Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers hitting weird lunges

Can someone explain to me how every single dbd game I am in I drop the pallet, the killer lunges through the pallet drop, hits me, then teleports backwards and gets stunned. I am so sick of this. Also, the killer is constantly missing lunges, and as they re-ready their weapon, they get a hit. This is making the game extremely hard to play. Just want to know if anyone else see's these issues

Comments

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

Hits are killer sided so they register from the killer point of view. This is especially prevalent when there is lag involved.

There's a new system in the works to try to remedy this.

• Azeroth
    Azeroth Member Posts: 66

They working on that "new system" 4 years and still this game work like a #########.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

There might be some latency issues at play here, but otherwise this is the game working as intended.

You get locked in place by the animation while dropping a pallet, and killers have a very brief window in which they can hit you before the pallet falls.

You might need to drop pallets a little earlier, especially if you think you're going against someone with high latency.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

That sounds like a series of latency issues, and given that it's extremely rare to go against a series of players with very high ping, it's probably you

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

From the killer's point of view, they're hitting you and are basically touching you, then you drop the pallet and they get knocked back 3 feet.