Is this legal? Srsly?

######### are these game filters?

He can see anything while the killer or another players not.

If is legal, which filters is he using?

Comments

• BumpEmOff99
    BumpEmOff99 Member Posts: 52

That's a thumbnail from a sweh video lol

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Since last hot fix, maps are brighter on xbox at least. I used to have to turn the brightness up and whitewash everything on yamaoka and swamp just to see anything. Now its much better

• I mean I consider it cheating, but I don't see how it could possibly be punished short of just youtubers making videos, beyond that no way to know.

So I would just not worry about it.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Definitely not legal. You risk 25 years to life for breaking this law.

/s

sigh at the education system

• HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116

This is one of the reasons why i dont use crossplay

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,199

BHVR never firmly disapproved it because it was approved by them a few years ago when Freestyle made filters available for DBD. They don't consider it an exploit and have posted about it in the past.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

I dont like people that strech their red and brighten up the game just to be able to win, cause thats like so so sad

I aint gonna défend this streamer

But i wanna say that i know a french streamer that plays the game in its original version and gives the game filter to his restream, so that viewed see something

Well thise are his words, dunno if it is possible tho cause i dont stream nor can i use filters

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

I really think this is just players finding a way around BHVR's excuse for graphic settings.

No brightness options, shadow options, or color blind settings

And the FOV slider is still bound to perks.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

I guess, that's the reason why playing Trapper feels so miserable sometimes.

You are not supposed to see everything in horror games, that's plain cheating.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

I won't play with stretched resolution even if it gives me an advantage, because it looks so horrible that my eyes hurt.

But as for filters, I also use them, although I don't use the brightness itself but rather add more rich colors. I think the game looks faint.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited November 2020

I mean, I use the "Sharpen" filter which on its own pretty much makes it look like the textures in the game are higher quality and not too much more. But peronally I think super bright filters look ugly.

And don't developers have to explicitly allow the nvidia filters for them to be usable? So this isn't BHVR begrudgingly accepting it for some reason in that case, but them making it so they can be used in the first place. So I'd say it's just about as legal as it gets.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I've seen a bunch of streamers use them. Some use audio programs that boost survivor/killer noises.

AFAIK the devs don't seem to care that much even though they removed Brightness offerings because they wanted more control over visual map balance.

In all fairness a few streamers I've asked about the visual stuff have just done it to make the game look prettier. I'm more concerned about stretched screen players as that actually has a bigger hit on how chases can play out.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Yes its NVIDIA filters, if it was not allowed BHVR would simply had disabled it by now.

They also confirmed you are allowed to use Reshade another program similar to NVIDIA filters.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

Are you sure Reshade is whitelisted and not greylisted, i.e. it's not actively being banned for but that could change at any time and if you get banned you won't be unbanned?

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

I mean, if you want to suffer the game looking like complete crap just to give yourself an edge in a videogame....ermm...more power to ya, have a ball.

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330
    edited November 2020

I made a similar post a while back. The general consensus from what I've seen is:

"Lol it's a casual game why do you care?"

So, I guess not?

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500
    edited November 2020

Some maps can be incredibly dark (not just "regular dark"). Just brightening up your monitor or doing it in your regular software (usually it's just brightness, contrast, gamma and vibrance) may not really fix it for you. A few months ago, most maps became really dark for me, something I didn't experience anytime before. It was the first time I actually had to seek a solution for it. In the end I had to use NVidia Filters.

I will show you the second best example I've ever encountered so far (I'll try to find some screenshots from a match on "The Game" where I chased a claudette on the lower level of the map and I knew she was in front of me, cause I could hear her, but damn, she was basically invisible).

So, these two screenshots I've added, they show haddonfield and badham. Stairs are basically a black hole, don't come too close or it will suck you in. Second screenshot shows how this looks like if you need to mend down there. You basically can't see anything anymore.

Every map should be bright enough so that most people won't feel the need to brighten it up with NVidia filters (or other ways). I imagine, people with bad sight/eyes do have an issue on dark maps already. Now imagine being in the Deep Wound State in a dark map while being chased.

• xxiStezzy
    xxiStezzy Member Posts: 58

I know I'm a year late to this, but you're overreacting lmao. It's just an NVIDIA filter that makes your game a little brighter and look better. What's so bad about that? DBD in my opinion is kind of a dark game with not much textures and low brightness, which is why I use that to make it look a little more appealing.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    edited October 2021

Don't like it? Stop playing. The game is way too dark naturally. I don't enjoy playing a game where I can't see half the things going on that I need to see. I use my NVIDIA filters to see rofl

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited October 2021

OI! this cat and mouse game about outplaying your opponent and juking/ hiding, doesn't have graphics settings that let me see everything, Or a fov slider that removes stealth!! why don't they add things that COD and CSGO games from a different and unrelated genre, have?

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

The developers have enabled NVIDIA Filters - they don't have to. For example, I don't think CS:GO allows NVIDIA Filters.

If NVIDIA Filters were disabled people would just configure their monitor to brighten up the game more (which people already do anyway). NVIDIA filters do offer a few nice things though like the sharpening option, so it's be sad to see that go.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited October 2021

Doesn't this count as naming and shaming? Not that i care much since this guy is blatantly cheating.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

What about Console players (likely the majority of the playerbase) being unable to do so?

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

can't you just turn up brightness on the telly? not the most knowledgeable about filters, etc but assumed it'd be similar?