Is the Demogorgon fine?

I don't see many people talking about Demogorgon balance wise. People seem to agree he's a balanced killer, but honestly he has a lot of the problems PH and Deathsnorer have with his shred attack. If he's using it and you're at a window or pallet he just gets a free hit with no effort, and if you fake it he just cancels with zero cooldown and hits you. Maybe he should get the PH treatment? His portals give him so much power anyway from being able to go anywhere at any time, and free info on when survivors try to break them so you can't counterplay them unless you get lucky. Even if you break them, he can place them so quickly it's not even worth it, so you just have to let him use them. If you can't counter his portals or his shred, and he's got free wallhacks and some really strong cheap addons, how is he "balanced?"

This just seems like Hillbilly again to me when killers try to hide an obviously overtuned and low skill killer from being balanced. After spirit and deathsnorer and doctor and all the other overtuned killers get changed maybe he should be on the list. Just my thoughts

Comments

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

Dude I had a match against him earlier where we physically could not win due to him being able to use his portals to instantly travel to every remaining generator. Sure we got down to 1 needed to power the gates, but it was impossible to repair because he was running ruin.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

I'm not saying he's OP, at least not in the 1v4. I usually win most of my games against him. He just doesn't have much counterplay for how simple his power is to use and i'm surprised there aren't more people pointing this out.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Honestly, I love playing against demo. If I could play against one every game, I would

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Uhhh have you thought about maybe not vaulting a window in front of a DS/PH/Demo? There is this other resource on the map called pallets that pretty much hard counter some of these killers. You should use them.

As for Demo balance wise, as long as they tune down his hitbox so it isn't complete BS id be fine with rat tail and liver being base kit, plus a hitbox when shredding off of a building for some meme shreds.

Also, hillbilly overtuned? If anything id say he was overrated. People claimed you couldn't loop a good hillbilly yet he was easy as hell to loop and pretty much the only thing he had and still has is really good mobility.

• Regulus47

Demogorgon can break pallets with his shred. If you drop the pallet he'll just break it with a reduced cooldown and it's like Leatherface all over again. Deathslinger can pull you around loops and injure you over pallets even if you drop it so that doesn't matter, and PH has the same braindead "mindgame" at pallets and windows. And of course Hillbilly was overtuned? He had a literal instant instadown with just one addon, infinite speed and mobility, and no limitations on his power whatsoever. He can just curve if you're trying to loop him (which he can still do) so I don't see your argument.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

^ this. Demo is a good Killer, not the strongest one, but not weak either. And the best Killer to use STBFL.

If they add Rat Liver as Basekit and rework some of his Add Ons, he can be even better. But its not like he is in need of a full Rework.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

He has to place them all and travel through them/activate before he can track survivors that takes time and they can be sealed before he can even do it.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

"At least not in the 1v4"

Good thing this game is a 1v4 and not a 1v1 then.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

Given its auto-inclusion in most builds, I think even this change would make him much better!

• Regulus47

Ok then, I guess Deathsnorer and Redhead's Pinky Finger/Flask of Bleach Clown are fine then.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    edited November 2020

He is really weak against a meta genrush squad. He will do fine against solo Q if you play well.

I rarely use STBFL on him because against good players every hit is going to be a shred if you want downs in a reasonable amount of time.

HIs portals do little to nothing until the game is a 3v1, by which the time you practically already won anyways. He can't down people fast enough to use the mobility effectively as pressure, nor is target swapping and spreading damage that viable when so many people are running healing builds.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Demo is completely fine. His Shred is fine, and he has plenty counterplay. Channeling Abyss slows him pretty considerably (a quick google and a look at the Wiki tells me that he moves at 92% while using his power) , and I don't know if you noticed, but it's incredibly obvious when he's about to shred. Sure, he can fake it, but half the killers in the game can fake their powers. Most people love versing him. Missing a Shred gives him a massive cooldown, so yes - he's fine. He's not overtuned, or anything. If anything, he could use a buff.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Demos CD after breaking a pallet isn't as short as Bubba, it's actually quite long and still gives you an opportunity to get to other tiles assuming decent positioning. Due to his portals having waaaay too much set up time, they actually give him only a bit of pressure, meaning you can throw pallets willy nilly with no punishment as all the gens should be done in time. It's the main reason why he's still regarded as mid to low tier.

PH and Deathslinger go a lot deeper than "he'll just drag you around loops", LOS, types of loops etc etc.

If you knew the curves and were constantly in good positions, Billy could never instant down you until you were in a deadzone or until you were in a Lose Lose which rarely happened. His viability was and still is carried by his mobility .

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

He needs buffs and a lot of QoL changes. He's one of those killers who are technically fine, but once you look harder into them, a lot of issues get exposed.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    edited November 2020

I'm tired of Demo literally telling the entire map of when it does something.

Basic attack? Global.

Shred attack? Global.

Shred a pallet? Global.

Missed a basic attack? Global.

Missed a Shred? Global.

Using a portal? Global.

