Why do people put ttv in their name ?

Options

All it does is show that you’re a streamer which will make you more likely to get trolled or face camped

Comments

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

So people know and can see the other side after the game if they so wish.

I get sniped, tunnelled, etc, all the time for it. Comes with the territory. I still like watching the alternate perspective.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454
    Options

As a Survivor main I don't like it when I see a TTV survivor in the lobby, I try to stay as far away as possible from him during the match (if I don't leave the lobby early, which I usually don't because it takes long enough to find a match let alone two)

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

To advertise their channels.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    Options

To promote their stream. . .

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716
    Options

🙄 I highly doubt you didnt already know any of the things stated here.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

Why are do ads exist? That's literally the only question you need to ask. To Gain promotion there you go now your question has been answered.

• Izy
    Izy Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2020
    Options

Everytime I get a ttv player I expect sweaty SWF who are going to troll me. But those kinds of groups are plentiful without the warning anyways. I don't make it my life goal to make ttv players miserable and most end up pretty chill and not mad at you returning their sweat with your own.

I've gone and given someone a follow after if they are nice in end game chat. This is just a game after all. Sometimes I like to watch vods and see what people say. It's an interesting perspective to see people question your plays or see how you just missed them.

Be kind, among your fellow players. The game is better when not everyone is being a jerk. A good twitch streamers can help bring more players to the game. I've had plenty of nice experiences with twitch streamers that honestly outweigh the nasty ones.

Post edited by Izy on
  • Rockatansky
    Rockatansky Member Posts: 32
    Options

To let you know to bring a mori.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

because errybody wants to be the next ninja...

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

The only people who put TTV in their names are people who aren't partnerd or are looking to be and use that as publicity to get in a higher viewer count. You hardly see any big streamer put ttv in their username in game.

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    Options

I like to check their streamings after a match so I can download the video and upload my facecampings in my channel

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77
    Options

Good thing though, hook the twitch person, and 9/10 times their 3 simps will throw themselves at the hook trying to free them.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Nothing wrong with it.

People who snipe, trolling, facecamp etc have the problem. Not the ttv name.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

In my (recent) experience with T.tv they teabag a lot of try to bait chases but end up not being very good.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

To promote.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,623
    Options

As others have said, to promote. There is not really another way to get people into your stream. Like, if you look at the DBD-Category on Twitch, you will scroll A LOT to find people with 0 viewers. You wont be found on Twitch, so you need to poke others to your stream.

Making the Streamers game miserable is also a problem with the person who is doing it. If someone is a Streamer, this does not mean that they are bad people or anything. And ruining their game just because they have fun streaming it (which means, showing others that they have fun playing the game) is not really a good thing.

• penguinmonster913
    penguinmonster913 Member Posts: 5
    Options

putting ttv in your name is fine just don't get mad when people stream snipe