Why I never open the exit gate if the killer drops me next to it

Options

Almost every single time I watch the last survivor in the game and the killer does this, they either A) pull them off the gate, B) down them right before it opens or C) down them right after it opens. The killer then hooks or moris the survivor. Sometimes they go so far as to let them crawl until just before they can escape before hooking or killing them.

Yes there are occasions when the killer is genuinely being friendly but they're so rare that I gave up long ago. I don't struggle, recover, try to open the gate, or move. I'm not giving anyone the satisfaction of pulling one over on me and the potential reward is 5k bloodpoints.. I'll pass.

If they drop me ON TOP OF the hatch of course I'll take it. No way I'm crawling to it though 😅

Keep your blood points, Entity, you're not getting an ounce of hope from me!

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Same here

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

I do it sometimes, but really just to let em have some extra BPs before they get hooked. Its kinda like survivors who let the killer get some extra hits in before they leave out the exit gate with the only difference being nobody is having to cross the map to end the game.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

I sometimes let the last survivor escape. If for some reason the hatch is closed, I will let them get the gate, while I watch from like 5 metres away.

If you dont want to escape, that fine too. I gave you the chance.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

I have met a lot of nice killers who let me leave, but it's usually after I establish I have either accepted my death or point at the gates as a meme. One time, Pyramid Head became my friend because I pointed at him from a high up place and then walked through his blood trail thingy and he nodded his head yes with me in it. I went to the exit gates and tried to tell him I didn't want to leave, but he started hitting the barrier. I love you, Mr. Nice Pyramid Head, you made my night <3! But I understand the anxiety, I had a ttv killer make me open the gates before murdering me and I was upset because I'm sure the viewers were making fun of me, but what can you do lol!

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

As killer, I've already decided to give hatch and found it first, then headed to a door to say "goodbye', lol. Occasionally, I've downed a final survivor right as they're about ready to get the door open and downed them, just to let them wiggle off for an escape since I thought they'd earned it.

Almost always, the survivor understands that, if I wanted the 4K, I could have gotten it, and they take the escape. On a very rare case, I've had someone run away and die to the EGC, which I feel bad for.

As a survivor, almost every experience I've had where the killer brought me to hatch or door, they've let me out. Only a very rare occasion that I've had someone deny it at that point.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

I didn't paint everyone with the same brush, though. I blatantly say there are genuinely friendly killers in my post.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

When I give survivors the gate I don't stand there and watch for this specific reason. I leave to go find pallets to break or the hatch to close. I like to make it unambiguous because there's really no point in watching lol

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

I'll still open the gate, I just don't thank them until I'm in the gateway just in case they troll me and pull me off it/down me (since there's no chat on console, I thank them by nodding/dropping my item)

Thankfully most killers that drop me at the gates were actually being nice and let me escape.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

I mean I say why in my post. I also say 5k isn't a big enough deal for me to do it so why do you think 1250 would be?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

That's new, i haven't seen a single Survivor do this yet.

Wonder how big, or small, this movement will be...

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I think this mostly happens when killers have a mori

• brokedownpalace
    Options

No, it's not generalizing the killer player base negatively. Why? Because this happens so rarely as it is. There are plenty of times where the killer drops me or someone else on the hatch or doesn't even go for the final chase or exit gate. I'm specifically talking about when the killer drops the survivor at the exit gate and stands behind them watching OR when they drop them a few meters away from the hatch and not on top of it.

The vast majority of the time this situation never occurs because the killer downs the last survivor and immediately hooks them, ending the game.

Please think about what you're reading before you respond.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

True. It's definitely satisfying to mori survivors so I can see why some would want to give them a little bit of hope before crushing their dreams lol.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

Also please point out the insult to killers. Because I said many like to toy with survivors? Spoiler alert: that's part of the game. All I said is I'm not falling for it, not that they're doing anything wrong.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

As killer, I’ll do this if I already closed hatch. I’ll dribble the survivor to save them the trouble of wiggling off, and then I’ll just walk away to show my good intentions. If the killer stays there and stares at me, then yeah, I agree with the OP.

On this note, can we pleeeeeeease open the gate after shutting the hatch!? Pleeeeeeease!!

• brokedownpalace
    Options

"On this note, can we pleeeeeeease open the gate after shutting the hatch!? Pleeeeeeease!!"

Seriously, why can't you?!

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I’ll admit I do like to be cheeky after letting someone open a gate by smacking them and making them crawl out the gate.

