The new killer perks could change the killer meta

As a survivor main im excited about it. Changing the meta is not only good for one side but good for the opposing side as well as it leads to more exciting gameplay.

Perks like Oppression and coup de grace could be really good for M1 killers like Wraith and trapper.

Overall good perks so far.

Comments

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

They seem like they could be powerful

Oppression combined with PGTW, overcharge or surveillance could be strong if it works.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531

I'm in the same boat as Nick. I honestly didn't find a single one of them eye opening.

I'm not saying they outright suck, but I see nothing in them that would shake up the meta... the meta perks for killer aren't so much fun to run, as just nessecary in order to even have a chance against strong teams.

• dspaceman20

Well Either way any change to survivor and killer meta seems beneficial for everyone.

Did you try with PGTW or overcharge?

• DrHg
    DrHg Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2020

its weak

survivor meta wont change at all and killer meta wont change for awhile unless undying is nerfed.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Love Coup de Grace. Can defo see it entering a lot of builds

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2020

I actually agree - It feels like the meta is literally the only thing holding the game together. That's not a good place to be.

What they're going to eventually need to do, in order to keep this game fresh OR stop power creep from happening is they have to make the "mandatory perks" DH/DS/BT base line for all survivors... revamp Hex Totems and the kicking Mechanism for killer... and rebalance the entire game to account for these.

Undying was an example of just raw power creep. Killers needed a way to slow the game down, so they got a perk that's just hands down better than any other perk in that it actually makes hex totems at least 2x harder to get rid of.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,392

I don't think Coup De Grace will be that good. The extra lunge range is powerful, but it also means your next lunge as long as you have a token will be the increased lunge. You can get around it if you have a power that can deal damage, but otherwise you have to do normal swings if you want to save your increased lunge for a moment worthy of it.

Atm I think the best user of the perk is The Twins, because Victor can down injured survivors giving you freedom to save the increased lunges for the right moments.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'm gonna have to test the lunge Perk on Wraith's super-lunge.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,722

I see Coup only working with someone like Plague and maybe Myers due to the on command instadown. Only having 5 uses doesn't seem all that great at first glace but time will tell there. I think each gen giving two tokens would be fine.

Oppression seems like it could pair nice with Surveillance and Pop or maybe Surge to have massive gen regression all at once. That said I think Ruin/Undying is still the stronger choice overall. Some combo of Oppression/Surveillance/Surge/Pop could work on some killers though. Not a bad perk at all but I don't think it'll be meta changing from first glance.

Meme build but I think Plunderer's and Appraisal for an almost guaranteed key is pretty neat. Could work well in both solo and a group for those gen standoff situations which can happen a lot.

Deception seems cool and Power Struggle seems eh.

Hoarder I think will see some use but nothing meta wise.

Just my initial thoughts that are likely to change.

• dspaceman20

I agree with what your saying

I feel deception could be really fun with diversion and red Herring.

• KaarelK
    KaarelK Member Posts: 89

That lunge perk is stupid, it's already broken.

Dead hard is nerfed with the last update !? I just started to use it again and it's not working like it was.

This new perk just gives more 1 hook kills for killers

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,192

Oppression could be very viable and powerful! The other 2 seem more for variety in gameplay. The added lunge is a once only which, with NOED, might be useful, but nothing huge.

These perks could be fun, but Oppression feels the only really strong killer one.

• Boss

Nevermind, all Coup-whatever does is increase the distance, not the speed.

So the lunge can take up to about twice as long.

I don't need that for Wraith's super-lunges.

• dspaceman20

Well distance is still strong right?

And after thinking about it, it does counter Dead Hard.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Do you use Surge with any of those perks? Because Oppression is just Surge with unlimited range.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

I don't know I'm too fond of the long cooldown on Oppression and while the effect of Coup de Gras is insanely strong, it can only be used a total of 5 times. I don't think they're going to shake the meta too much, especially with perks like Ruin and Undying being a part of the killer meta. The survivors got some fun little perks but also nothing too amazing.

• Cancan71
    Cancan71 Member Posts: 709
    edited November 2020

No one has said this yet, but I feel that Hoarder would be great with Franklin's Demise. They either have to pick up their item and reveal their location to the killer or let their item be destroyed. It could take the place of other tracking perks if there's a lobby with a lot of items. We also might see more people searching chests with Appraisal coming out as well.

• Boss

Well sure, everything helps.

But i'm saying i don't see a need for more distance, what i'd prefer is speed.

If i don't land my super-lunge, it's almost never because they're too far away, it's because they reach a Pallet in time or they vault in time or they time their Sprint Burst just right.

Also i'm Wraith, i can just ring my Wailing Bell to bait Dead Hard.

• dspaceman20

Well for a strong effect a long cooldown is needed. Also for coup does the tokens stack?

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

It damages the gens but they regress at a normal speed so I don't think it's incredibly strong, especially because most of the time when you damage a gen, survivors aren't too far off to tap it. Maybe a cooldown is needed but 80-60 seconds is too much, in my opinion.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

I think Oppression may work well with Pop, Trail, Dragon's for the ultimate gen kicking build 😂

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

Definitely seeing oppression/surveillance/overcharge/PGTW builds coming in the future and I can honestly can't wait. Been waiting for new killer metas

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Ah! No they won't. They are just too weak.

Oppression might be a decent perk at best, but the cooldown is just too long for it to be meta and its the best one of the lot.

Hoarder is a fun idea that will only end up punishing casual survivors who like to check chests while, not doing anything against thoses who laser focus on generators.

Coup de Grâce is potentially very powerfull on some select killers but its no narrow and so limited. You are not in control of when you get it and you can very easily waste it. I can't ever see it being meta either.