Who is the most balanced killer in the game?

"Spirit is OP!"

"Buff Wraith!"

"Tunnelling, camping, piece of—"

Let's stop for a moment and think, what is the killer that everyone can go, "yeah, (s)he's perfect."

By balanced, I mean neither feels OP nor weak. They are perfect the way they are (minus some potential minor add-on or QoL changes)

My personal vote? I vote Bleet. Once his camera is fixed, I think he's perfect just the way he is provided he doesn't face corn but quite frankly, every killer hates corn.

Comments

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Demo.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited November 2020
  • Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

Demo and Blight are the most balanced in my opinion. Both have good mobility, have decent counterplay and overall just fun to play as/against

• DudelPumaAce
    DudelPumaAce Member Posts: 305

Bubba

Freddy

Huntress (without boeing 747 hitboxes and insta hatchet) but when you play deathling, you most hit surviver perfect xD

Billy

Doc

Ghostface

Oni

the other killer are too weak...

2 killer are to strong (op isnt funny to play vs them)

Nurse: are no problem because you never see a very good nurse player... the nerf was perfect

Spirit: take stridor with a headset and ez win, because surviver dint know where she is, she has a nerf, what where was the nerf ? "haa i thing she has a nerf...yah i dont know where is nErF for her xD"

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Frankly most killers are in the same balance bucket of being good enough to win if you play better than thr survivors but with a somewhat small margin for error. That’s why when you look at the kill rate charts they periodically release you have a whole bunch of killers all clumped together and a couple of outliers on either end.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I used to think Billy but hes been off for some time. Having recently actually given him a chance I think Demo is actually a really well balanced killer in regards to Shred. I do wish he travelled through portals faster and didn't have the global prompt. Or as the very least lower his footstep noise as it makes his short undetectable status worthless.

Some people think "balanced" means a killer that craps all over solo players but averages 1-2 kills against a good swf. I would put a high tier Nurse at blatantly overpowered outside of playing even the best SWF with meta perks.

Spirit I would maybe say isn't "OP" but is very easy to play and not very enjoyable as a survivor due to the complete lack of feedback.

Same with Freddy. He's almost unbeatable for 4 solos against a half decent freddy but gets crapped on by a decent SWF.

• Radiosity
    Radiosity Member Posts: 16

About the Spirit "nerf":

On versions 4.3.0 and 4.3.1, a bug with Spirit emerged where you could hear her breathing while she was phasing not from her husk but from her actual location, so you could potentially determine her position while she uses her ability. Many were aware of it but the bug remained for long enough (and maybe the ability description changed?) that people became convinced it was a nerf to the Spirit's denial of information. Version 4.3.2 fixed "an issue that caused The Spirit's breathing to be heard while she was phasing" and this nerf vanished.

Scott Jund has a video on the 'nerf' and how it works in practice:

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Huntress if you remove iri heads

• gibblywibblywoo

Oh, how could I forget Oni? He's also relatively well balanced. Sort of a glass cannon. Smart survivors can prevent him from getting his power too early but if a good Oni gets it oh boy.

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296

old billy was balanced, but thanks god devs fixed him <3

• gibblywibblywoo

Absolutely based devs listening to week 1 players who don't know what a window is.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

Demogorgon, he just needs QoL changes to his stealth and Portals, also a full add-on rework.

Blight is very balanced aswell, his add-ons are actually good and he's fun to play as and against.

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159
    edited November 2020

My child, is that you?

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

I'd say Billy, basekit Huntress and Demo. They came to mind mind instantly.

Good Billy's always played basekit or brown Add-Ons so they don't overheat now cuz they are ecperienced. The basekit for them didn't change, and Billy's basekit was always balanced.

Huntress can become really opressive with certain Add-Ons but her base seems very fine. A good Huntress will do very well but a bad one will lose. She is good in chases but not overwhelmingly powerful like Nurse or Spirit. She is also very slow which makes her vulnerable in that aspect.

Demo needs some QoL tweaks (less global audio sounds), quieter footsteps and quieter growling sounds while playing. His basekit seems fine as well. His Add-Ons need a rework. His portals are also nice and require thinking to use unlike Freddy's Gen teleport.

Those are probably the most balanced in my opinion while also not suffering from frustrating bugs.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

Nurse is fair as godlike nurses are incredibly rare. Most of the time it is very equal playing field and she doesent suffer from the bad map design as much.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

1.) Nurse, because she is the best killer, but has counterplay, making her balanced.

2.) Billy.

3.) Demogorgon

4.) Oni

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Billy is pretty balanced. He's not overwhelmingly strong (like he previously could be due to certain add-ons) nor is he particularly weak. His power is still good, but can be played around in interesting ways like before.

Base-kit Billy was formerly considered to be the most balanced killer in DbD and, in my opinion, he still is.

• BongRips4Wraith
    BongRips4Wraith Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2020

Blight, gives a ton of map control and control over chases once you know where you can use your power to guarantee a hit. Takes lots of practice to master but anyone can jump right in and have fun. He's 115 so the tiles you can't use your power in aren't miserable like Huntress/Slinger on certain maps. Survivors can trial and error until they find out there are many short objects you can position around perfectly to deny a power hit.

The turning radius can feel bad but you can counter getting spun by starting your swing when you are right on top of the survivor, even if they spin behind you, you still get the hit. Survivors can also level on this and spin the first time, make you whiff, and not spin the second time and make you whiff again when you compensate for them spinning. Its a healthy 50/50 that both sides can do something about, unlike spirit's heavily killer-sided coin flip.