I’m sure they panic at that point that I’m gonna hook them anyway, but I’ll move away and do silly things like spin to make it clear I’m not coming back to pick them up.

• Deckergirl
    Deckergirl Member Posts: 39
    Options

Yup this, don't wanna get reported for working with killer.

If they really wanted to let us escape then maybe they'd 'lose' us in a case first.

Get to know each other let them pay for the meal, you know?

Now what I can't stand are people who come looking for you when the gate is open.

1 guy even assumed I wasn't having fun

(I had insidious on so he was REALLY looking)

I personally leave because why risk

blood warden.

(Leave as in survivor side,gate open)

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I agree I don't know why they don't allow you to in the first place.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited November 2020
    Options

I don't see the point in "playing with my food" or "giving them a little hope" before just killing them anyway. If you are going to kill a Survivor, just do it. If you are going to let them go, just do it. I generally don't decide if I'm going to be generous or not until the moment arrives. The deciding factors are:

1. Will this generosity cause me to lose a Pip (either drop one or not gain one I would have otherwise).
    2. Did this Survivor fight the good fight, hard as hell as best they could all through the match that I saw?
    3. Am i in a mood?

That's it, the whole enchilada. I'm far more likely to give the hatch or gate to someone who hit me with pallets and made me work hard for it. I'm less likely to give the hatch/gate to someone I know did very little in the match for their team. I'm not going to do anything for someone who went out of their way to tea-bag me or some other nonsense. We reap what we have sown. But I'm never going to tease and try to screw with the PLAYER at the gate/hatch. That just doesn't have any class.

• piggypablo
    piggypablo Member Posts: 102
    Options

In a recent game there was one generator left with me and Nancy pants still alive. She was obviously hiding until I got hooked then was going to go for hatch. After running plague for a while they hooked me. Nancy unhooked then went straight for a locker. After running the killer again I decided to point at the locker Nancy was hiding in. Then the killer allowed me to finish the generator by the exit gate, open the gate, point at a hex totem on the hill, then led me to the hatch where I was able to escape. Moral of the story is, not all killers are out to get you and some may in fact be friendly.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,831
    Options

If the killer drops me far away from the hatch, I usually refuse to crawl to it. I had one killer get really mad about that and hit me repeatedly on the hook as I died for not playing their little game. Made me laugh.

I also had one match where I think the Ghostface wanted to kill me even though he let me open the exit gate, 'cause he downed me after and then stood right next to the exit point, so I crawled away from the gate. He picked me up and carried me back over; the whole thing looked ridiculous. Anyway, I was able to wiggle off his shoulder, and I booked it right out of the exit at the last second. I got to the end screen and it showed the killer had disconnected. I never did know what to make of that, but it was pretty funny.

As killer, I don't believe in being a dick about it. Either I kill the last survivor immediately, or I let them go. However, it's becoming rare that I let the last survivor go; I've had some act toxic after I was nice to them and let them escape. So, unless I take pity on that survivor for how the match went I put them on a hook, no letting the last survivor go just because they make an offering after I find them.

• Yugyr
    Yugyr Member Posts: 17
    Options

If a killer catches me and its checkmate but they try to let me escape, I just gaze longingly at a hook. I didn't earn it... I don't want it!

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

I think that, if it really bothers you for killers to mess around with you at the exit gate, it's totally reasonable and healthy to set a boundary where you refuse to engage, and just drink your drink while you wait for the match to be over.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

I make the mistake of forcing my good will on the last survivor, they always wiggle off and run only for me to down them then drop them off at the exit gate. Sometimes this goes on until they get the point and try to escape, but by this time it's too late. I even smack the exit gate for them. Never had this problem as The Pig. If you're Tapp you will survive no matter what.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

It's really just par the course at this stage.

Due to a lack of push back we now have an entire entitled class of killers whose toxicity is encouraged at this point.

• cynichism
    cynichism Member Posts: 52
    Options

I give hatch or exit gate to at least one survivor in any game where I feel like we all had fun and no one was being douches.

If your swf is so sweaty they're body blocking, sabotaging, or flashlighting even the first hook, I'll just kill all of you up front if I can. No teasing with gates.

If you start teabagging every pallet, or creating constant noise through rushed actions to distract me, or best of all that damn quickswitch in the lobby BS, I will try and return the favor.

Earlier today I carried one of these survivors to the gate as Trapper. While he was opening it I set a trap at his feet. 😆

Yeah I know. One person's vengeance is another person's toxic.

