meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Thanks.

Post edited by meatisadelicacy on

Comments

• Killbutton
    Killbutton Member Posts: 87
    Options

I'm just curious if it's actually helped at all.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    edited November 2020
    Options

Most DCs ruin the game experience for others, more people quit playing a game cause of DCers and the game being unfair because of them than due to being punished for DCing themselves which is solved by... not DCing?

DC penalties are allmost in EVERY game nowdays, DC ruins the game for your team, facts.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

If you had to run some errands, the first penalty is only 5 minutes and from what I can tell it resets after 24 hours, this is a complete non issue.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

If OP doesn’t normally DC, and life started happening, the DC penalty they received would 100% be a non-issue.

Errands are more important than a five minute ban that they didn’t even have to deal with since they had errands.

I do not like the premise of this thread or similar threads and I am 💯 glad the DC penalty is being enforced properly.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

They don't want less people to play the game, they want less people who DC to play the game.

If you can't believe a game punishes people for disconnecting, i recommend expanding your horizon.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Why didn't you just let the animation finish? Well now you know

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

If you were in the middle of the dying animation, why not just wait for the animation to finish?

Also unless you dc a lot, you'll only be hit with a 5 minute penalty and I'm sure it'll take more than 5 minutes to finish whatever errands you needed to run. So it's not like the penalty would have even hurt you in anyway.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

Most DCs ruin the game experience for others,translate there one less meat shield to help me win the game.

tho still it pointless because you can easily ######### on hook but at lease killers can't get out.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

I used to think the DC penalty was desperately needed. However, I don't think it makes any difference. I took a break from the game for a couple weeks because I was just getting frustrated with so much of it.

Played my first match in 15 days this morning. 2 survivors and the killer all DC'd. It's reaching the point it's truly ruining my enjoyment of this game.

• Traciiee_1974
    Traciiee_1974 Member Posts: 18
    Options

If you quit on purpose you should get a penalty. Like in life sometimes things don't go your way and those big boy pants need pulling up and get on with it. It's selfish on the other people playing. If you had errands to run get off the game to do them play after

• meatisadelicacy
    Options

As I said, I was in the process of being sacrificed. The game was over for me. I wasn't salty. I do not see how banning people from playing a game is healthy for it.

• meatisadelicacy
    Options

The game was over. I wasn't salty. I wasn't trying to steal any killer's BBQ stacks. People still DC on purpose. People still kill themselves on first hook when they want out. The queue is long. I don't see how banning people makes a game healthier.

• meatisadelicacy
    Options

Oh okay. I will indeed expand my horizon. Thank you. That recommendation changed my life.

• meatisadelicacy
    Options

I agree that it doesn't help. This thread is full of people telling me I deserved it. Meh, I'll honestly probably just quit the game again, this time permanently. People still DC all the time. More people die on first hook. My queue times are as long as they've ever been. I had a game today where the same guy went down first and killed himself on first hook immediately. How is that any better than someone who dc's unintentionally? It helps killers get BBQ stacks, it doesn't improve the gameplay for anyone.

• meatisadelicacy
    edited November 2020
    Options

It has helped me realize this game is garbage and I'm likely deleting it. So yes.

This discussion has been closed.