I don't recommend blight on controller, the highest skill level (and fun!) you can achieve with blight involves you bumping a wall and instantly turning to face a survivor/the next bump. Something you can't do very well when a stick is controlling the camera.

Huntress would be here if laggy huntresses actually got punished for their terrible connection instead of getting free hits. Mechanically, she's balanced though.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

I like going against Billy, Ghostface, Demo, Myers (depending on addons), Oni, and blight

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159
  • BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Billy and Oni

Huntress when hit boxes aren’t BS for either side

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Oni, Deathslinger, wraith and Billy are probably the most balanced killers but depends more on the playstyle of the killers bring BBQ and instantly win really unless it's survive with friends and you have the communication to tell each other when you're gonna get hooked so they can duck into a locker before they see them that's mostly my observation on games I've played

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited November 2020

Michael Myers.

He actually has to work for his power which feels rewarding and balanced.

I would put Hillbilly with him too. His power isn’t just an easy down unless he catches you in a very bad position.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I feel like Blight is the best and most balanced killer they’ve made in a long time.

Fun, difficult to master, strong but has counterplay, forces interesting interactions and mindgames on both sides, good add ons, interesting lore, creepy appearance and sound design, good cosmetics. I can’t think of many ways they could improve him really, except for QoL changes. But in terms of well-rounded design, he’s almost perfect.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Freddy is the most balanced Killer. He has the ability to apply pressure, he is strong in chases, he counters looping, and great scare potential. Without a ridiculously high difficulty to play to avoid the player from having to sweat each round against randoms (Unfortunately no matter what you will have a hard time against SWAT teams, but BHVR isn't going to do anything about that, and you're just going to end up getting your MMR rating so high with this killer to the point that's all your going to face till the rank reset, so enjoy it while you can).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Plague

I mean just look at that perfect posture...

• KettleWettle
    KettleWettle Member Posts: 149

In all honesty I think the only killers in the game that nobody ever really complains about are Myers, Pig, Demo, and Blight because I think they all are very well balanced (Pig could maybe use a little buff) but I never get tired of playing against those 4 😁

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

Demo and Pig

Pig has a game slow down, but it's not too oppressive. She also has a chance mechanic which leaves her some room of counterplay. Not on very safe pallets but we are also livin in an era where pallets gets some nerfs to be more counterable so good for her. And she has a tool to sneak on survivors. That's very good for some free hits, or to find the sneaky ones.

Overall she's pretty fair, leaves a lot of potential and counterplay. And if she lets you boop the snoot she's the cutiest.

Demo is pretty nice because he has mobiility, but you still have some counterplay to it while it also buys you some time as a kilelr when survivor cleanse your portals. You have a great chase tool which can shortens alot of loops.Saddenly most changes will shorten the loops anyway which will make it way more difficult landing a shred as demo.

He has a solid mobility and a great and fair chas emechanic. He isn't oppressive but also has a realistic chance to get 2 or more good survivor.

for me "balanced" means that something is fair and probably fun for both sides. And I like these two. With both you really earn your kilsl what makes it feel way more. And in a world were tunneling and camping wouldnt be that bad, survivors were more coordinated and had less of bail out of all out your mistakes perks, these two killers were the sh.t

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

The day a balanced killer comes I will name drop.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Hey, it's important to have different opinions—even if we disagree with them... heavily.

• Kbot22
    Kbot22 Member Posts: 96

Gordon is fun and feels like you have equal chance to outplay. Huntress is fun if they have good hotboxes. The chainsaw bros are balanced as well.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Maybe Blight?

I think Demo is way too weak, but maybe that's because I play on Console.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Huntress.

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

I feel like Pyramid Head is close to being balanced but what he needs is a bit of a change to POTD in order for him to be.

Right now its a very slow projectile and hits a much smaller area than you would think(Its only dead center of the attack, you can be on the edges of it and still not take damage) Considering this its currently virtually useless outside of hitting a survivor with it while they're in an animation like pallet dropping, vaulting, or unhooking(Sometimes, sometimes I use it for that and it doesn't actually damage them).

The rest of his kit feels pretty fair. Cages can counter DS so unless someone lockers you can ensure they get a second hook during that time period, or if they managed to get to second stage then you can execute them.

His trails are amazing for detection if you place them well and depending on the map

really its just his ranged attack that needs work. He's one of the few killers that balances out some of the more powerful survivor perks.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Blight is probably the perfect example of a balanced killer right now. Very high skill ceiling, the highest in the game, has an equal chance of getting slaughtered and slaughtering, tons of opportunities to be outplayed on either side and it's down to the skill of both sides who actually wins. Not to mention very fun and great even without add-ons, hence the "perfect example". Oni is another decent example but he has some add-ons that are ridiculously strong like topknot. Billy used to be another one but not sure anymore. addon-less or with the overheat add-ons he's kind of the same as he was before, but his new add-ons turn him to a gimmick killer if you want something that's actually stronger than addon-less.

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

I mean as long as a killer can do good against survivors there gonna be called op. Heck I even saw a thread for demo being op. Demo! He is extremely balanced. Just needs better add ons imo. Blight is also extremely balanced. He has plenty of weak points and counterplay but is fun to use and his power is good.