• Rhymewriter
    Rhymewriter Member Posts: 37
    Options

As pig I try to leave a survivor with an active trap at the end. If they beat their trap they get to go. If not I get to watch them pop.

But do survivors really not like mercy? I usually only do it if they play when people quit on their team but it sounds like some people don't want mercy.

• DoubleOhMark
    DoubleOhMark Member Posts: 11
    Options

I quite frequently let the last person go, particularly if there were any DC or insta struggles on hook or teammates throwing. However, it doesn't mean I might not have a little fun first and close the hatch, down the survivor after the gate, picking them up at the last second and pretending to take them back in only to drop them and walk off while they crawl out.

I've had killers do to me what OP has mentioned and I've had killers do what I do. I think generally just go with it either way and expect the minimum. If they go to troll you so be it, don't get frustrated, if they're nice then great. Not much else to say I don't think.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122
    Options

Same here except I'm a killer player and get BS survivors that know way too much in every game; even after I got deranked from red back to 16 in hopes I could get into a somewhat normal game.

Because of the garbage people that play survivor in the meanest way possible I can't play killer, same for you except it is killers.

I just don't see anything coming to the game to make it fun again.

Unless they actually LISTEN and think about Casual and Competitive game modes.

• Jennguinofdoom
    Jennguinofdoom Member Posts: 3
    Options

Ah, yet another poster who lacks the emotional maturity to handle this is a game. Also, almost no killers do that. Stop playing this game to win, folks, and you'll actually enjoy it (and win sometimes).

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651
    Options

I think the majority of killers are just trying to be nice at this point. At a minimum they are letting you score points for opening the gate and most likely letting you escape.

Same can be said for survivors when they hang out in the exit gates. Some are trying to troll you while others are just letting you get some more points by finding and hitting them one last time.

Either way it's just a game, not worth getting tilted over. I personally would just take the points and either escape or die quickly to get the game over. Why do nothing and extend the game at this point?

• vKishiBatv
    vKishiBatv Member Posts: 20
    Options

Killers seem to do that with hatch as well..

It's most common with GhostFace in my experience but they'll drop you near hatch, close it, teabag then hook you..

Why waste my time?

• Creepa99
    Creepa99 Member Posts: 80
    Options

Yeah no doubt. Survivor mains act like they are super entitled while killer mains are over here struggling to have fun with the game due to survivors being loved more by the devs. I've said it before, the devs would rather lose 1 player (a killer) than 4 players (survivors) so obviously they are going to listen to survivors first.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

cant confirm. For me like 90% of the time they let me escape

• Chinanumawaaan
    Chinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131
    Options

lol ever t-bagged at the gate before?

No? Me neither.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

This sounds more like a revenge type thing. Probably got steamrolled game before and circle bagged at gate so took it out on you with the only killer that can do it back (don't say pig's slow ass). I let last survivor go so much can't tell you how many times I have had to play an extra game for one of my rift challenges because of it (killed all 4 in 1 trial oops forgot, get this many hooks and fall one short, etc) there have been 2 times where I killed the last after closing the hatch or letting them open and it's was both planned out for things they did in trial instead of tunneling/camping it was my way of flippin the bird DBD style.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

When you get toxic survivors you create toxic killers. With toxic killers you then create toxic survivors. It is a really fun never ending loop.

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101
    Options

Well, the "5k" is in *potential* BP that the killers you're complaining about tease you with and then snatch away.

The 1250 is *actual* BP that you're just choosing to not have, and it doesn't even speed up your exit to snub them.

So, that's why one might think you'd value them differently; bird in the hand vs 2 in the bush with a killer standing next to the bush and looking at you expectantly while he waggles the birds.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

What I do is I drop the survivor at the gate until they wiggle off via drops, then I kinda just walk away

• Only2Megabytes
    Only2Megabytes Member Posts: 37
    Options

I don't think this counts as working with the killer.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

Ah yet another poster who lacks the critical reading skills to be on a forum. I didn't even complain or say I expected for them to let me go, I simply said I'm not engaging in that behavior. I just shrug and move on to the next game. My thread was clearly meant to be lighthearted considering the last couple of sentences.

You have 2 posts.. did you create an account just to troll? 🤔

• brokedownpalace
    Options

It doesn't bother me that much, but yes I suppose it is a healthy boundary. Interesting perspective!

• Ace_Of_Spades
    Ace_Of_Spades Member Posts: 68
    Options

Lol vast majority my pasty white arse. Maybe SOME do this. But not the majority. At least the exit gate ones. The hatch ones are generally respected.