Why I never open the exit gate if the killer drops me next to it

Options
2»

Comments

• peachlover726
    peachlover726 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Huh pretty weird. Most of the time the killer will let me go. If I know they aren’t I go for the open anyway as its more bp for me and I don’t blame killers who do that. When I do that as killer it’s just me letting the survivor get as many bp as possible. Some killers can be jerks but some-most are either actually going to let you go or are giving you the opportunity to gain some bp.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

That's actually the opposite of what he's doing, generalising is when you make the assumption that because one person does something, that other people are going to do it too.

The OP said 'most' implying there are some killers who are friendly and want you to escape. So no, that's not having any effect on the killer player base.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Thanks! I also went on to explain further in another comment that most killers simply finish the game, so this is a rare occurrence. But, when it does occur, most of the time it's a trap. But not all the time :)

• brokedownpalace
    Options
  • Deadlock
    Deadlock Member Posts: 215
    Options

I usually let them open it without downing.

• WokeNea
    WokeNea Member Posts: 34
    Options

I kinda agree with this one I do it to the ######### heads who clicky click and tea bag but if they were good sports why wouldn't i give them hatch or door? If not and i just want more BP I'll just kill them.

• Nek0mata
    Nek0mata Member Posts: 5
    Options

This. This is how it all boils down. You have decide to not be toxic and then stick to that regardless of how bad the others get (either side) no "revenge", no "just that player" or you become just another jerk.

I play both sides so sympathy to both.

OP- totally valid in your decision to not participate in the BS, shame on the killers for being jerks, i resent that from both killer and survivor perspective cause no reason to be playing with someone like that, "extra bp" is a ######### excuse for feeling big from faking friendly. And faking the friendly does nothing but lead to paranoid survivors and makes it hard to farm or play nice for those of us who do!

Kudos to the killers here who have decent charade skills to communicate with survivors and survivors who don't panic at the first hint of a heartbeat or figure out that they aren't being chased.

• Vesther
    Vesther Member Posts: 4
    Options

If it was a good match and I didn't get abused or mocked as the killer I let them go if they're the last survivor.

But if I'm working on an adept achievement you're hooked ASAP.

I'm not sadistic enough to do what you mention lmao though I know some are.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830
    Options

Because its fun (at least for me) to give them that little sparkle of hope, watch them being so happy that they are gonna get that escape, then after they come back to me for the "goodbye", i kill them. The end-game messages are hilarious after that.

On another note, i do this only if i have a challange to complete. If there's no reason for me to kill you, i'll let you escape. If i really need that kill, i am gonna give you some bps and then kill you. You don't want the extra bp? Fine, i will just hook you, i tried to give you some.

• nea_the_entity
    nea_the_entity Member Posts: 12
    Options

As killer I always let one go but when I'm going against a toxic swf I'm definitely gonna be toxic back but when we have a fair game I'll let on go and even moonwalk away just so they know I'm not a a**hole but other than that as survivor I'm always like maybe the killer is nice I open the gate and right as I got he knocks me down,there is this one game my syptic saved me,since I sensed treachery as I opened it I popped that real quick and dead harded out and killer said your actually trash, your toxic,your so bad that I had to let you escape. I'm just gonna say If your a killer and there is one survivor remaining just hook them but if your nice like me then let them go but it's up to you.

• Nywlr
    Nywlr Member Posts: 9
    Options

I only drop people before hatch so I gave enough time to get a bit more frenzy points, because I main legion.

• FreezingFire
    FreezingFire Member Posts: 18
    Options

If I notice that one survivor does better than the rest by a large margin, then I'll let them go. They deserve they win

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Are you console or PC? No salt here, genuine question. I can't remember the last time a killer let me go. How often do they drop me near the hatch just to close it and then mori me? Fairly often. I'm with OP - I don't even bother anymore. It's not fooling me, and I'd rather just get on to the next game already.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I'm a PC Player. I feel bad for you, but my experiences have been the opposite. I've never had anyone do that to me... yet. It seems a weird, twisted sort of thing to do on the "Player" side. It is something outside the game, some sick puppy trying to get sadistic jollies. I don't see any point in doing something for those reasons. If I let someone go, I let them go. If I'm going to kill them, I kill them.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

Thank you both and for a few others for chiming in. Some people are acting like I'm making it up. I don't even get mad about it anymore, I just want the game to end so I can hopefully do better in the next one :)

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Letting a survivor work towards objective only with intent to kill them is Dbd bm in the highest form. It is nothing like the hits at the end survivors give to killer. To say they are even remotely the same is cementing this misconception that what you're doing is friendly in any way.

