or all of its members. They just play a bit differently than solo squads, tending to be more altruistic, running from gens earlier because of comm warnings, splitting up gens a bit more efficiently, and sometimes running Object of Obsession which is less common solo than in a swf. You also after the game see weird mixes of ranks a bit more often with swfs with red rank players teaming up with lower rank friends. Out of curiosity I’ll check profiles after a match when I think players were in a swf and almost always (I think) I’ll see a couple of them are friends in the case of PC players (or sometimes all private profiles in which case who knows?)

Of course solo players can play really well, you don’t have to be in a swf to be a good looper or know how to repair gens or have a sense of when to time a rescue. But the playstyle of good solo players is a bit different typically from good players on comms.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Yeah...but....by then you already played your Mori.

And in my experiences...these conversations are happening post game and killers still believe we were a swf.

Don't sleep on how cordinated 4 good randoms can become.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I don't see the problem with the Mori as it stands, but I also don't have a problem if they tweak them. I suggested they use the same logic they applied to the Keys, but tie it to Hooks rather than Generators:

4 Hooks = Unlocks 1 Mori

5 Hooks = Unlocks 2 Mori

6 Hooks = Unlocks 3 Mori

7 Hooks = Unlocks 4 Mori

*And you don't have to have been hooked once to get a Mori if one is unlocked. This change would mean there is no value in tunneling off the first Hook, and guarantee at least three more Hooks than the current Mori setup if you wanted to Mori everyone in the group. Of course this is just for the Ebony Memento Mori. I see any reason to change the other two at all.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Personally I currently just use Moris when I have a mission to use them, I’d just as soon use a bloodpoint offering. Moris and swfs have no correlation in my games.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

That is me as well. I don't use moris unless I have a daily.

I play my game. Win a bunch and lose some.

• sulaiman
    Options

But that mean you just tunnel the first guy = 3 hooks, hook another one = 4 hooks, just mori the 3rd, , and camp the second to death, then race the last for the hatch and mori him too (if only one survivor is left, hatch appears and he can use the key, so killer should be always able to mori the last one, right?). Doesn´t really solve anything i think.

If i play killer, i use moris almost every game. I leveled my killers using excess survivor bloodpoints, and have plenty of moris, all good perks, but not enough experience as a killer. Yet, i aways am paired against ppl way above my skill level, and swf in more than half of my games.

And since they want to change moris anyway, i can use them up as long as they are still strong.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I haven't used a mori since i first started playing. i use bloodpoint offerings and that's it but when all my killers are prestige 3 watch out jk that will be when they get re worked.

• Moundshroud
    Options

You could try... but at least that person has a few more attempts to get away from you. Rather than being tunneled and get the Mori right away. In general, the other Survivors aren't going to want you let you do that either, since they know every Hook puts them closer to a Mori. Thus it encourages safer unhooks. All in all, it is an improvement, but sure there will always be people who tunnel whether it is wise or not.

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376
    Options

"MoRiS ArE BaLaNcEd BeCaUsE tHeY ArE rArE"

Game designer clearly sucks.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

Jeeeesus I only have like 54 on Demo and I main him since a while after it came, how long have you been on nurse?

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376
    Options

I don't know. I think I have something around to 20M-30M BP spent on her right now... But still, I don't have that many, Umbra has at least 1000 Moris stored.

• sulaiman
    Options

Well, if you are looking for a way to make tunneling unattractive, i do have a proposal, that even works with moris.

Give the survivors gen penaltys for being hooked, but a boost if someone dies.

Like, a hooked survivor gets a 25% speed penalty for doing gens for the first hook, and 10% for the second hook(state). If he dies, his remaining gen speed is added to the other survivors. Thus, it becomes more attractice to get the first hook on anyone instead of tunneling, and even the second hook before killing someone.

Yes, gen speed might have to be modifyed, but i think that could be a way to keep the game balanced and make tunneling unattactive.

Those numbers are just an example, and no proposal.

• Moundshroud
    Options

They won't modify speed. I don't have an opinion on whether that is a good idea or not, but they won't change speeds like that for the simple reason that too much of the rest of the game is balanced around speed.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    Options

if they nerf ds and bt