does any one else like to play at lower ranks?

Options

due to not playing for really long my rank was reset and i played against really low level players but i think its more fun less toxic less try harding

Comments

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94
    Options

yes, it is great.

• DrHg
    DrHg Member Posts: 37
    Options

its fun,you can use weaker killer like trapper,demogorgon,pig,etc and you can use a fun build while also not tryharding.Also just a tip just dont kill all survivors,try to only get 1 pip and not double pip because you know,higher rank means more suffering and more tryharding

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

Personally I prefer the harder games that go down right to the wire, which naturally occur much more often at high ranks. Those games where there are two survivors facing the killer with a gen to complete, they’re the fun ones, especially with a killer or survivor who knows how to trick you and run loops.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

Not much, there's no challenge at all and such games are not fair.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

I'm rank 1 actually but I'm planning to derank at next rank reset to at least rank 9 as killer

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Its just not a challenge.

I enjoy playing at red ranks, some games you win, some you lose.

But it keeps you sharp.

Playing at lower ranks is detrimental to your improvement. And will condition you to a playstyle you won't have time for at high ranks.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Less toxic sure but less fun. I can't enjoy a game where the survivors are running away from pallets or running z walls during a chase.

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77
    Options

Higher the rank, more toxic the survivors. Which in turn brings out the worst in me, which i don't like.

My end game chats are 9/10 times awful. I'm as guilty as they are as well.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

I couldn’t care either way. Most red ranks play like greens anyway, on both sides.

• ScreamingFeng
    ScreamingFeng Member Posts: 26
    Options

I was recently back from an almost 2 year break and grinding my way back to rank 1 as survivor was horrible. Most people at grey/yellow ranks don't do gens (some don't do them because they can't even hit skillchecks consistently), get downed too fast, waste too many pallets without needing to... And I'm not saying they're supposed to know how to play perfectly, I'm the one who isn't supposed to be there but I did have to deal with that a lot in order to go back to ranks I feel comfortable at. There ARE people like that at rank 1 but they're not the majority anymore (at least in the SA region) so it doesn't bother me as much.

As killer though, completely chill games until I was around rank 5 which is where things normally start to get stressing (pressure to pip, etc). I'd even stay at green/yellow ranks if I didn't feel bad. Can't help but feel like I'm smurfing and ruining newer players' experiences.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

Green ranks is the best, they do more gens than red ranks. And because the difference in skill is noticeable I can relax and not do gens and work on my chases or flash saves. I find it unfair to try and win at lower ranks.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Yeah I agree. The challenge is needed at all times to get better.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

No because there's no challenge and it's boring as hell. Why play a PvP game if you don't want to be challenged? Getting back from rank 15 or wherever I was after not playing killer much for months was the most boring thing I did in this game. It was so dull going into every match knowing you're gonna win in 60 seconds. Combine that with terrible queue times and I don't even know if it was worth it in the end.

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231
    Options

Honestly, no.

I remember when I took quite a big break from this game and when I came back, even though my rank was lower, I was still a rank 1 at heart and I just didn’t enjoy destroying the survivors or being able to loop baby killers all game.

I like a fair fight. It makes it more fun for me when you win.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

This kind of translates to "do you like playing on easy mode agaisnt people that are playing on hard mode."

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

Both killer and survivor yes. You can kind of just enjoy the game and you don't have to sweat with meta perks every time. The reason I play killer only few times per month so I don't have to rank up.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

I'll purposely drop killer for a couple rank resets to make tome challenges easier, but otherwise, I find lower ranks to be relatively stale.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

It can be fun once in a while, but as it’s absolutely no fun for the people who genuinely should be there to be punching bags for smurfs and derankers, I just stay at high ranks.