5 Perk Slots

Ok so I know this has most definitely been brought up before. I am brand new to site so please forgive me if I repeat anything. My idea is to have 5 perks slots for both killer and survivor. However, the 5th slot can not be used for any teachable perks. So for example survivor can put in spine chill, killer can put in bitter murmur. Just an example. What are your thoughts??

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,081

First of all, the game is created and balanced around 4 Perks per Character. Changing this now would lead to a HUGE rebalance which is needed so that some Perk-Combos dont become too oppressive. And this is not really something the Devs should focus on.

For Survivor, you would get some really good Perks for free - Kindred (which I would not mind personally), Spine Chill/Resilience (which is used together, so 1 additional Slot for another Perk), We Will Make It for heals, Plunderers Instinct for a high chance to get a Key...

For Killers, there are even some Meta-Perks included - NOED, Sloppy Butcher, Whispers. I would probably get a benefit on every Killer, since I run Whispers on a lot of Killers and if not, Sloppy Butcher. NOED would be a free Perk without having the downside of using only 3 Perks the whole game.

And while the number for Killer Perks which are really good and non-teachable is smaller in my example, they are pretty strong.

You dont want to mess with balance by adding a fifths Perk Slot.

• CrazieMarie
    CrazieMarie Member Posts: 7

I see where your coming from and survivors do have a lot to work with, but as you mentioned the killer perks are very strong and are already used in regular builds now. So, maybe limit the survivors perks?

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I have to agree with @Aven_Fallen

Givin the track record...

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259
    edited November 2020

If they did add that it in , it should be that you can equip four perks of your choice and then add any generic perk that already comes unlocked as a fifth , that way you would be limited on what your fifth slot would be and you couldn't couple more meta perks in to totally break the balance

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Oh yea I see now sorry I'm still not totally awake yet lol , I would be able to get behind an idea like this I think it could be something that adds a little more spice to the game after all this time of the same ol same ol, maybe even shake the meta up a little bit by people wanting to try different things

• CrazieMarie
    CrazieMarie Member Posts: 7

No worries, it's just an idea anyhow I wanted to know how people felt about it in that context

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,081

Of course you can use more Meta-Perks, because you can use a Non-teachable in the fifth Slot.

Like, my regular Survivor Build is DS, BT, Dead Hard, Iron Will. None of them can be moved, but I get something like Spine Chill for free so that Stealth Killers are in a disadvantage without me giving up any of my Meta-Perks.

Vault Build for Survivors is usually Spine Chill, Resilience, Iron Will and an Exhaustion Perk (mostly Dead Hard). Now you can move either Spine Chill or Resilience to the fifth Slot and have a Slot for DS.

For Killers, my Billy-Build is Whispers, Enduring, BBQ and Infectious Fright. I can move Whispers and get something like Spirit Fury or a Slowdown Perk of my choice. Or on my Spirit, I use BBQ, Corrupt Intervention, Sloppy Butcher and Nurses Calling. I could move Sloppy to put something like PGTW in as an example.

Even if it would only be a Perk Slot for non-teachable, you will be able to run more Meta-Perks.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I was think of:

Corrupt- TT- DMS- Nemesis- Whispers

Sloopy- Thana- Dying Light- Distressing- Coulrophobia

My killer build right now is:

Sloppy- Corrupt- BBQ- Whispers (then I can add on STBFL or any other perk for that matter)

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

I've had a thought that the current perks should be categorized then only slotted to certain perk slots.

Like first slot is action, second is utility, etc.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

5 PERK SLOTS ? the answer is short. It´s to much, NO !

• edenfruit
    edenfruit Member Posts: 4

Not a fifth perk but new modes like offline practice, time trials where you have to survive til its daylight , 8 survivors 2 killers 10 gen mode, and some Easter eggs in the map like finding items putting them in other maps

• JustNxck
    JustNxck Member Posts: 22

no, would just make the game even more unbalanced