Question for doctor mains

I have tried out the doctor and I'm in love with him the thing is I'm not great using him I usually win about 60% of my games, I'm sorta new to the game and the only killer I really played is the doctor I have him at level 50. My question is, what are the best perks for the doctor? Right now I'm running overcharge, distressing, iron grasp and sloppy butcher.

Comments

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

That's good but take out Iron Grasp for something else. Try another skill check perk they're great on doctor like Unnerving Presence or Lullaby.

• Natex
    Natex Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2020

remember be a cool guy and dont use 2 ultra rare addons with ebony mori thats people is trash

take out iron grasp and take barbecue and chili for more bp

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

my personal build on him consists of:

Pop Goes The Weasel - as its an amazing game slow down perk

BBQ & Chili - because of the map knowledge it gives you. also double BP are nice to have

Enduring - i eat pallets for breakfast.

Brutal Strength - i am a fast eater.

for Add Ons i'd recommend Calm and Order.

Calm increases your Terror Radius when your blast is ready, so you can hit more people with it, and makes it smaller when the blast is on cooldown, so you can sneak up on them a lot better. Survivors will also hear a fake heartbeat, which can confuse them into eigther hiding when you're not even around or staying put when you are actually approaching.

Order makes your blast recharge faster and creates fake pallets where you broke a real one. this works especially well together with Enduring + Brutal Strength.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,226

I personally run Whispers over Distressing. The radius of the Static Blast might be a bit smaller but it lets you know when exactly to pop it. When Whispers is on, that means you'll get at least one person every time. This info lets you get into chases really quickly.

I also wouldn't run Overcharge by itself if possible, Pop (along with Ruin maybe) would be my go to. If it's the only thing you have access to (not everyone has the DLCs), it'll do, but I'd recommend running Unnerving Presence with it, that makes the Overcharge skillcheck a big deal.

Running Terror Radius perks like these is the only time I usually swap Whispers for Distressing, as it makes a big difference. If you want to go over the top, double stack the Calm addons to have a massive terror radius when your Static Blast is charged. Keep in mind that this'll tremendously decrease your terror radius while it's on cooldown, but you can use that to your advantage.

Hope this helps :D

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

My Build is:

BBQ-->Mainly for BPs, I think I have all Perks on Doc by now, so I might switch it anyway. But it is a good Perk, so if you have it, use it.

Corrupt Intervention-->Helps with the early game, my favorite Slowdown-Perk

Save the best for last-->Good on M1-Killers, Doctor can profit from this Perk. But he will also lose 4 Stacks when downing the Obsession, since there is no alternate way of getting hits.

Brutal Strength-->Survivors drop Pallets early, so it helps to get rid of them.

Other things that can be considered are Slowdown Perks-->Sloppy Butcher, Pop Goes the Weasel, Ruin/Undying.

Whispers is also an option, amazing tracking Perk and combined with the Blast, you will find Survivors easily,when Whispers is on, you can blast and should know where they are.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Whispers is really good, as soon as you see it active, use his Static Blast.

You should try to max Hag just so you can unlock Hex Ruin, the "best" killer perk in the game. Use It.

Hex Undying is also pretty good when combined with Ruin

NOED is pretty good as well.

The doctor doesnt really need any specific perks, his power, if used correctly can counter most loops in the game.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,142

I like running Distressing and Whispers; the combo of those two perks means I get the best value out of his shock blasts. I usually put Unnerving Presence in as a third perk to go along with Distressing.

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77

Use both red add ons.

Use monitor and observe, ruin, undying and bbq.

Don't pay attention to people saying not to use them. Survivors will use red keys, bulbs, maps etc but somehow a weak killer using their best add ons is wrong?

Please.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

I love running Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Iron Maiden, and Whispers. Whispers guarantees that you hit a survivor with Static Blast every time, Iron Maiden punishes locker plays to avoid it, and the last two to add pressure to all skill checks.

For add-ons, I typically run Iridecent King, and swap out the second slot for whatever I'm feeling

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Monitor&Abuse is actually not good on Doctor, since it reduces the Terror Radius to 24 meters when out of chase, meaning that you will find less people with the Static Blast.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 422

Pop and Ruin don't work together since you can't kick the gens.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

Otzdarva put out a video for "beginner builds" for killers a while back, which features builds you can use without having unlocked any other Teachables. His build for the Doctor was Distressing, Hex: No One Escapes Death, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, and Sloppy Butcher. Add-on wise he recommends range add-ons (the various electrodes) alongside the Maple Knight (shows you the area of effect of Shock Therapy) to learn different ranges.

For builds w/ Teachables: A Doctor main on Twitch, Archdruiddrey, has a favored build of Barbecue & Chili (Leatherface), Iron Maiden (Legion), Save the Best For Last (Myers), and Surge (Demogorgon). Of the four, Surge he uses primarily for convenience so he has to kick less gens less often.

For myself, I like using the Plague's Dark Devotion. Not to win, just for fun. The Doctor is a fun Killer to pull Terror Radius shenanigans with

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

I'd replace iron grasp with unnerving presence (Trapper's perk not Doctor's perk, Doctor's is overwhelming presence). Distressing + overcharge + unnerving presence because overcharge and unnerving presence makes the skill check ridiculously small and hard to hit. If you get a map like the game where distressing increases your terror radius to around half the size of that map then it's very unlikely anyone is going to be hitting those skill checks.

• DrHg
    DrHg Member Posts: 37

Hex:ruin , Hex: undying , Brutal Strength,and sloppy butcher.

Hex ruin and undying to slow gens,brutal strength to kick pre dropped pallet if you use ur power correctly,and you can actually change sloppy for something else,but i prefer sloppy so that if i pressure by injuring 2 survivors atleast they need to heal longer.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

Practice mechanics with his powers. Learn how to prevent pallet drops window vaults for free hits. This is more difficult at high rank, as survivors are very aware that you are slowed when activating shock therapy, so it takes some skill to master.

I only bring this up, because Doc is one of the few killers that can win any game VS any team with no build at all.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,226

Yeah, I know, I run Pop as a backup in case Ruin goes.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

I like to be somewhat of a shitter most of the time so I run

unnerving

overcharge

pop

and tinker

with a iri Queen and a calm. Cause ######### your gen progress