Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What Killer has the Worst Set of Addons?

As the title states, who do you think has the worst addons?

Comments

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252

Legion. No doubt about it.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Probably Demogorgon or Legion.

Demo has a lot of add-ons that work, but aren't useful.

Legion has add-ons that don't work AND add-ons that aren't useful.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Demogorgon or Ghostface for me. Demo's best add-ons are browns and running anything besides recovery add-ons on Ghostface feels like a meme.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

How do you define worst?

I would argue that the design behind Demogorgon's add ons are all fine, good even. But almost all of them have numbers that are simply too low to be useful.

A lot of Pig's add ons have crazy bad design issues. From actually making her power weaker vs good survivors and heavily encouraging tunneling the snot out of people... it's just really bad. I think she's got like... 7 add ons that don't do either of those bad things... and they are all the ones that primarily make her dash/stealth better except Last Will (1 more hat) and Jigsaw's Annotated Plan (1 more box but +20s on timer).

Legion's add ons are also up there. They have 2 add ons that don't function with how their power functions anymore. 3 add ons that... kinda basically do nothing. 3 more that sound good on paper but in practice... they rely on chaining Frenzy and competent Survivors won't let you do that. That leaves them with... 9-10 add ons that are good depending on your thoughts on Fuming Mix Tape.

Then there's all the killers that have aspects of their base kit that's just too weak but have add ons to fix them. Wraith, Trapper, and arguably Ghost Face fall into this bucket.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

After playing these killers quite a bit, Pigs and Legions addons are quite good.

I agree with GF to an extent. Ghostface needs the thirty second base reduced, but not allow stacking of time reduction so people can be freed up to use his other addons. Ofherwise double charge time is king.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

I'd just make the base say 22 seconds, then the recovery ones 4/2s respectively (rn they are 8/6s so 30>16s would become 22>16s for example)

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited November 2020

No way for Pig. She has far too many god-awful ones IMO. Like, not just bad. Actual trash-tier.

• FFirebrandd
    edited November 2020

I would like to disagree with you.

All of Pig's add ons that effect box skill checks are significantly more punishing for new survivors and against good survivors they are somewhere between useless and actively bad for her because more skill checks can mean more Great Skill Checks and less hat time. Utility Blades, Slow-Release Toxin, Rusty Attachments, and arguably Facemask all encourage Pig to tunnel anyone with a hat on which is just toxic gameplay. Tampered Timer, Crate of Gears, Jigsaw's Sketch, and Bag of Gears all are designed to make it easier to kill Survivors with active hats, so much so that Timer + Crate make it so Survivors can't search every box and interfering with searches could make it so they only get to search one. That's probably not quite as toxic as Iri Head + Infantry Belt, but it's pretty bad. Amanda's Secret encourages Pig to tunnel people who have just got their hat off. Rules Set No. 2 turns what should be a stall power into a power that incentivizes Survivors to hammer gens because they're not going to stumble around blindly trying to find Saw boxes. Instead they'll hit Gens to activate their hat so they can see where they need to go. That only leaves Shattered Syringe, John's Medical File, Combat Straps, Video Tape, Last Will, Jigsaw's Annotated Plan, and Amanda's Letter that aren't problematic in some way. Most of those are the add ons that effect her stealth/dash.

Legion's are better. However Stab Wounds Study and Frank's Mix Tape both simply do not fit what's Legion's power is anymore. All three Frenzy Detection range add ons are just kinda... why? The affliction pins work on paper and can work in practice, but... for them to actually have an effect on someone you do not instantly start chasing you have to stab at least 3 survivors. Good survivors simply won't let you stab 3 people. Fuming Mix Tape... eh... Frenzy doesn't have enough up time for it to be great and you can't just flicker Frenzy to quick check all the gens because 4 second stun. All 3 Duration, the 3 Cool Down, 2 Recharge, 2 Mend Time, and Iri Button are all fine though.

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66

Agreed, deep wounds being such a ######### of a mechanic his add-ons "reduce deep wounds time or mending attempts is just #########" u might as well run no addons on Leg. Hopefully they will do something about deep wounds

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

I'm going to say Myers because a good chunk of his add ons cannot be ran together.

Using Scratched Mirror? Well throw out all those EW3 extenders and Tombstones, along with a dead rabbit, vanity mirror, some fragments and shards, flowers, a journal, and memorial as your playstyle forbids them as you now have to use a Memo from a Boyfriend for some reason.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Deathslinger and demo. I know this for a fact

• Deathslinger has only 2 useful sets of add-ons: Reload and mending time. And maybe cooldown if you are a beginner. His ultrares are fun, but not really useful in most situations. The rest are downright awful.
    • Demo has only 2 useful add-ons, the rat liver and tail. The rest are awful and will. rarely come in handy..

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Hillbilly, they neutered his addons when hardly anyone was complaining about him.

• Steel_Eyed

Nah, I understand Pigs addons and heard people explain the negatives. I do not care for one of her iridescents, because it does not feel strong enough. But her purples, greens, yellows, and brown addons are almost all good except for like a hemorrhage yellow status effect and the three skillcheck addons. Everything else has a place, purpose, and use. Just be creative. She’s very good.

You actually make the case that her addons are good. I agree with a lot of what you say.