Walking? Not global but it's loud and can be heard from a decent range away.

Even as Survivor I get annoyed when hearing Demo scream something for the 30th time in the match.

• Regulus47

Oni, Hillbilly and a bunch of similarly strong killers have those mapwide sounds too. It's to offset for their strong powers. Plus, it fits the killer as an interdimensional monster.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

key word is strong. None of demo's abilities are even close to be strong. Also, never use "it fits" as an argument in BALANCE discussions. thanks.

• NomiNomad

Demo isn't nearly as strong as Oni is, that's the difference.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Imo he is a mix with many gameplay: Stealth, teleport, mid-range attack, anti-loop. But all those aspects are either weak or easy to counter.

• Regulus47

Demogorgon isn't as strong as Oni but they're not massively far apart. They both have incredible mobility and a really, really strong chase power with little to no drawbacks. But at least Oni can be countered most of the time, but at the expense of having an instadown if you screw up. More risk for more reward, as a killer should be ideally. I think people really underestimate Demogorgon to be honest.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

in my opinion he’s not good not because he’s weak but it’s because his power is so generic. If you watched the show you know how strong he is he can travel in between dimensions, can withstand heavy firepower, can shred through walls like nothing and sense blood from every dimension. But here he’s just a generic teleport killer with a mediocre range attack. His power should have been much better he should have gotten Freddy’s power of going i between different realms. That’s my opinion.

• NomiNomad

I wouldn't say Demo's mobility is "incredible". Plenty of killers have far, far better mobility. The fact that he has a hefty cool-down on teleporting, and he can only teleport from set locations that can be destroyed. Demo has plenty of risk reward, on both sides. It's incredibly easy to tell if he's about to Shred, and even if he fakes it he's slowed for a moment, so it's all up to the Survivor to out play them. If Demo misses, he is hugely punished. Demo isn't terrible, but I don't think he's 'hard to counter' by any means.

• BugsGalore
    BugsGalore Member Posts: 57

Demo needs a lo of addon changes. Make rat liver base kit, and either buff the rest or change the effects. One of his addons is literally mindbreaker for portals, which I think is one of the most puzzlingly stupid and mediocre addons (aside from the ones that flat out nerf your ability for bloodpoints).

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

His Shred is legit so incredibly baitable. How could you possible have issue vs Demogorgon in chase unless he already has 8 stacks of STBFL?

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Demogorgon is mostly fine, but could maybe stand to receive a few small buffs/QoL changes here and there.

IMO it is an enjoyable killer to play against, but also a rather challenging killer to play due to some of the flaws inherent in its kit (portals are slow to prep and use with heavy placement restrictions, Shred sometimes gets blocked by dumb objects like doorways and fire barrels, its add-on complement is very underwhelming, and DG makes so much noise with every action that its hard for survivors NOT to know its approximate location at any given moment).

I think Demogorgon is kinda in the same boat as Pig and Wraith: fun to play and capable of being very powerful (especially with the right add-ons), but let down by specific base-kit problems that the survivors can sometimes exploit to handicap these killers.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

Deathslinger is a low B-tier killer at best, clown is still the worst killer in the game, but certain addons are broken sure. Bleach is fine, but finger is too easy. Same with huntress and her iridecent head. They both need to be toned down.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I’ve been learning this myself now I’ve been sinking more time into him, and despite previously ranting that Shred was useless.

I absolutely LOVE using portals as traps. Pretending I don’t know survivors are nearby, using a portal, circling back around using LoS blockers, and catching them out while closing the portal and oblivious.

• VeNoM17
    VeNoM17 Member Posts: 64

Hillbilly Is not low skill?it takes 100s of games to learn to curve him properly and consistently to use him to max potential. Dont run in a straight line like a pleb and he won't seem so OP maybe same with demo?lol like what kindve troll thread is this. Before you ######### that im a killer main im actually not im red rank killer and survivor on xbox.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    edited November 2020

Demogorgon op? Welp gotta say thats a first for me.

His addons are complete trash btw dont know why you act like they are very strong.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,940

The thing has, he gets nothing when someone drops a pallet at him. PH gets a potential injure and down, Slinger gets and injure + Deep Wound but Demo only breaks the Pallet, nothing else. At Windows he is kinda similar, yeah.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

what addons are op on demo?

free wall hacks if you dont clense portals? are you just standing on portals constantly?

PH's ranged attack can go through walls its much better than shred, DS's harpoon can go through pallets and windows its better than shred and before you parrot the tried and true "well you cant down survivors with it unless you have a clear pathway" a free deep wound and possible injure makes up for it

i'll just leave this here: freddy's gen tele>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>demo's portal tele

demo is on the weaker side he is consistently ranked with myers, bubba and plague in B to C tier range

he is widely considered to have the worse addon selection in the game even worse than current nurse

the only things he has going for him is amazing stbfl synergy being objectively better than clown by having answer to 3 out of the 5 things freddy has base kit opposed to clown's 2 out of 5 and demo doesnt have a tacked on reload.

you're really over selling him hes just not that good