• Blackscales
    Blackscales Member Posts: 8
    Options

Honestly it's only ever happened to me personally one time ever. Maybe it's a rank or platform difference (I'm rank 6 on ps4) but I've only been cheated like that once.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

I'm gonna be completely honest about this, I'm already about to shoot myself in the foot.

I do both..

I only really do the more toxic ***holish disrespect when a survivor does that to me, which can happen a lot. Especially in red ranks, smurf accounts, sfw, etc. You get the picture.

In no way is that an excuse, sometimes I have a bad day and just BM on a meta base Nea by taunting her before I use a mori, hook, or my personal favorite the End Game Collapse.

I don't feel good admitting to it, but I gotta be honest. Reason why I say this is just incase you are a ps4 user and I did it to you out of pure anger. You might have not been running Meta, but someone was earlier and I just took it out on you. I am sorry if that's you.

What I usually do is let the last survivor escape while I wave them off (swinging at the air.) Hatch or Gate, whatever works. But, what I try to do that takes WAYY to much effort is to look for the hatch while chasing the survivor, down them, let them open the gate, down them again, and then carry them all the way to the hatch. More bloodpoints for them.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

I only act like a jerk at the exit gate if they teabag or something. Had one that was so busy teabagging next to the exit that they somehow didn't notice my Billy charge them, down them, and pick them up. Literally one step from victory, but too busy teabagging to actually win. So they got what they deserved: A hook and a loss. That match was magical. 0k, 5 gens popped, two gates opened, 4k anyways. No NoED. I dream of matches like that.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Because that cruelty is outside of the game. It isn't aimed at earning points, advancement, or an emblem. It is an action specifically designed for you to screw with the PLAYER. People who indulge in that sort of thing are simply ill.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374
    Options

Most killers are nice to me.

Recently i went against a myers who was t3 wanting my to go to an unhook and nodding furiously. I trusted him and well he let me go. IDK unless the killer tunnels or some crap ill trust them, usually works out. They could also be doing a rift challenge which in that case just give it to them so less players in the future have to deal with that crap

• LuckySteveMain
    LuckySteveMain Member Posts: 11
    Options

Ok i let them open the gate then i stab them in the back........ but i just deep wound them not down them i need my frenzzy points...

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

I used to do it to allow a survivor whose team has been destroyed to get extra points before I get my last hook in, but I stopped. It seems shady. Like I was taking advantage of their good will

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

Don't. That person's a hardcore bad faith actor, they're trying to get a rise out of people.

• KeBBySemPai
    KeBBySemPai Member Posts: 19
    Options

Idk ab you but if i decide to let a survivor leave i usually do.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHA

As in the survivors started it, like somehow its automatically that way and not just the nature of the game.

You even got a couple upvotes for that low hanging fruit.

The echo room of this forum never manages to surprise me.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

I wasn't trying to imply the survivors started it. Just that is is never ending loop, Which it is. That comment did rile a couple of you up for hitting a little to close to home it seems. Toxic attitude causes more toxic attitude. it is a very simple and truthful reality. I wasn't trolling or trying to be profound. It is a core problem with online communities and for some reason this game more then others.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

I wasn't trying to imply this was something started by survivors, just that it is an endless loop. I wasn't trying to be profound. Some of you were riled up by that comment, which is interesting.

The simply truth is toxic behavior spreads and gets the other side to often respond in similar toxic ways. this is not a revolutionary statement.

Online gaming communities always suffer by this, and this games community really takes it up a notch.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,027
    Options

How is it any different? One is letting your opponite get points without GIVING a sacrafice while the other is giving points without giving an escape. Those 2 things are very much comparable.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options