Is Adrenaline ultra meta now?

been seeing a lot of survivors running adrenaline almost as if its self care, hard to find a game without it

Comments

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135
    edited October 2018

M e h. it's loved cause it can make for some pretty wild moments, but 90% of the time it's just there to give you a 5 second sprint burst when the gates are powered. However it is an endgame perk and a one time use, making it practically a dead perk. And it CAN be a dead perk if you die early on. I use urban evasion now instead, but it really comes down to your play style. I like to have the ability to play stealthy and play risky being that my perks are Urban Evasion, Self Care, Sprint Burst and Iron Will.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@Link said:
    M e h. it's loved cause it can make for some pretty wild moments, but 90% of the time it's just there to give you a 5 second sprint burst when the gates are powered. However it is an endgame perk and a one time use, making it practically a dead perk. And it CAN be a dead perk if you die early on. I use urban evasion now instead, but it really comes down to your play style. I like to have the ability to play stealthy and play risky being that my perks are Urban Evasion, Self Care, Sprint Burst and Iron Will.

lol one time use so it's a dead perk.

Sums up what I think of Haunting Grounds

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455

It's always been meta with SWF. More streamers are playing almost exclusively SWF, and their viewers are picking up on their loadouts.

Survivors aren't dependent on perks. Their gameplay centers around doing generators and looping killers, neither of which really require perk investments (besides MAYBE an exhaustion perk). That is why they can afford to take one-time use perks (DS and Adrenaline) or situational/clutch perks (BT and Adrenaline) while your typical M1 killer will be taking Enduring and Spirit Fury or Bamboozle or Brutal Strength to keep up with loopers and Ruin to combat gen rushing.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I use it most of the time, but I wouldn't say its that amazing considering it's a one time use and only works after all the gens are done. It can pull off some amazing plays however.
    Got downed right as the last gen got done and it saved my a**. My god my heart was racing when that happened xD Luckily i was right next to the killer shack pallet.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    It got a massive surge in popularity after BT got nerfed so it no longer protected the guy doing the unhook as well as the guy being unhooked. The Survivor meta tends to follow perks that don’t require much brain power, as well as doesn’t require team work to be massively effective.  

This is for two reasons : 

1. Survivors tend not to trust their team mates. They bring perks that make them self sufficient over any team oriented perks.

2. The more self sufficient a single Survivor is, the less team mates have to do in order to help them. Which equates to faster Gen Rushing because there is no need to get off a Gen to help someone.
  • MhhBurgers

adrenaline is not a self-sufficient perk most of the time.

• MhhBurgers

I just think it shouldn't wake people up from freddy's dream, Wake me up! should wake them up in endgame.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    been seeing a lot of survivors running adrenaline almost as if its self care, hard to find a game without it
    I personally love adrenaline it’s definitely a good perk but not meta 
  • AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274

Was always the meta perk if you r the one who wants to get chased whole game

• lyric

Was always the meta perk if you r the one who wants to get chased whole game

It’s not meta though because it relies on all gens getting done to be active , a meta perk for example: Sprint burst , because it can be used throughout the game to get away from the killer as to where if you’re camped and tunneled while running adrenaline it’s not going to help you unless you’re on the hook when the last generator pops 
  • Its a strong perk. A lot of the more toxic survivors will run it.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It was in the shrine a week ago with ds so I'm not surprised

• lyric
    Its a strong perk. A lot of the more toxic survivors will run it.
    Lol hey now I don’t think I’m that toxic 
  • Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

Most of the time it's not super effective...but when you have it in the right situation? Ohhhh it's good.

• lyric

I just think it shouldn't wake people up from freddy's dream, Wake me up! should wake them up in endgame.

I like how it does that and I mean who doesn’t wake up with an adrenaline surge? How could you still be asleep? I think  if they took that part out they would have to change the name because it would make zero sense

personally I don’t believe a self care skill check messing up should wake you up I think that Freddy should have special medicine boxes in the map where you can wake yourself up like the medicine from the movie and a teammate should be able to wake you up and that’s it. Freddy would be a way more viable threat if self care couldn’t wake up survivors 
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    It's a solid perk if you have a nick of living until the gens are all complete. 
    I like how it makes the tunneling really hard when you are hooked as the final gen pops.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Ok can somone explain how it works like does it unhook you when triggered?
  • Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

Nah, but if triggered while on the hook you'll be at 100% health and get the sprint burst when unhooked.

@redsopine1 said:
    Ok can somone explain how it works like does it unhook you when triggered?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i like it, since i play solo most of the time and it can really help me getting to that exit gate faster after i repaired the last gen (and most of the time the other 4 too), so i can end the round faster with a win for me.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Same with Noed buddy lol
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    edited October 2018

@GT_Legend2 said:

Maybe because its insanely good, especially in SWF and gens can be knocked out quite fast?
    The only counter to it is NOED, but even then you still got sprintburst to gain distance first