How many times do we have to tell them before the devs will actually listen?

Options
indieeden7
indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

STOP. MAKING. CHALLENGES. THAT. RELY. SOLELY. ON. THE. ACTIONS. OF. THE. PLAYER'S. OPPOSITION.

I have been trying to get the "Fight Back" challenge for legitimately over 10 matches now but whatever I do, it seems that as long as I have the challenge equipped, all the killers I play against respect pallets. How is anything a challenge if it doesn't rely on your skill but instead relies on the opposing player walking into the pallet that you're going to drop?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

The reality is I get the same challenges you do and I'm not having a problem. I expect challenges to be challenging. I'm not being snarky or making light of your irritation. Clearly you are having a problem with this one. Select a different one. Move on. Come back to it later when you are running into Killers who break your pallets. I break them all the time. They are worth points. The issue will resolve itself.

The DEV are never going to listen to you TELL them anything. You would do better just resolving your own issue.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

so you equip other things that help and yes sometimes you don't get the pallet hits.... oh well, it happens. what this does is gives you more rift shards by the time you complete the challenge.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Just get hit through pallets. Although even when I try to do that they take a solid 5 seconds to realise that I'm not dropping it and holy ######### just hit me through the pallet why are you so scared of being stunned stop worshiping these pallets

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I'm convinced that the Archive team either has no clue how DBD is actually played (do they expect everyone to be all friendly and help out with challenges?) or the Archives are a testing ground.

Tome 3 level 3 had a challenge that wanted you to get two gen grabs in a single game while running Discordance. It wouldn't be so bad if grabs actually worked.

The last Tome had a challenge that needed you to escape as the Obsession, which is something that is completely up to RNG. Unsurprisingly, people didn't like that. Guess what the devs did for level 2 of this Tome? They brought it back. All of the feedback on it was just tossed out the window. The only challenges that they listened to feedback to were the get kills with NOED/get safe unhooks during EGC. I think they also looked at a couple of the hook challenges, but those were just reward errors.

Simple challenges like stunning Killers or getting Obsession kills sound good on paper, but they can easily be abused. I've had Killers start acting so scared of pallets that they'll give up a guaranteed hit just because they don't want to be stunned. I'm having to resort to locker DS to get some of these stuns, which hurts me. When I was doing the Obsession kill challenge, nearly every Survivor would refuse to stun me after seeing the first Obsession switch. I had two Survivors straight up choose death rather than stun me. In the end I had to use Moris to get this challenge done.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

The title could be more specific, but I agree.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Easy = Don't pay the rift.

Money is the only real argument.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

Doesn't work like that. The Rift and skins are all low cost to make. It's better for them business wise to put these in regardless of what happens, unless the game dies.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I don’t mind challenges like this as long as they’re not those “in a single match” ones.

Stunning the killer 4 times? I can throw on that challenge and I’ll get there eventually. Stunning the killer 4 times in one match? I’m either gonna have to wait for a farming killer, or just throw the match trying to get it.

• cynichism
    cynichism Member Posts: 52
    Options

I still haven't been able to complete a challenge requiring you to complete 4 gens while using some perk... In a single trial.

Even if I can get the other survivors on board (because it'd be impossible to get to four gens and finish them off before all 5 are done), the killer hardly cooperates.

That's really the only one that pisses me off. Plenty of others are a pain in the ass, and I have the same issues getting pallet stuns only on those challenges too.. or I'll survive like 5 games in a row but as soon as I put on an escape a trial challenge, I get tunneled every game, what's up with that?

• ChainsawsChickenNBBQ
    Options

You need to look up the definition of the word "challenge"

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Spinning a wheel every game to see if you'd get a pallet brute forcing killer isn't challenge its just tedious.

RNG isn't challenging and realistically can never be challenging which is why its an issue.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Wouldn't work like that even if the cost to make skins is high, the archives are entirely free and whether you pay for the rift has 0 impact on the challenges, besides - this challenge is easily do-able, people have stunned a killer 3 times in tens of thousands of matches before this challenge and will continue to do so after this challenge.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

Hmm I always use head on to complete these kind of challenges. At least 1 per match is guaranteed, granted that I can hide from the killer once. But this last time I got the 4 stuns in just 2 matches. The flashlight ones, however, I always skip.

I agree that those challenges are way too situational

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Ngl, I'm having issues with By Any Means Necessary. I've legit dropped no pallets across about 10 games and survived every single one lmao

• Only2Megabytes
    Only2Megabytes Member Posts: 37
    Options

Camp the pallets with a stypic or insta syringe, I have used this strategy every single stun challenge and I always get it in one or two games.

• Only2Megabytes
    Only2Megabytes Member Posts: 37
    Options

Flashlight saves or just blinds, all you have to do is blind at pallet, then reblind a second later, then keep doing that, I got like 8 for a challenge in one game off of that.

• BigHat
    BigHat Member Posts: 97
    Options

Just because it is tough and can take a while doesnt mean they should change the challenge. Especially easy survivor ones.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

"Unhook someone who unhooked you earlier in the match" 3 times

Actual garbage tier luck challenge, assuming you and a friend don't throw for one of you to get it.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364
    edited November 2020
    Options

Still easier than Last Minute Hero challenge or that stupid Dwight challenge where you had to crouch around the killer and escape. I hate challenges in general that require you not only wait till the end of the match basically (you might die earlier) but also do something difficult beforehand and then hope that you will escape. To many variables. Especially when some of your success depends on the killer or teammates.

What I do when they ask me to stun the killer several times in the match is I'm basically sacrifice myself and stand at the pallet waiting for the killer to hit me. Then repeat. Sometimes you are lucky and don't get hit. I also bring medkit with septic or syringe.

I'm waiting for "kill 5 survivors in one trial" challenge 😆

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122
    Options

I never respect pallets as killer, but I know they do it simply because it CAN save time - though it doesn't always do that.