A lot of killers have bad addons. When you max out a killer you get pretty free range to pick and choose your favorites. I feel I only have a strong case that four of her addons are not particularly good (to me).

Glad you agree on concept. I think four seconds (30 to 26) is well and good enough. Just gift the brown away so that GF players don’t feel like they have to bring both addons for charge. But also 16 seconds is too short a time. With this the GFs will be in the 20~ second range and be free to play other addons without significantly knee capping themselves by not bringing charge addons.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

My votes on Demo. The majority of his addons are garbage and his best is a grey.

• TAG

Like I said, she has a lot of add-ons aren't just bad. They are useless. She has multiple add-ons that, when used together, are arguably not even an improvement over addon-less Pig.

She has:

Two good browns

Two good yellows

One good green

Two good purples

Zero good reds

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

It's kind of disgusting how awful the state of killer Add-ons is. It's completely random across the board.

Some killers have good add-ons. Some have decent ones. Some have NECESSARY add-ons. And still others have awful or actively detrimental add-ons.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Demo, pig, legion

• FFirebrandd

I think you misunderstand what I'm getting at. Most of Pig's add ons are not good. Not even a little. Unless you have narrowed your viewpoint to only their raw power (which you shouldn't), most of her add ons heavily encourage incredibly scummy behavior on the part of the Pig player.

Tampered Timer + Crate of Gears is bad for the same reason Iri Head + Infantry Belt is bad. They're too good in a way that makes that particular round of this game become absolutely terrible. That is not a good thing.

• Randomplayer545
    Randomplayer545 Member Posts: 21

i've heard that pyramid head has some pretty useless add-ons, i don't play him, but i have a few friends that do and they usually start talking about how useless his add-ons are when we are in a party and we just talk about killers we don't like playing much.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Demo, and PH are the big ones imo.

Demo only has like 3 actually useful addons.

PH has okay but boring ones for the beginning, but his purples and Iris are laughable.

• Steel_Eyed

They are good add ons. You’re making the case that it’s bad for game health, but those addons are very strong. She has green versions of those same addons. Then the exhaust and mangled can cause some problems.

They are good addons. I do not know that Pigs should or should not play to her strengths, but I am arguing they are strengths. You are sideways walking towards the same conclusion. See what I mean?

• JAZC_CR
    JAZC_CR Member Posts: 207

Nurse is number one pure meme add-ons, second demo, third Pyramid Head, those add-ons (purple-Ultra) are a pure joke, fourth deathslinger....

• FFirebrandd

Only a fool ignores the health of the game when considering whether something is good or not. Are a decent chunk of Pigs add ons strong? Sure, but a lot of them are super toxic which makes them not good. I am not in fact walking towards the same conclusion. Pig needs an add on rework far far worse than Demo does, though for very different reasons.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Demogorgon, and Ghost Face are my picks.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Pig, Deathslinger and Demo have it the worst imo.

• FFirebrandd

Are you not reading what I'm writing or something? I didn't "come around".

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,220

Demogorgon is probably the king of useless addons.

Legion, Pig, Ghostface and Deathslinger have some good addons but a lot of useless ones.

Pyramidhead has good addons overall, but most of them are quite boring.

Also Nurse, 3 of her addons are just straight up detrimental (5 if you include the ultra rares).

• TAG

I would argue that Tampered Timer is not even a strong add-on. It does absolutely nothing unless it makes a Kill, and even in the best-case scenarios with the best add-ons to make that happen, that does not happen very often. I'll still use it because I love getting RBT kills, but using Tampered Timer is more often than not going in with no add-on in that slot.

Also, Bag of Gears isn't good either. Its effect is quite minimal. Its only arguable use is pairing it up with Crate of Gears to make Crate of Gears just a little bit better.

Slow-Release Toxin is actual garbage, and Rusty Attachments is only marginally better.

• Steel_Eyed

Maybe Tampered Timer alone. When a Pig player combines two of the three slowdown purple add ons, it very commonly results in a kill. That’s what Firebrand is arguing about.

When it takes longer to search a box, there’s more boxes, or the timer is reduced by thirty seconds (the three strong purples), I would say a head pop is likely in four tries. The naughty part is if the Pig player manages the boxes and pushes survivors off, it wastes more precious time.

Otzdarva discusses this in his addon series and even has a great Pig video released in the last month or so where he highlights this.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
    edited November 2020

Doesn't matter. You only need to camper to 4k every game.

• TAG
    edited November 2020

It really does not (from my experience). Even if you go Tampered Timer + Crate or Tampered Timer + Sketch, more often than not, you are basically going Crate + nothing or Sketch + nothing.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Ghostface, Demogorgon, Billy, Nurse.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Outside of his faster teleport add ons I'd say Demo.

He has those absolutely worthless add ons that increase his stealth by 0.5-1 full seconds. Worthless considering there's a GLOBAL teleport sound and his footsteps can be heard from the other side of the planet.

• Steel_Eyed

I feel like Ghostface and Nurse suffer from the same problem. Charge time is just too strong to ignore. They should bump up the base kits, basically give a charge time addon to them, and then not allow stacking charge time addons. Nurse and Ghostface have a slew of good addons, but why take them when charge time does so much more for the killers?